Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 04:52 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,378,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
First Amendment provided by a soldier? The First Amendment originated from a bill written by Thomas Jefferson that was later proposed to the Virginia Legislature. Unless, Thomas Jefferson was a soldier, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.
WHO HAS PROTECTED YOUR AMENDMENT RIGHTS FOR THE LAST 230 YEARS?????? ARE YOU THAT DENSE???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 04:59 PM

751 posts, read 1,185,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
WHO HAS PROTECTED YOUR AMENDMENT RIGHTS FOR THE LAST 230 YEARS?????? ARE YOU THAT DENSE???????
So the soldiers in Iraq are there protecting the First Amendment? I thought they were looking for weapons of mass destruction.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:01 PM

24,908 posts, read 39,353,403 times
Quote:
So the soldiers in Iraq are there protecting the First Amendment? I thought they were looking for weapons of mass destruction.
Would you like to go and see for yourself Lukeache? And, I'm being quite serious -

Old 01-05-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Lukeache - let's try this - How do you feel about our men and women in uniform? Not just those in the ME - but, in general.

Tell us exactly how you feel about them (and please, keep in mind that yesterday you called them stupid)

Old 01-05-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Perhaps if you were a family member of someone that was tortured to death or skinned alive by Saddam, you would understand more about why we're in Iraq. But back to the point, soldiers are what protects the US from invasion, agianst all enemies, foreign and domestic, and why the US is still a country. Without the protection of soldiers, this country would have been taken over long ago by a country like Nazi Germany in WW2, North Korea, etc., and you would have none of the amendment rights you speak of. Do you understand that? My guess is no.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Lukeache - let's try this - How do you feel about our men and women in uniform? Not just those in the ME - but, in general.
I don't agree with the war. I do not agree with the military brainwash. I do not agree with turning people into killing machines. I do not agree with blind patriotism, I do not agree with what happens to these people when they come home. I do not agree with the more than 200.000 Vets that are homeless today. I do not agree with giving a family a few thousand dollars for a "lost life". I do not agree with the fact that these people are doing all the dirty work for people like Bush, Rumsfeld, etc. I do not agree with the fact that many of these "brave" people are lied to on a daily basis. Should I go on?

Old 01-05-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
I don't agree with the war. I do not agree with the military brainwash. I do not agree with turning people into killing machines. I do not agree with blind patriotism, I do not agree with what happens to these people when they come home. I do not agree with the more than 200.000 Vets that are homeless today. I do not agree with giving a family a few thousand dollars for a "lost life". I do not agree with the fact that these people are doing all the dirty work for people like Bush, Rumsfeld, etc. I do not agree with the fact that many of these "brave" people are lied to on a daily basis. Should I go on?
So from what your saying, you blame the people in charge of Iraq, not the soldiers themselves. So why on earth would you insult these brave men and women by calling them ignorant and uneducated? Do you not understand why people would take extreme offense to your comments?

Old 01-05-2008, 05:16 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,237,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
You have to understand that "lukeache" would have been one of the first to go to Canada during Vietnam ... I'd better say no more or I'll be red marked again...

I for one and others here thank you for your son and what he is doing for America...
That Vietnam War was a massive clusterf**k due to our 'government' effectively tying the collective one hand behind the backs of our Armed Forces.

That stated: I barely missed the Draft; I turned age 18 in 1975, the Draft ended in 1973.

I will not deny that had I been faced with being drafted; I may have made a run for Canada.

That stated: if the USA were attacked; I would have enlisted, just when 9-11 hit, I was too old anyway and most likely been 4-F'ed for some medical problems.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
All of the above is a rant about the government - not the troops

Face it, your diatribes show you have absolutely no respect for our men and women in uniform - NONE - as in ZERO, ZILCH, NADA.

Our troops have far more gonads than you ever will - they know what it means to be an American - they know what it means to give your life for another. They know what sacrifice really means - and you know what? They serve with HONOR - a word you should look up sometime. They serve with distinction - another word you should learn. They serve with courage - something I believe you will never have -

Again, my offer stands - I can arrange for you to go meet these very people you dislike so very much. I can get you to places where these brave men and women work - where they are helping Iraqis - and where the Iraqis are helping our troops.

You up for it? You have the guts?

Old 01-05-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
All of the above is a rant about the government - not the troops

Face it, your diatribes show you have absolutely no respect for our men and women in uniform - NONE - as in ZERO, ZILCH, NADA.
Thanks for the invitation but NO. I can't even describe how much it angers me to see young people(18, 19) missing arms and legs, with nothing left to live for. Anyways, I am not discussing this subject any longer because I have a lot of problems with this subject. So, you will not hear anything else on this subject coming from me. We just have different opinions, that is all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration