Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 04:32 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,688,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
I did prove your point, if illegal immigrants weren't in this country. Since they are, Americans will not work for depressed wages.

So the problem's the illegals. Get rid of them, heavily fine and imprison employers, and deport the illegals and wages will return to where they should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 04:34 PM

4,802 posts, read 8,766,153 times
Quote:
I did prove your point, if illegal immigrants weren't in this country. Since they are, Americans will not work for depressed wages.
Where is the "slapping oneself on the forehead while screaming aaaarrrrgggghhhh" smiley?

Old 11-30-2007, 04:36 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,166,549 times
Quote:
You're employing them. You're part of the problem.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:38 PM

635 posts, read 1,749,725 times
I don't want to get in trouble so this is my last post. Americans first priority is not blue collar work, and depressed wages. Even if illegal immigrants left the U.S. and wages went up, physically demanding jobs would be at the bottom of the list for young Americans. People don't go to college so they can become roofers or install flooring. Enjoy your life in Wyoming?, no hard feelings.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:41 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,996,101 times
How would anyone know what an American's "priority" is other than providing for their family?

Old 11-30-2007, 04:41 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,166,549 times
Quote:
I don't want to get in trouble so this is my last post. Americans first priority is not blue collar work, and depressed wages. Even if illegal immigrants left the U.S. and wages went up, physically demanding jobs would be at the bottom of the list for young Americans. People don't go to college so they can become roofers or install flooring. Enjoy your life in Wyoming?, no hard feelings.
Awww, promise?

Have fun aiding and abetting common criminals.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:43 PM

635 posts, read 1,749,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post

Have fun aiding and abetting common criminals.
I will. Thanks.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:50 PM

4,802 posts, read 8,766,153 times
Quote:
Approximately 29% of Americans have bachelor's degrees. I'd hardly call that overwhelming. An even smaller percentage have M.A.'s or Ph.D.'s. All total Americans with college degrees make up about 45% of the population.

What are the other 55% supposed to do for work?

Old 11-30-2007, 04:53 PM

49 posts, read 118,676 times
Quote:
There is no way your going to convince a young American to do gardening work for 8 hours a day for minimum wage. I'm sorry but if you think Americans are going to fill the jobs illegals now have, your head is in the ground. I believe Americans should have whatever job they apply for, but plain and simple these jobs suck. I've done construction, it's ridiculously soar, you don't do this work unless you have no education and there's no other jobs available.
There are many American Citizens who do this work. Like me. I couldn't afford a college education. I DID construction work until all the mexicans moved here. Now myself, and many others have NO WORK. There are many amereican people who will and can do construction work and labor type jobs. Who do you think did them before the mexicans came????? Not everyone including americans have a college education. They came, work for less than mimimum wage, pay no taxes.

I don't mind hard work at all. I work a retail job and would prefer construction work over it any day. It keeps your body in shape as well. I miss the exercise I got and the good feeling of doing a "good hard day's work".
Standing around serving retail customers, sucks.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:54 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,419,551 times
"you must spread some reputation around before giving it to Kele again"
Thank You for another intelligent post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration