Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 07:08 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
My Dad, myself, and two of my son's have served in the U.S. military during times of war. My two son's still are in the military.
I am proud to belong to a family that has had three generations serving our country.
Anyone of us would have proudly stuffed that Mexican flag somewhere where the sun would never shine on it.
Most Veterans don't take an act like what this post is about lightly, no matter who put that foreign flag up the pole on American soil.
We have a tendency to get an attitude.
Yeah, I do, too, my father being a vet from WWII, a pilot of a B-26 over Germany. I am damned proud of his service and his Purple Heart and Distinguished Flying Crosses. He put his life on the line for US, not for some damned illegals or illegal supporters.

I got a real nasty attitude toward these type of people who would DARE do something like this. REAL nasty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 09:17 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
But the claim was that they were illegals. Nothing in the articles supported that claim.
Actually, one person claimed it was removed by the Post Office--one person who was on the OTHER side of the street next to the Mariscos Restaurant, and several others claimed that it was removed by counter protesters.

However, you will believe what you want to believe. Personally, I don't care who removed the flag--a U.S. flag was desecrated and used to wipe the muck from gutter that day while attached to the bottom of someone's foot--I actually have a photo of that--but I don't know for sure if it was a flag someone brought, or the flag from the Post Office which several people claimed was removed and then defaced before the raising of the Mexican flag.

Since the only video of the event likely belongs to AnswerLA or Indymedia as the permitted demonstrators were separated from the goons by about 100 feet or so, the truth of the matter will never be shown as neither of those groups would ever dream of allowing something as inconsequential as the truth stand in the way of their agenda.

BTW, my father fought in WW II and Korea. He put his life on the line for this country and was permanently disabled doing so. ANYONE and I mean ANYONE who shows that kind of disrespect for this country's flag does so at the expense of every single person who ever answered the call to defend this country and especially to those who gave their lives doing so. In my opinion, that makes them a lower form of life than any single celled organisim in existence.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:21 AM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Whoever raised the Mexican flag was either a) illegal or b) a supporter of illegals. I think it is fairly obvious that an American citizen who respects his or her country did not raise the flag.
But an american citizen with a pro-illegal agenda could.

Quote:
In scanning through 3 pages of google links to the story, only one person stated that the US flag had been taken down for the day prior to the Mexican flag being raised. The others say the US flag was removed then the Mexican flag raised. The time on the video camera is 1:13 PM. Since the camera was being used to document events, I suspect the time was set correctly. I do not know what time the Post Office normally closes for the day in that community.
Since this is an event with numerous cameras by both protesters, if the US flag was removed and desecrated then that video would be everywhere. It isnt. All the so-called proof that it was removed and desecrated is by people who “claim” it was and then repeated by others. I think it is also possible that the general manager at that post office closed the office early because of the protests and took the flag down then.

Quote:
The firestorm provoked by this video has a life of it's own. Whether or not someone throws on another container of gasoline doesn't really matter. People are angered by the raising of the Mexican flag over a federal building. Whether they took the US flag down themselves or it was already down is a point that can be debated, but I don't expect very many people to say, "Oh well, since the US flag was down anyway I guess it's OK that they raised theirs". And that is the beauty of the illegals and their handlers- they are always pulling some stunt like this. Which just makes our job that much easier.
Well the title of the thread is called “illegal mexicans remove American flag, replace with mexican one”. That alone creates more hatred and heated temperatures than if you just called it “mexican flag raised over US post office building during protest”. I’m sure you’re going to get less emotional people since the image of someone taking down the US flag is no longer there.

If you read through the thread, you wont find one person agreeing that it was ok to raise the mexican flag. They are only showing that lies about who raised it, claiming it definitely was an illegal, or that the US flag was removed by illegals, are all false and have no support, other than the “anonymous posters” on anti-illegal immigrant forums.

My point is that unsupported accusations and exagerrated lies, don’t help anyone’s cause.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:22 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
We don't really KNOW all the facts. Consider this--

*Has anyone actually SEEN the American flag in the photo in its entirety? It's possible that it has 51 stars--- or 49....

*Likewise with the alleged Mexican flag--- maybe, upon close examination, the "eagle" might prove to be a condor---holding a gopher snake. Hard to see details in the photo.

*Some of the illegals MIGHT have been from Sweden or Taiwan, POSING as Mexicans to "throw us off". In fact, many on this thread have referred to them as "illegal Mexicans". This COULD mean they were in MEXICO illegally, even before they came here. "Illegal Mexicans" could even be Americans, who'd gone to Mexico and tried to pose as 'locals'. The term isn't altogether clear...

*The Post Office might REALLY be a muffler shop, or a pizzeria. The photo doesn't really show the interior....maybe, too, the photo itself was 'doctored up'...who can say?

* It's easy at any costume shop to rent a "cop" uniform. Maybe some of the "policemen" standing by only SAID they were officers, and people just took their word for it...sort of like a "prank"...

*In a broader sense, there might not be any illegals AT ALL in the US. Has anyone actually MET all of them, and have they provided documentation of their illegal status? Just because someone CLAIMS to be illegal, doesn't mean he IS. I had an uncle who CLAIMED to be a chicken (we'd have had him hospitalized, but we needed the eggs). But that doesn't mean we BELIEVED him..He was LYING.

* Until we know the FACTS,---and I mean ALL the facts--- and until we have PROOF, I say we all calm down. You can't always believe what you see, or hear. And even when it's PROVEN, you can't always believe the PROOF.

Got to go now--- I'm trying to figure out rebuttals to the Law of Gravity---I hear a lot about it, but mostly it's just "talk"...

Old 01-08-2008, 10:00 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Yep, you find her so credible, you felt it necessary to *edit* her article in order to avoid spelling out where the real racism came from that day.

You, along with a few others who don't even deserve to have their names mentioned, absolutely crack me up. Unable to prove my version of events at Maywood false, you hop on any little ol' thing you can and worry it to death like a pitbull with a chew toy. Poor little puppies.
Misleading.....

Oh, ouch! How will I live now that you've nicked my rep -1?

Old 01-08-2008, 10:20 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
A rebuttal link for what? They posted a link to an anti-illegal forum. Am I supposed to find some link to some “pro-illegal” forum as a rebuttal?

Claiming it was an illegal who hoisted the flag without proof is a baseless and unsupported accusation. Posting a link to an anti-illegal-immigrant forum is not “proof”. It's all an assumption based on the type of protest or march or whatever it was.

Uh millions upon millions here from Mexico illegally and a Mexican flag was raised over the US Post Office.

If you can't connect that you need brain surgery.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:28 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
A frontal lobotomy would be good, plus haldol and a pink room.... Line 'em up.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:38 AM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Uh millions upon millions here from Mexico illegally and a Mexican flag was raised over the US Post Office.

If you can't connect that you need brain surgery.
Thanks for the example of a specious premise and conclusion based on unsupported claims to an event.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:54 AM

902 posts, read 718,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Thanks for the example of a specious premise and conclusion based on unsupported claims to an event.
No, thank you!!!!

Old 01-08-2008, 11:01 AM

4 posts, read 22,495 times
We can thank this administration who have done a great job dividing and conquering the people, when are we going to get together and take our country back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration