Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 06:32 AM

63,009 posts, read 29,203,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Maybe, just maybe, I have a little less warmth in my heart when talking about employers intentionally hiring illegals because they can pay less, knowing that the folks they are hiring don't have a leg to stand on if they are paid less, or if they are not paid at all. When those employers are in their warm homes, stomachs fed, not worrying about their families starving, a nice bed to retire to at night. I guess I'm strange that way.

Not strange many people deal in emotions especially liberals, I don't though. No one can be exploited unless they allow themselves to be and most illegals coming here aren't starving it's just that they can make more money here than in their homelands. The unfortunate part is that they don't seem to care about their negative impact on the rest of us all they are doing is making the rich, richer. They know full well that coming here illegally and taking a job from an American which they aren't lawfully entitled to is wrong that's why I blame both them and their greedy employers equally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 09:12 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,140,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
NOT always true since many illegals are in construction and other skilled trades.

Too; there's NO reason an American has to fight for jobs here in the US with illegal aliens.
There are some skilled laborers that are illegal but the "main" segment and vast majority are cutting grass, washing dishes, picking fruit, being handy men, etc..

Old 12-16-2016, 09:24 AM

Taking over large commercial landscaping jobs certainly isn't a job that most Americans won't do for a fair wage. It's more than just cutting grass. Washing dishes are entry level jobs for our own American youth and unskilled. Only 2% of illegals are picking crops and for those jobs there are unlimited visas for legal workers. Illegals have also flooded the construction industry. They may start out as unskilled but many become skilled and they still work for less than the going wage which is why Americans lost their jobs to them.

These so-call handy men stand out in front of stores and solicit work illegally and again Americans are cut off from their jobs. It's all about the rich getting richer and illegal aliens are glad to accommodate them for their own selfish gain.

Old 12-16-2016, 01:35 PM

15,437 posts, read 25,840,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Maybe, just maybe, I have a little less warmth in my heart when talking about employers intentionally hiring illegals because they can pay less, knowing that the folks they are hiring don't have a leg to stand on if they are paid less, or if they are not paid at all. When those employers are in their warm homes, stomachs fed, not worrying about their families starving, a nice bed to retire to at night. I guess I'm strange that way.
That is not strange to me. The one that makes me the most angry is an illegal I met who worked faithfully, 7 days a week, cleaning a grocery store overnight. He hurt his back slightly and asked for one day off. They fired him on the spot and got someone else. I feel that that is almost slave labor. It's what got me to finally get upset about illegals and the companies that hire them.

Old 12-16-2016, 01:38 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,920,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
There are some skilled laborers that are illegal but the "main" segment and vast majority are cutting grass, washing dishes, picking fruit, being handy men, etc..
Their despicable illegal alien kind still NEED to be deported and, anybody who hides those people from LE also needs to be arrested and punished. Period.

Old 12-16-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
That is not strange to me. The one that makes me the most angry is an illegal I met who worked faithfully, 7 days a week, cleaning a grocery store overnight. He hurt his back slightly and asked for one day off. They fired him on the spot and got someone else. I feel that that is almost slave labor. It's what got me to finally get upset about illegals and the companies that hire them.

I fully agree about these greedy employers but again the illegals are just as guilty by coming here illegally, taking jobs they aren't entitled to and allowing themselves to be exploited. Many of them use fake or stolen SS numbers to work or work for cash evading taxes those are felonies and can put a world of hurt on the rightful owners of those SS numbers. I have no sympathy for law breakers.

Old 12-16-2016, 03:00 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,140,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Their despicable illegal alien kind still NEED to be deported and, anybody who hides those people from LE also needs to be arrested and punished. Period.
Packard, lets see what happens now that Republicans control the House or Representatives, Senate, White House and 2/3 state governments. If four years pass and these things are still a problem are you going to continue to vote Republican?

This is the best opportunity to fix this problem since Ronald Reagan granted amnesty...

Old 12-16-2016, 03:38 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,920,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Packard, lets see what happens now that Republicans control the House or Representatives, Senate, White House and 2/3 state governments. If four years pass and these things are still a problem are you going to continue to vote Republican?

This is the best opportunity to fix this problem since Ronald Reagan granted amnesty...
I hope you're right that the Repubs will take care of the problem. Otherwise; I don't know what's gonna happen.

Old 12-16-2016, 04:05 PM

4,259 posts, read 3,182,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I fully agree about these greedy employers but again the illegals are just as guilty by coming here illegally, taking jobs they aren't entitled to and allowing themselves to be exploited. Many of them use fake or stolen SS numbers to work or work for cash evading taxes those are felonies and can put a world of hurt on the rightful owners of those SS numbers. I have no sympathy for law breakers.
My son-in-law, who worked construction, was a victim! Talk about a nighmare, it took 2 years and thousands of dollars to get clear with the IRS. Send them back!

Old 12-16-2016, 05:15 PM

32,032 posts, read 36,829,063 times
A guy I know who is one of the most vocal critics of illegal immigrants I've ever met hires them in his business. He'd be up the creek without them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration