Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 09:36 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,736,313 times

Advertisements

Let's take this a step further and require all local law enforcement agencies to check the immigration status on individuals who present suspect documents. This is pretty normal for police in European countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 05:15 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,257,603 times
RIGHT TO BE HERE
In all the warm and fuzzy arguments expressed by supporters of “undocumented immigrants,” there is something rarely touched upon:
▸ Americans have the RIGHT to be here.
▸ Invaders have no RIGHT to be here.
▸ They are TRESPASSERS.
If you will indulge me, here is an analogy:

You have a house and land, posted : “Private property, no trespassing.” You come to find burglars living in your house, and abusing it. They’ve eaten all your stored food. They’ve sent their children to your public schools at your expense. They even get medical care at your expense. They don’t speak your language, don’t know your customs, nor respect your property rights. And they exclude you from using your house and property that you paid for!

Do you shrug and say, “WELCOME!”
Or do you do something that deters them - perhaps permanently?

For if they are not deterred, what will stop others from mimicking them?
And when you, your children and your neighbors become strangers in your own land, then what?

BioWar is simple. They intend that their descendants inherit YOUR lands and country.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:35 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,359,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Let's take this a step further and require all local law enforcement agencies to check the immigration status on individuals who present suspect documents. This is pretty normal for police in European countries.
I've been asked for my papers before in Europe...even in countries where I had a passport (I have several)...due to my accent.

I was raised speaking multiple languages but I still have a slight accent in all of them, and my vocabulary struck natives as a little strange since I didn't know any slang at all. So I stuck out a little.

"Papers, please."

No problem. Here ya go.

I wasn't scared or offended by it. How were they to know that I had a Polish or German passport?

Old 12-02-2016, 08:39 AM

29,616 posts, read 14,763,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
Now that Mr. Trump is in position, the Sanctuary Cities in the U.S. will lose funding and will no longer be sanctuaries for the illegal aliens. They will be forced to cooperate with ICE, and the illegals may actually start to fear ICE now, since the Federal Law might actually be enforced!

Great news !

Old 12-02-2016, 12:47 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,517,629 times
Illegal immigration has brought down the quality of life in many neighborhoods in Los Angeles and other cities.

The clueless Mayors of these sanctuary cities just don't get it.

Willing to sacrifice funding for legal taxpayers all so illegals can stay! It's sick really..

Old 12-02-2016, 07:11 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,898,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Illegal immigration has brought down the quality of life in many neighborhoods in Los Angeles and other cities.

The clueless Mayors of these sanctuary cities just don't get it.

Willing to sacrifice funding for legal taxpayers all so illegals can stay! It's sick really..
Defund and have the Feds take over Cities!

Old 12-02-2016, 08:13 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,936,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Defund and have the Feds take over Cities!
Agreed tho would you want to try to control Chicago, NYC, SF and so on? That would require LOTS of National Guard and probably martial law which WOULD be a big can of worms.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed tho would you want to try to control Chicago, NYC, SF and so on? That would require LOTS of National Guard and probably martial law which WOULD be a big can of worms.
Maybe bring some service people stationed abroad home to service in the war zones of America

Old 12-02-2016, 10:23 PM

6,245 posts, read 3,626,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Maybe bring some service people stationed abroad home to service in the war zones of America
Unconstitutional and third world. Military personnel cannot police civilians. The Founders developed a bad taste for it after that whole British troops inviting themselves into colonists' homes thing.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Unconstitutional and third world. Military personnel cannot police civilians. The Founders developed a bad taste for it after that whole British troops inviting themselves into colonists' homes thing.
I wouldn't call most of these creatures 'civilians'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration