Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 05:03 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,449,928 times

Advertisements

Again there is no rational way to prevent illegals working. In the construction business the subs all will employ illegal aliens though most are legal. So you have to figure a way to tell...and the crews likely change day to day and only the foreman has an idea of who is and is not legal. And if you bust the subcontractor lhe vanishes immediately and a new one starts up in the morning.

And no we do not have laws that support the deportation of the illegal aliens. We have laws that support deporting 5% of the illegal aliens. That is it.

And no you cannot get a tight version of Everlify. There is no support for such a change in congress. It is doubtful that the Chamber of Commerce can be beaten on the issue.

So all the antis can do is hold the existing standoff which leaves us vulnerable to another surge if the economic conditions go the wrong way.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:05 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,149,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Again there is no rational way to prevent illegals working. In the construction business the subs all will employ illegal aliens though most are legal. So you have to figure a way to tell...and the crews likely change day to day and only the foreman has an idea of who is and is not legal. And if you bust the subcontractor lhe vanishes immediately and a new one starts up in the morning.

And no we do not have laws that support the deportation of the illegal aliens. We have laws that support deporting 5% of the illegal aliens. That is it.

And no you cannot get a tight version of Everlify. There is no support for such a change in congress. It is doubtful that the Chamber of Commerce can be beaten on the issue.

So all the antis can do is hold the existing standoff which leaves us vulnerable to another surge if the economic conditions go the wrong way.
Troll? Illegal? Illegal sympathizer? 68 IQ?

Or all Of the above

Old 12-14-2016, 05:14 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,449,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Troll? Illegal? Illegal sympathizer? 68 IQ?

Or all Of the above
As always the antis go to insults and name calling as they lose the argument.

When you have no facts all you got is insults.

And vastly smarter than no nothing police officers.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:35 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,454,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
That grass ain't gonna cut itself.

That being said, I don't know that the guys are illegal. I know the guy I dealt with isn't...but I've been paying the same $30 to have my grass cut, edged, weeded and bushes trimmed for nine years. Cash, of course.
Well that's just how it works, you know the guy you pay is an American and you don't care who he hires as long as the price is cheap.

That's the same as complaining about the lack of American jobs then we go to the store and buy foreign made stuff.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:36 PM

79,909 posts, read 44,410,036 times
Quote:
Yes several people have
No one has.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:39 PM

79,909 posts, read 44,410,036 times
Quote:

Wal Mart was fined for hiring a sub contractor that hired illegals.

Wal-Mart Settles Illegal Immigrant Case for $11M | Fox News

The contractor can be fined.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:41 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,569,357 times
Quote:
You obviously haven't been reading this thread. A multi pronged approach

2 million non Hispanic illegals....what's your point? Deport as contact is made
I did. I said I was concerned that your expansion of police powers was going to make for the abuse and infringing of American citizen's rights for the sake of this crusade. Since you're already a police officer I can see why you're not concerned about the Bill of Rights.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
As always the antis go to insults and name calling as they lose the argument.

When you have no facts all you got is insults.

And vastly smarter than no nothing police officers.
Actually you are the one spewing misinformation and the "we just can't do it" lie and the "there is no rational way to prevent illegals from working" and "we do not have laws that support the deportation of illegals"

You're a liberal. You don't get things done. You want the chaos. The billions in cost. The crime. The job loss. The clogged schools and roads.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No one has.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
I did. I said I was concerned that your expansion of police powers was going to make for the abuse and infringing of American citizen's rights for the sake of this crusade. Since you're already a police officer I can see why you're not concerned about the Bill of Rights.
You're talking about something you know nothing about.

No one's rights get violated. You're just grasping at straws
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration