Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 05:33 PM

24,908 posts, read 39,355,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Thanks for the invitation but NO. I can't even describe how much it angers me to see young people(18, 19) missing arms and legs, with nothing left to live for. Anyways, I am not discussing this subject any longer because I have a lot of problems with this subject. So, you will not hear anything else on this subject coming from me. We just have different opinions, that is all.
Oh, it bothers me too. AND, I, and my wife, see these brave men and women on a very, very regular basis - we work with these folks - some approaching 40 years old - not just 18 or 19 year olds

You could, at the very least, show some RESPECT for our troops. But, I don't think that is possible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 05:41 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,838,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
According to polls most Democratic Voters do not think that illegal immigration is an important issue. It is like 8th on their list in importance and many of them want the issue to just go away and keep the borders open. Among Republican voters it is the number one or two issue.

Being a life long Democrat and against illegal immigration, I am trying to understand the people who share a Democratic viewpoint. Why are many if not most Democrats for an open border and amnesty while most republicans for stricter border security (except Wall Street Republicans like George Bush)?

I would like to hear from fellow Democrats mostly.
It is important. It is just not as high as some other issues right now. I would point out that Republicans also think tax cuts for the rich, banning abortion and gay marriage and finding a war to fight somewhere are more important too.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:38 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,093,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
According to polls most Democratic Voters do not think that illegal immigration is an important issue. It is like 8th on their list in importance and many of them want the issue to just go away and keep the borders open. Among Republican voters it is the number one or two issue.

Being a life long Democrat and against illegal immigration, I am trying to understand the people who share a Democratic viewpoint. Why are many if not most Democrats for an open border and amnesty while most republicans for stricter border security (except Wall Street Republicans like George Bush)?

I would like to hear from fellow Democrats mostly.
Reasons: Many democrats want to stay true to their party. Many poor democrats are as always lured by democrat candidates promises of free services. Rich democrats are often not as threatened 'personally' by illegal immigration. Many democrats are for globalism in the 'Security and Prosperity Agreement' which is known as the North American Union. Many democrats though have switched to Independent or Republican due to illegal immigration issue.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:50 AM

1,058 posts, read 3,494,769 times
Why do Democrats have little interest in the illegal immigration issue?

Are you serious.

They see future voters.

As the country becomes more diverse the Democrats will be in an ever stronger position to get power, hold power and expand their power.

far from hurting them illegal and legal immigration benefits Democrats.

What doesn't make sense is the Republican refusal to do anything about the immigration flood. Republicans are effectively cutting their own throats.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:47 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,673,530 times
This is why I advocate so strongly for ALL young people out of high school to do 2 years mandatory military service, so that Punk Trolls like this at least are exposed to a grain of reality. The military, by the way, does not teach revisionist history....

Democrats of course have bigger fish to fry: heralding in the Nanny State, universal health care, taxation for the "rich" (i.e. hardworking, self made) only, taking god out of everything and off everything (money, buildings, statues, etc.), limiting free speech only to those who are in line with their agenda. Welcome to the brave new world!! No time for common sense and keeping our country safe and sovereign. Just the right milieu for the Invaders and Terrorists: one group continues to invade and cause anarchy, the other group just waiting to take over after anarchy to install their brand of "law"--can we spell S-H-A-R-I-A???

Old 01-06-2008, 12:19 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,239,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
This is why I advocate so strongly for ALL young people out of high school to do 2 years mandatory military service, so that Punk Trolls like this at least are exposed to a grain of reality. The military, by the way, does not teach revisionist history....

Democrats of course have bigger fish to fry: heralding in the Nanny State, universal health care, taxation for the "rich" (i.e. hardworking, self made) only, taking god out of everything and off everything (money, buildings, statues, etc.), limiting free speech only to those who are in line with their agenda. Welcome to the brave new world!! No time for common sense and keeping our country safe and sovereign. Just the right milieu for the Invaders and Terrorists: one group continues to invade and cause anarchy, the other group just waiting to take over after anarchy to install their brand of "law"--can we spell S-H-A-R-I-A???
Looking at the blunders committed during the Bush era; I am about ready to give the Dems a chance.

The latter are at a crossroads: either support working class Americans or support the pro illegal crowd.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:24 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,914,841 times
Republican or Democrat, anybody will do better than Bush has.

Dubya's gonna have the dubious distinction of worst president ever.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:11 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,239,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
Republican or Democrat, anybody will do better than Bush has.

Dubya's gonna have the dubious distinction of worst president ever.
If not the worst; one of the worst, history will be the final arbitor.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:28 PM

902 posts, read 723,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If not the worst; one of the worst, history will be the final arbitor.
Always remember that the winner write the history no matter how revisionist it may become in the end.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:34 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,996,836 times
Why do Democrats have little interest in the illegal immigration issue?

Are you serious.

They see future voters.

Oh yeah, they dwell on that. Laughing my a** off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration