Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 01:02 AM

149 posts, read 467,617 times

Advertisements

Yes, many heroes are humble and consider themselves as ordinary folks who are just doing their job.

In my mind, a hero is anyone who risks their life so that others may live. Simply put, heroes are ordinary people who do extraordinary things for others. Sadly, many are not among us anymore; they have given the ultimate sacrifice.

I was a Civil Air Patrol cadet (think Air Force JROTC but a little different) and many of my role models/heroes are either in the military or retired military. But when I think of heroes, I see people from all sorts of backgrounds and careers. I see many firemen, EMTs, policemen, members of the secret service, border patrol agents, FBI agents, CIA operatives, etc. as heroes.

For example, I see the Minutemen as heroes; not vigilantes (as the Commander-in-Chief suggests). I see the two border patrol agents (Ramos and Compean) who were wrongfully imprisioned as heroes. I see the people who fought the terrorists on Flight 93 as heroes.

It is important to know the threat illegal immigration poses, and that it pays its toll in both blood and treasure. It will pay an even greater toll if we don't get it under control right away. What I mean by that is if the borders remain open for much longer, the terrorists could easily cross them and do their dirty work on our soil, just as they did on 9/11. We can't afford to let that happen.

Thousands of heroes, both at home and abroad, are doing everything in their power to ensure border security and suppress the enemies of America. What we must do is support them and do our part to secure the homeland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 02:48 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,171,437 times
How many illegal drugs are being transported across our borders?
How many terrorists are crossing into our country to get fake documentation (if they dont already have it) and then be trained, or to observe potential targets to be attacked. Example--some of the 9/11 attackers had been in this country for years and took flight training at some of our own airports. Didn't care about learning how to land a plane. Wasn't that a red flag?
I saw a documentary on TV where there is a border crossing from Canada into the U.S. that goes by the honor system. It is unguarded and a person is supposed to sign in and give the required info in a book in a little shack type building. How easy would it be for a terrorist to enter Canada and then the U.S. through that checkpoint?
What a crock.
There are many radicals in this world that want to harm us.
Our government needs to step up and do something and quit ***** footing around.
We need to take care of us.
I feel there are some legitimate people who want to come to this country to find a better life and could contribute to society.
But we can't just pretend we are trying to control the borders and then prosecute border guards for doing their jobs. That was totaly outragious. We need to take steps to protect ourselves instead of hoping it all comes out alright.
Our current leaders seem to want to make the whole world democratic but I think they should put more energy into seeing that this country is safe from any sadistic, radical group or individual that wants to destroy our way of living by infiltrating our land and causing harm.
This country is supposed to be the melting pot for all who wish to enter and contribute.
Guess what folks. If we don't wake up and do something, the pot is going to melt in a way it wasn't intended.
Is it all a political correctness thing?
As far as I'm concerned political correctness is the government trying to force the population into thinking, saying, feeling, what the government wants them to think, feel, and say.
Kind of what Hitler wanted to do.
I think, feel, and say what I want. I respect those that deserve respect. I don't stereotype any group, race, or religion. There is good and bad in all groups. But no one is going to make me a political correct person just because it's the so called way to be.
I care about America, not this nicey, nicey, political correctness BS.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:05 AM

261 posts, read 621,713 times
Thumbs up The Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
keepthefaith???? That is my opinion of you. As a veteran of WW2 and KOREA, I put my life on the line for people like you who do not have any feelings for our FLAG. On other land, walking onto the base and seeing your FLAG on the FLAG POLE gives a tingle to the heart. Did you ever have a mortor explode 30 ft from you and lived to talk about it? I DID and NOBODY will take down the US FLAG in my presense without a BIG FIGHT!!!! A PROUD VETERAN. Steve
Steve,

I'm putting you in time out. I put my life on the line for people like you. I'm also a veteran, so put that card back in your pocket sir. I call your bluff and raise you one. What else you got and who else is in?

I offer solutions (serve in the USO), not silly rants based on xenophobia. What's being promoted here is not patriotism, it's veiled hate and akin to militia talk. Steve, you know better than to promote this stuff as a veteran. If you were in uniform and did that, guess what would happen? Right, you'd be in Leavenworth. I appreciate your service, but this is not 1943 (it may be in your head, but it's not--there's medication for that too) and you don't have to hate other people. Believe it or not, you can actually serve and not hate people. I did.

You're the same silly people with all of the bumper stickers on your cars. You don't actually do anything, just talk about everything on the internet. But, it's not your fault. You just fell for the diversion that was made to get your mind off of more important topics that have a bigger impact on America.

As for you tough talking internet gangsters, save it. If you want to be tough, join the military and go to Iraq and fight. We can put you on the front line. I will warn you, we need more bodies. I was called up for the War on Terror, it's rough out there. Yeah, I actually did something that actually MEANS something for this country... besides type what I would do to Mexican citizens.

I would rather have a country full of Mexican immigrants that actually work AND do something than the majority of you that sit around, typing manifestos on City-Data and doing...absolutely.....nothing ....of....value. For yourselves, your community, or this great country. At least immigrants work hard.
They probably do more for the country than the lot of you talkers (Kele etc.)

Now Steve, I have to go and pay for your pension and the electricity for your manifestos. If you really want to help, go and serve at the VA. We have vets that are experiencing PTSD. You would be of more benefit out there than here with your experience. Or go to the gulf and help AMERICANS still suffering from the aftermath of Katrina. We need help rebuilding the levies there.

Something...anything..... but wasting your life like this people. I challenge each of you with a negative response to my first post to get up and do something for this country that we love...besides your usual talk.

Thanks for the infraction. It was worth it.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:19 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthefaith View Post
Steve,

I'm putting you in time out. I put my life on the line for people like you. I'm also a veteran, so put that card back in your pocket sir. I call your bluff and raise you one. What else you got and who else is in?

I offer solutions (serve in the USO), not silly rants based on xenophobia. What's being promoted here is not patriotism, it's veiled hate and akin to militia talk. Steve, you know better than to promote this stuff as a veteran. If you were in uniform and did that, guess what would happen? Right, you'd be in Leavenworth. I appreciate your service, but this is not 1943 (it may be in your head, but it's not--there's medication for that too) and you don't have to hate other people. Believe it or not, you can actually serve and not hate people. I did.

You're the same silly people with all of the bumper stickers on your cars. You don't actually do anything, just talk about everything on the internet. But, it's not your fault. You just fell for the diversion that was made to get your mind off of more important topics that have a bigger impact on America.

As for you tough talking internet gangsters, save it. If you want to be tough, join the military and go to Iraq and fight. We can put you on the front line. I will warn you, we need more bodies. I was called up for the War on Terror, it's rough out there. Yeah, I actually did something that actually MEANS something for this country... besides type what I would do to Mexican citizens.

I would rather have a country full of Mexican immigrants that actually work AND do something than the majority of you that sit around, typing manifestos on City-Data and doing...absolutely.....nothing ....of....value. For yourselves, your community, or this great country. At least immigrants work hard.

Now Steve, I have to go and pay for your pension and the electricity for your manifestos. If you really want to help, go and serve at the VA. We have vets that are experiencing PTSD. You would be of more benefit out there than here with your experience. Or go to the gulf and help AMERICANS still suffering from the aftermath of Katrina. We need help rebuilding the levies there.

Something...anything..... but wasting your life like this people. I challenge each of you with a negative response to my first post to get up and do something for this country that we love...besides your usual talk.

This country is not perfect; I will give you that.

That stated: part of why many immigrants seem to work harder is because they realize how bad things are in their home countries.

Legal immigrants I am OK with: the illegals of any race/ethnicity need to leave post haste and have their illegally acquired assets seized on their way out.

Besides: if you are so unhappy with the USA, you are free to leave.......no one is holding a gun to your head a la Eastern Europe pre 1989.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:04 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthefaith View Post
Steve,

Excuse me?

You don't know me. You have no idea what I do and for you to "suppose" that I do nothing but sit around and play keyboard commando all day long to the exclusion of anything else tells me that you simply enjoy stereotyping those who do not agree with your point of view.

I ran a food pantry and clothes closet for the poor and homeless for years in Texas. I spent every holiday for fifteen years serving those who had nothing at the homeless shelters in Dallas.

When I moved to California, I started a movement within my neighborhood to collect clothing, furniture, household items, and food for those who were struggling. In four years, we donated nearly $125,000 worth of goods to organizatiions who then gave them to those who would have otherwise gone without.

I'm working now with several of my fellow students to collect food goods to be given to the local soup kitchen here. My heart is with the homeless and those who are without. I've been there and I know what a struggle it is to make something out of nothing.

In the future, it would behoove you well to remember what they say about ASSUMING anything.

You don't know me and you don't know anyone else on this board. Assuming that we do nothing but play on the computer all day long makes you no better than the kind of people you proclaim the rest of us to be.

BTW, my father served in WWII and Korea and suffered the consequences of his injuries until the day he died in 2005. One of my sisters is a Navy veteran and another, an Air Force veteran, who died from injuries sustained during a rescue of her fellow soldiers from a helicopter crash. Don't presume to tell me that there have been no sacrifices for my country on my part or on the part of my family.

Last edited by Kele; 02-16-2008 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: typo correction

Old 01-25-2009, 11:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,379 times
its funny that illegal immigrants can come into this country, protest on our soil, accuse the americans of being illegal when we came over here from a land far away and stealing the land for our selves at a time when this country wasn't even established yet. there were no immigration laws and there was no titles for any land but the laws do exist today and flying a putrid red green and white flag over a u.s. goverment building is undignifing at best. just keep that flag as far south as you can get it.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:12 AM

149 posts, read 467,617 times
Thumbs up Indiana Sets the Right Example with Senate Bill 335

Well, you cannot fault yourself for doing all that is within your scope of ability. No one can.

General Patton said it best: You cannot expect a troop to do more than he is capable. Well, the same holds true for the civilian world as well.

General Patton's quote is quite appropriate in this context... considering the fact that there is a bitter culture war brewing in America, right now as we speak (and the arrogance of bitterly malevolent foreigners - esp. the illegals - only adds fuel to the fire).

And what did we Americans do to bring about such malevolent discontent? Nothing.

We have been absolutely kind and generous to them (perhaps far more than we should have, in light of their nasty attitudes).

Not all are like that, I must note... but there are certainly enough angry foreigners (esp. illegals) for any reasonable person to be uncomfortable (and justifiably concerned). And contrary to seemingly-popular belief, the response to such bitter sentiments toward Americans has - by and large - been nothing but peaceful. Perhaps angry and resentful, and rightfully so. But 95% of the responses by Americans (most notably white Americans) are completely without violence, or threats of physical harm to the malcontents.

Unfortunately, there's no getting through to the angry foreigners who have no respect for American culture, values or the English language... No, these bitter malcontents made up their minds about America being a "racist, hateful country towards Mexicans" long before they came here to inject their poisonous sentiments and beliefs into American society.

I've lived in California for 23 years (all my life), but not long after I graduate college here, I'm moving to Indiana. Why? Well, a lot of reasons... but here's one BIG one:

State Senate Approves Immigration Bill - Newsroom - Inside INdiana Business with Gerry Dick

(Indiana Senate Bill 335)

This bill - the first of its kind in the State of Indiana - passed by a vote of 37-11. Sadly, this is something that would never happen in my beloved home state of California. And I am sad for the good Californians, who do all they can to maintain the American soverignty of California, and debunk the very pervasive (and terrible) stereotype that "all white people are racist toward Mexicans."

Well, I've had enough of this garbage! I'm moving to a place where Americana actually still exists (and is honored), and where the people will not let anyone - legal or illegal - steal it from them, regardless of race or nationality. All Americans deserve the right to enjoy American culture, traditions and heritage - so long as they are law-abiding citizens (i.e. NOT illegal aliens, among many others).

California may be willing to give up its Americana, but Indiana never will (as I'm sure is the case with most Midwestern states). Besides... there's no longer such a thing as a 'reasonable cost of living' in California, whereas in the Midwest, everything is cheaper.

And just for kicks, here are the main benefits of Indiana Senate Bill 335:

• Orders the job termination of unauthorized aliens employed by the employer

• Places the employer on probation for a three (3) year period if caught with unauthorized alien employees

• Requires the employer to file quarterly reports to the State

• Suspends the license of the employer to do business in Indiana for up to 10 days

• Permanently revokes the employer’s license to do business in Indiana if said employer has committed a third hiring infraction within a 10 year period of his/her initial violation

• Gives trained state law enforcement individuals immigration authority

• Makes it a misdemeanor to knowingly transport, or harbor undocumented individuals for purposes of commercial advantage or private financial gain, (with some exemptions, such as religious and healthcare organizations and spouses), with more serious penalties if transporting more than five people or for 2nd offenses

• Limits restrictions on information sharing regarding a person's immigration status between government agencies

Indiana, here I come!

Old 01-26-2009, 05:22 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
I for one am not budging! This is exactly what some of the pro-illegal alien groups want Americans to do and that's leave areas like CA. Not happening.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:33 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I for one am not budging! This is exactly what some of the pro-illegal alien groups want Americans to do and that's leave areas like CA. Not happening.
There are quite a few former Californians living here in Arizona biding their time before the American reconquista of the former, it is coming and if I were an illegal alien-----------I would be fixin' to bug out right about now.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:42 AM

638 posts, read 1,848,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
Oh.. they get it.. they just love to downplay the seriousness of how bad the illegals are abusing our country and bleeding us Americans.. They get it, They try to distract everyone from the big picture by what's politically correct, but not what's really correct. What's really correct is.. when sneaking over the border is a crime.. and what's really correct is, we Americans are paying for thier crime by the way of tax dollars, lives, and our American social values!
Yup!

Like many, the so-called "immigration" marches raised my awareness, but incidents like this thread is where people make a choice, either to bury their head in the sand with polical correctness and call them fringe elements, or see the tip of the iceberg of an organized and well financed intent to overthrow this country. They are not immigrants.

They openly declared war on us. It wasn't just a breach of our borders. And that's not shooting themselves in the foot as the propaganda campaign would have us believe. It is a clear threat, an intent. And those protecting them, are not only guilty of aiding and abetting, but of treason, as defined by law. There is no grey area.

It's unfortunate the sane in this country are apparently outnumbered 10,000 to 1, because there are so many, including politicians, who should hanged on the White House lawn, guilty of this charge, that I don't know if there's enough rope.

Constitution Article III Section 3
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

USC Title 18 Part I Chapter 115 § 2381
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Last edited by r601020; 01-26-2009 at 09:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration