Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 07:23 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,907,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
It is? Because you said so, or do you have any facts and figures?

Interesting. Can you you cite some evidence to support these anecdotal assertions?

Wow. you really hate the poor, it seems. Are your sure that "layabouts" all have 45-inch TVs and are capable of working in the fields, as you claim to?

Sounds a lot like plantation days to me. Is that part of the MAGA dream?
Can you cite facts and statistics showing that they are not capable of working the fields??
By the way, why do you passionately love illegal immigration?? Just curious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 04:06 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Who is going to actually work for free in the fields so that we don't pay market price for food?
Not that old ridiculous canard, again.

Interesting infograph on where illegals work, broken down by industry:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...migrants-work/

That's why working class America elected Trump. Illegals are taking their jobs and depressing their wages.

Deport all illegals.

Old 11-18-2016, 04:21 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,825 times
If NAFTA is in fact renegotiated, I am hoping many will self-deport. Mexico harmed it's own citizens.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:43 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,168,684 times
I doubt Trump could put a stop to illegal immigration. The reason I say this is because no fence or wall will hold them back. They will likely continue jumping or breaking through like they always have.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:50 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
I doubt Trump could put a stop to illegal immigration. The reason I say this is because no fence or wall will hold them back. They will likely continue jumping or breaking through like they always have.

Really?

Where U.S.-Mexico border fence is tall, it works

San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control : NPR

Also, did you miss the part of my post about removing all of the incentives for them to come here? 40% of illegals are visa over stayers we can implement a better tracking system for them to.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:21 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,168,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Really?

Where U.S.-Mexico border fence is tall, it works

San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control : NPR

Also, did you miss the part of my post about removing all of the incentives for them to come here?
Yes, I did read it. The thing is also Texas borders are much different than that of California, Arizona and New Mexico. Illegals can swim and hide along the vegetation better since half of the Texas border is lush year round in which makes patrolling along the lower Rio Grande river a difficult task. As for cutting off benefits and ending sanctuary cities (in which I'm excited about) will slow illegal immigration, but will not become 100% effective.

Last edited by JoninATX; 11-19-2016 at 09:43 PM..

Old 11-19-2016, 09:24 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
A good start is to get rid of the sanctuary cities and the illegal aliens who are criminals and build the wall so they cannot get back in to continue their crime sprees.

I used to work in an area that had a large Brazilian community and most were good hard working people that followed the laws, some were illegal but which ones? What I saw on this island was a microcosm of what is happening across America.
I knew one Brazilian guy who had his own painting business, he immigrated to America and even became a proud US citizen.
The recession hit his business hard plus his own illegal countrymen who undercut his business and eventually he lost his house and had to move back to Brazil.

Another thing that was not good about the legal and illegal population was most of the money they made was sent back home and very little went back into the community around them. They all had plans to go home and live large.

It was and is crazy.
Lets hope Trump can get a handle on the illegal immigration problem.
You guys are so funny about building a wall. First of all, Mexico is not going to pay for it. And I don't want my tax dollars going to it either. Trumps mass deportation would cost billions. Who do you think is going to pay for that. If you want to fine, I don't.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You guys are so funny about building a wall. First of all, Mexico is not going to pay for it. And I don't want my tax dollars going to it either. Trumps mass deportation would cost billions. Who do you think is going to pay for that. If you want to fine, I don't.
No, we will ALL pay for it..... Because that is what countries do.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Drones have changed everything.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:47 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
No, we will ALL pay for it..... Because that is what countries do.
Sorry, a wall won't do anything. It's a waste of tax payers money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration