Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 08:50 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,906,574 times

Advertisements

We would like to allow for exceptions.....the few real hardship cases. However, we can't do that. Because the side which is pushing for illegal immigration (or at the very least defending it) is not operating from good faith. What they want is just the slightest opening ("we'll allow for exception x, or we will consider factor y"). And if given that opening, they will bust it wide open. They have shown this time and time and time and time again, on a multitude of issues. They will NEVER be satisfied with a limited exception to deportation. They want it all, and can't be believed when discussing the issue. They operate out of pretense and dishonesty. So---NO exceptions. All illegals out now.

(My wife is a LEGAL alien. And the major reason I say the above is that I value a little thing known as "the rule of law". Oh, and I'm a licensed clinical social worker.....).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
We would like to allow for exceptions.....the few real hardship cases. However, we can't do that. Because the side which is pushing for illegal immigration (or at the very least defending it) is not operating from good faith. What they want is just the slightest opening ("we'll allow for exception x, or we will consider factor y"). And if given that opening, they will bust it wide open. They have shown this time and time and time and time again, on a multitude of issues. They will NEVER be satisfied with a limited exception to deportation. They want it all, and can't be believed when discussing the issue. They operate out of pretense and dishonesty. So---NO exceptions. All illegals out now.

(My wife is a LEGAL alien. And the major reason I say the above is that I value a little thing known as "the rule of law". Oh, and I'm a licensed clinical social worker.....).
Looks like we will soon be shipping them home...

Old 11-17-2016, 12:03 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
While you are "deporting" the "Illegals" will you JAIL those who have kept employing them for 3 decades now?

Like Trump did with those Polish workers?

Somebody keeps hiring "Illegals" otherwise they wouldn't be here would they ?

Old 11-17-2016, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
While you are "deporting" the "Illegals" will you JAIL those who have kept employing them for 3 decades now?

Sure. I have zero problem with jailing employers who knowingly hire illegals.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:33 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post

Our government should absolutely jail and fine the greedy employers that hire illegal aliens. I don't know of a single anti-illegal immigration person that doesn't agree with that. No one drags illegal aliens over the border to work here and the only reason they get hired is because these greedy employers want to increase their profits. They are both equally guilty of breaking the law and both should be held accountable.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:09 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,239,538 times
A good start is to get rid of the sanctuary cities and the illegal aliens who are criminals and build the wall so they cannot get back in to continue their crime sprees.

I used to work in an area that had a large Brazilian community and most were good hard working people that followed the laws, some were illegal but which ones? What I saw on this island was a microcosm of what is happening across America.
I knew one Brazilian guy who had his own painting business, he immigrated to America and even became a proud US citizen.
The recession hit his business hard plus his own illegal countrymen who undercut his business and eventually he lost his house and had to move back to Brazil.

Another thing that was not good about the legal and illegal population was most of the money they made was sent back home and very little went back into the community around them. They all had plans to go home and live large.

It was and is crazy.
Lets hope Trump can get a handle on the illegal immigration problem.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:53 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Our government should absolutely jail and fine the greedy employers that hire illegal aliens. I don't know of a single anti-illegal immigration person that doesn't agree with that. No one drags illegal aliens over the border to work here and the only reason they get hired is because these greedy employers want to increase their profits. They are both equally guilty of breaking the law and both should be held accountable.
I agree with that, as well. But what happens when an employer hires an illegal who presents as legal with a forged or stolen ID and SS#? That's where the proposed solution of punishing the employer fails. Better to have the IRS flag clearly abused SS#s, make e-verify mandatory and hold the federal government responsible for any errors in the system, etc.

Anyone remember that Puerto Rico had to invalidate their birth certificates because of the overwhelming amount of identity theft and fraud committed against Puerto Ricans?

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...-85988872.html

Old 11-17-2016, 09:03 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,847 times
They all need to get the frig on the line like everyone else who doesn't try to circumvent the law.

My wife and her family went through heck to get her legally and jumping a wall or crossing a border illegally shouldn't automatically put you at the front of the line.

Its NOT okay to cut the line anywhere else in life but it is somehow okay to cut the line to become a citizen?

Try that in any other country and let me know how that goes.. heck, try that at a Black Friday sale at Walmart and see if you don't get thrown out on our butt...

But illegally trying to become a citizen is okay???

Seriously GTFO

Old 11-17-2016, 09:57 AM

Same here, my wife and I jumped through many hoops for her to be here legally.
I guess we were suckers to do so?

Old 11-17-2016, 10:10 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Simple to take care of.

Outside of WIC no public assistance to illegals and no support for anchor babies who don't have a legal parent here.

The immigration rules for being here includes that you must earn for years 125% over poverty line or better. If you can't produce that, then they have to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration