Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 03:57 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,862,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed and how. Too; many people 50 on up are also having a bad time of it finding work.
Oh, i totally agree with you. I only said that because the discussion was veering towards how young people don't want to "get their hands dirty" which is total BS. Besides, it doesn't even matter that they might not WANT to get their hands dirty, because reality hits hard for most of us and many HAVE to get their hands dirty, and they will and do, but when those options are eliminated, wtf happens to them? Those hands get even DIRTIER via crime. People NEED to work and realize that. Saying that people are thumbing their noses at blue collar work is seriously disingenuous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 04:00 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,862,561 times
And lol @ the person bringing up political parties and their stances on this issue. Yeah. well. NEWSFLASH, neither of the major parties have our best interest in mind. Why would they? Republicans, Democrats... scum. We are human beings, not party bats.

Old 01-03-2016, 04:22 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,932,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
DUDE .. Its the Conservative (sic) Right /wing nuts that want and allow more illegals.. Its cheap labor for their businesses.. Obama had deported more illegals in 6.5 years the GW Bush The WAR GOD deported in 8 years .. Turn Off Faux News buddy.. as for ACA AGAIN learn to read.. and TURNOFF FAUX News! I went back and read a bunch of your previous post... you definitely need to chill and TURN OFF FAUX NEWS and Read something beside KKK Blogs ..
America is expelling illegal immigrants at nine times the rate of 20 years ago; nearly 2m so far under Barack Obama, easily outpacing any previous president.

In April, the Los Angeles Times wrote:

A closer examination shows that immigrants living illegally in most of the continental U.S. are less likely to be deported today than before Obama came to office, according to immigration data. Expulsions of people who are settled and working in the United States have fallen steadily since his first year in office, and are down more than 40% since 2009.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...on-statistics/

Uh; when the "lib" Wash Post speaks out AGAINST Obama, that's pretty damn bad.

Old 01-03-2016, 04:56 PM

63,065 posts, read 29,263,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
DUDE .. Its the Conservative (sic) Right /wing nuts that want and allow more illegals.. Its cheap labor for their businesses.. Obama had deported more illegals in 6.5 years the GW Bush The WAR GOD deported in 8 years .. Turn Off Faux News buddy.. as for ACA AGAIN learn to read.. and TURNOFF FAUX News! I went back and read a bunch of your previous post... you definitely need to chill and TURN OFF FAUX NEWS and Read something beside KKK Blogs ..

Wrong! People affiliated with both parties hire illegal aliens. Right wing nuts? My what a civil remark.
No, Obama has only deported the convicted criminal type of illegal alien. He has given a stay of deportation to all others. His deportation record is dismal. Faux News? Most conservatives have brains enough to research this issue on their own and it's Fox News not Faux. Oh, here we go with the white supremist card also. You're really on a roll, aren't you? Typical of the pro-illegals.

Old 01-03-2016, 05:23 PM

22,511 posts, read 12,057,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wrong! People affiliated with both parties hire illegal aliens. Right wing nuts? My what a civil remark.
No, Obama has only deported the convicted criminal type of illegal alien. He has given a stay of deportation to all others. His deportation record is dismal. Faux News? Most conservatives have brains enough to research this issue on their own and it's Fox News not Faux. Oh, here we go with the white supremist card also. You're really on a roll, aren't you? Typical of the pro-illegals.
I agree 100%^

Obama has admitted to cooking the books when it comes to those deportation figures. So has Jeh Johnson. Besides, even if he was deporting so many illegals, he went and undid it all by dictating amnesty and work permits for so-called DREAMers. He also has turned a blind eye to sanctuary jurisdictions while suing states like AZ who passed anti-illegal immigration laws that mirrored federal laws.

And, yes, plenty of elitist limousine liberals hire illegals. For example, my brother and his son have a tree trimming business. They live in an area with lots of affluent limousine liberals. Much of my brother's business comes from these elitists who hired illegals first only to find that cheap labor isn't so cheap after all. After illegals botched the job, they would call my brother and pay him to fix the mess.

Old 01-03-2016, 05:29 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,391,185 times
Quote:
America is expelling illegal immigrants at nine times the rate of 20 years ago; nearly 2m so far under Barack Obama, easily outpacing any previous president.

In April, the Los Angeles Times wrote:

A closer examination shows that immigrants living illegally in most of the continental U.S. are less likely to be deported today than before Obama came to office, according to immigration data. Expulsions of people who are settled and working in the United States have fallen steadily since his first year in office, and are down more than 40% since 2009.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...on-statistics/

Uh; when the "lib" Wash Post speaks out AGAINST Obama, that's pretty damn bad.
Do you bother to read what you cite?

WaPo opinion piece in fact supports Obama's numbers. Suggest he is a rather heavy at removing aliens.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:06 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,932,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Do you bother to read what you cite?

WaPo opinion piece in fact supports Obama's numbers. Suggest he is a rather heavy at removing aliens.
But the portrait of a steadily increasing number of deportations rests on statistics that conceal almost as much as they disclose. A closer examination shows that immigrants living illegally in most of the continental U.S. are less likely to be deported today than before Obama came to office, according to immigration data.

High deportation figures are misleading - LA Times

That link from the wash Post story. I stand by Obama NOT deporting as many as Bush 43.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:45 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,391,185 times
Quote:
But the portrait of a steadily increasing number of deportations rests on statistics that conceal almost as much as they disclose. A closer examination shows that immigrants living illegally in most of the continental U.S. are less likely to be deported today than before Obama came to office, according to immigration data.

High deportation figures are misleading - LA Times

That link from the wash Post story. I stand by Obama NOT deporting as many as Bush 43.
Read the cited article. It makes it clear that "deported" has no meaning.

It also makes it clear Obama removed more people from the US than Bush no matter how you count it.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:04 PM

7,191 posts, read 4,780,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
About five years ago I needed a new roof. It was over $10K. I put it out for bid; I did want my money to go back into our community. Me and my wife decided to go with a new firm that had just moved into our area. I had asked the owner specifically if they used local workers and he answered yes. When they showed up only the foreman of the team of eight spoke English. They did do good work and were very fast - they did not even take breaks or lunch (which I don't necessarily think is a good work practice since I was a union member).

I cannot say for sure they were illegals - I don't know? But I do know that our $10K did not go to the people I thought would receive those funds - it could have gone to immigrants that shipped our money back to their country to help bring in more and take more American jobs?

Of course many of our 'local' companies have gone out of business trying to compete with companies that have an unfair advantage. If the owners and workers of the used-to-be companies do not get other employment; then that tax burden is passed on to the other companies/business that are left. Don't forget, that if you are using illegal immigrants, that there is a good chance that you are also not reporting everything - you already broke our law.

So, basically, your friend prospered because he broke our laws and did not compete fairly against his competition. He also increased your tax burden if you do play by the rules.
Something similar happened to me on two different occasions. You hire somebody who is licensed, bonded, insured and then they show up with non-English speakers who have unsafe equipment/practices and their American boss doesn't give a rat's ass. I kicked them out of my house. I'm not going to get sued because of some greedy jerk. Capitalism is good but it has to be checked to avoid situations like this

Old 01-04-2016, 01:20 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,521,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowtreatments View Post
As far as I know he only pays them cash under the table.
There ya go. This right here is a huge part of the problem. It's not an issue of legal American workers not wanting to get their hands dirty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration