Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 03:45 PM

24,908 posts, read 39,339,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
To be on topic. My guess is most Dems are more worried about Iraq, Terrorism Healthcare, and the economy. The immigrant issue while I think important does pale when you think about the other issues. They are largely docile and simply want to make money to survive. That said, they need to pay taxes like the rest of us.
I would agree with you with one change: Regardless of party affiliation (or no party in the case of independents), the same concerns, about the same issues, apply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 03:46 PM

751 posts, read 1,184,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Let me ask you this: Are you suggesting that all big business owners, and all CEO's of Fortune 500 companies, all vote Republican? That they are Republicans (registered)?
Suggesting? Who do you think people like Stan O'Neal or Charles Prince vote for?! Barrack Obama?! The perfect example of the Republican voting CEO is Mitt Romney, of course, a person like him would vote Republican! No party has created more tax loopholes and reduced tax burden/capital gains taxation for the wealthy than the GOP. Also, "patriotic" Republicans like Romney do not send their kids to Iraq, they send them to Yale, Harvard or Princeton, while the poor, uneducated sympathizers are doing all the dirty work in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc

Old 01-04-2008, 03:52 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,911,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Suggesting? Who do you think people like Stan O'Neal or Charles Prince vote for?! Barrack Obama?! The perfect example of the Republican voting CEO is Mitt Romney, of course, a person like him would vote Republican! No party has created more tax loopholes and reduced tax burden/capital gains taxation for the wealthy than the GOP. Also, "patriotic" Republicans like Romney do not send their kids to Iraq, they send them to Yale, Harvard or Princeton, while the poor, uneducated sympathizers are doing all the dirty work in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc
History loves to repeat itself. If you have money you can almost always buy freedom and this lesson gets taught to the children of the rich. Like, when Paris got dragged into to Jail and cried for her Mom.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:55 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,699,209 times
Quote:
Please provide proof that all CEO's of Fortune 500 companies, all Presidents of Large Companies are Republicans and vote Republican.

And, let me also ask you to check your statement that "they do not send their kids to Iraq". I'll give you a head start - check out the status of John McCains son

And, I take very personally your attack on my son - who is on his 5th tour in the ME - he is not a "poor, uneducated sympathizers"

I DEMAND an apology - not only to me but to all the others on this board who's children are in the ME serving with honor and distinction!

APOLOGIZE
Where the hell does this uneducated poor crap come in. because we fight for our country!!!!!!! So now if you are military you are poor and dumb!!!! Where's my bat!?!

Old 01-04-2008, 03:56 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,765,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
where do you get that, from the little Iowa caucus. yea ok, that determines the outcome.
Tell me why the hell ALL democratic candidates support as you call it "amnesty". Do you think they would do that if immigration was as important to their base as it is to the republican base?

Old 01-04-2008, 03:57 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,699,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Tell me why the hell ALL democratic candidates support as you call it "amnesty". Do you think they would do that if immigration was as important to their base as it is to the republican base?
Because they are spineless and only care about making money!!!!!!!!

Old 01-04-2008, 04:00 PM

24,908 posts, read 39,339,280 times
Quote:
Ah, but they don't.

Most now support allowing the illegal to return to their country of origin and to allow for an expedited application to return -

RETURN to their country of origin - many are already doing that it seems.

Perhaps they will return, the "right" way. If they do, they will be welcomed

Old 01-04-2008, 04:02 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,911,697 times
Quote:
Can you be sure that repubs want to stop illegals? How will the Bush family get their laundry done?

Old 01-04-2008, 04:04 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,765,498 times
Quote:
Ah, but they don't.

Most now support allowing the illegal to return to their country of origin and to allow for an expedited application to return -

RETURN to their country of origin - many are already doing that it seems.

Perhaps they will return, the "right" way. If they do, they will be welcomed
They all support the CIR in the senate and that bill would have allowed qualified illegal immigrants to stay here. LOL, spin it anyway you want but the democratic base care more about iraq, economy, healthcare, education than they do about illegal immigration. Is that so hard for you guys to accept?

Old 01-04-2008, 04:04 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,603,261 times
I had also been a life-long Democrat; and never in my wildest dreams considered voting for a Republican. The open borders agenda of the Dems, and the nauseating pandering to illegals, have been the impetus for changing my party affiliation from Democrat to Independent. I refuse to vote for anyone who will not secure our borders, and end this illegal invasion. Nor will I vote for an amnesty apologist.

The polls are skewed; there are many Dems and former Dems who share my stance on illegal immigration. We are not uneducated and ignorant, nor are we racists. Why do you persist in vilifying all opposed to illegal immigration?

Furthermore, there are uneducated, ignorant and racist individuals residing in all 50 states. I would also be interested in reputable data delineating education, ignorance and bigotry by region /red vs. blue/ Dem vs. GOP. What is your reference source?

I am also offended by your Iraq comment. It is appalling, and an affront to all of our brave troops who have fought and died there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration