Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 05:22 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,935,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So the truth comes out. Our immigration and labor laws are silly to you? I'd love to see you say that in a courtroom and see what that gets you. I seriously hope you aren't a U.S. citizen with that attitude.
Agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 07:25 PM

943 posts, read 1,200,521 times
Quote:
So the truth comes out. Our immigration and labor laws are silly to you? I'd love to see you say that in a courtroom and see what that gets you. I seriously hope you aren't a U.S. citizen with that attitude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed.
Born NorCal.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:26 PM

I'm quoting my friend who is a member of the GOP and personal friend of many Republican presidential candidates.

"The entire closed border community consist of people who are upset their unemployed son can't get a job as a warier while he sits back playing xbox."

Old 03-06-2014, 11:34 PM

22,515 posts, read 12,065,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous725 View Post
I'm quoting my friend who is a member of the GOP and personal friend of many Republican presidential candidates.

"The entire closed border community consist of people who are upset their unemployed son can't get a job as a warier while he sits back playing xbox."

^And that's total nonsense. To say that's what everybody who wants our borders secured thinks, is preposterous. And what's a "warier"?

Old 03-07-2014, 12:26 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,525,614 times
Quote:

Give me a break. Personal friends of GOP candidates don't have kids (or kids of friend's) competing for jobs with illegal immigrants. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post. If you're saying citizens of the USA can't compete with undocumented workers for manual labor jobs, then OK, they can't. There was a time when they (legal citizens) could have done OK with manual labor jobs. They can't now, and it's not only unfair to them, but also to the undocumented laborers. The whole system is screwed up.

Old 03-07-2014, 05:49 AM

63,089 posts, read 29,276,624 times
Quote:

First off there is no closed border community. The GOP isn't opposed to legal immigration and a secure border isn't a closed one. Second, most of our youth are not lazy and choosing to stay at home playing xbox rather than desiring to work. Next.......

Old 03-07-2014, 05:53 AM

63,089 posts, read 29,276,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Give me a break. Personal friends of GOP candidates don't have kids (or kids of friend's) competing for jobs with illegal immigrants. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post. If you're saying citizens of the USA can't compete with undocumented workers for manual labor jobs, then OK, they can't. There was a time when they (legal citizens) could have done OK with manual labor jobs. They can't now, and it's not only unfair to them, but also to the undocumented laborers. The whole system is screwed up.
A hair stands up on the back of my neck referring to illegal aliens as undocumented. There is no such legal term for them. Anyway, moving along what is being unfair to illegal aliens?

Old 03-07-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
First off there is no closed border community. The GOP isn't opposed to legal immigration and a secure border isn't a closed one. Second, most of our youth are not lazy and choosing to stay at home playing xbox rather than desiring to work. Next.......
The Closed Border Community consists of anyone who is against or disagrees with an open border system, like Europe.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Agreement

I believe that everyone should be able to travel freely, without the need of documentation, borders or checkpoints, and the ability to work freely and legally in any country without the requirement of additional bureaucracy such as the current visa process.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
What I'm saying is:

- If you come to this country undocumented, you should have the right to work here freely without the fear of deportation or ineligibility to work.

- We need to abolish the minimum wage.

- We need to encourage international competition in this country to help lower working wages, and create a more multicultural environment.

- Americans who work in manual labor or any job which are able to be replaced by a worker, whether undocumented or citizen here, should learn and reeducate themselves and change career paths.

Old 03-07-2014, 03:43 PM

22,515 posts, read 12,065,199 times
So, Anonymous, you are all for open borders and unlimited legal and illegal immigration. That is absolutely scary. What you advocate for is extremely irresponsible.

You must not have any descendants. If you did, you would want to leave something better for them than a country that has descended into third world status with 1 billion people and not enough potable water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration