Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 11:59 AM

191 posts, read 344,594 times

Advertisements

Yes, the days of wine and roses are coming to an end, at least for some. No more polls, no more politics, no more trying to appease the bottom feeders, the backbone of the USA can't support any more. Fleecing is WAY overdue and this kid is so happy to see an administration which is taking the appropriate actions to take back our country.

I do believe that California's sorry leadership will continue to fight what's right and President Trump will in fact cut funding for many programs which will inevitably bankrupt the state and provide funding for the great wall.

As Jim said in his first post, "change is coming" and is only the beginning. Welfare and disability fraud is another problem this administration is poised to tackle. We all know at least one leach don't we? I've known several on disability over the years who work very hard around the house but can't get a job or lose that free taxpayer green. Probably some reading this right now who do the same thing.

I think it's going to be a profound "first 100 days" in office for the President and before his first term is over, it's again going to be "the land of the free" instead of "the land of the free stuff".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 12:02 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
OP...that is GREAT! Amazing how great a president Trump turned out to be.

How can the dems be so confused to think a criminal illegal alien is a legal immigrant? Get the illegal aliens, confiscate any property, cars and money they have and deport them. Use the money from confiscated property to build the wall. But before they are deported, put them to work for 6 months building the wall!

Rescue CA from the dems!
I think we should give a period of time to allow them to get their affairs in order and give them the option to self deport back to their home countries. I doubt the home countries want them back though...it'll be interesting.

Old 01-25-2017, 01:18 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DgoNative View Post
I completely agree that immigrants should be vetted before their admittance - but what exactly is extreme vetting? Are current vetting procedures inadequate seeing as we've had zero incidents due to a Syrian immigrant? And why should this "extreme vetting" and these curtailments be applied to all legal immigrants? Do people from Mexico, Singapore, or Mongolia pose the same supposed threat?

Additionally, are "safe zones" an alternative definition for internment camps?

They all follow the same religion and the extreme factor of it preaches violence so it doesn't matter which country they are from. How are we to know if they are the peaceful kind from that religion or the terrorist kind unless we use extreme vetting? Mexicans, etc. don't tend to be Muslims.

It has nothing to do with opposing legal immigration but the safety and security of our country and its citizens. Opposing illegal immigration does not make one anti-"immigrant" either.

Old 01-25-2017, 01:44 PM

1,184 posts, read 720,828 times
Great my president!!! 1000% support

Old 01-25-2017, 02:22 PM

179 posts, read 621,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They all follow the same religion and the extreme factor of it preaches violence so it doesn't matter which country they are from. How are we to know if they are the peaceful kind from that religion or the terrorist kind unless we use extreme vetting? Mexicans, etc. don't tend to be Muslims.

It has nothing to do with opposing legal immigration but the safety and security of our country and its citizens. Opposing illegal immigration does not make one anti-"immigrant" either.
Interesting concept - so, we are going to start categorizing and creating different standards for individuals because of their religion? This seems to be heading down a dangerously familiar road.

Old 01-25-2017, 02:57 PM

25,960 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Our mayor will be holding a press conference soon to denounce Trump and his plans, and he will say how strongly he will fight and stand up for the rights of all Californians whether they are here legally or not.
Technically, an illegal alien isn't a citizen of CA either. They are an illegal alien not a citizen of the US. I do not believe you can be a citizen of any state without being a citizen of the US.

Quote:
Thanks for the link, JM. You must understand why we must be vigilant about fact-checking nowadays, right? Seeing as this poll was conducted before Trump began his anti-immigrant rhetoric, how do you think the numbers would sway today?
Trump had no "anti-immigrant rhetoric". Numbers continued to grow once people were educated to the costs and crimes of illegal aliens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I don't believe that there is more support for illegals now, no. Why would there be?
"Anti-Immigrant rhetoric" is a mainstream media spin on things.
The guy is married to an immigrant.

Trump has always said we should allow legal immigration, but we need to enforce our laws and open borders is a recipe for disaster.
Those that were not brainwashed should have been aware of that.

Quote:
It seems pretty anti-immigrant to me, via New York Times: "Mr. Trump is also expected to target legal immigrants as early as this week, White House officials said, by halting a decades-old program that grants refuge to the world’s most vulnerable people as he begins the process of drastically curtailing it and enhancing screening procedures."

Does the mainstream media spin on the "anti-immigrant rhetoric" only apply to white, European immigrants?
I don't really consider these refugees equal to a legal immigrant. Legal immigration is more than picking up a group of people and bringing them here. Each one of those refugee cost the American taxpayer $65,000, so we need to have a say in that.

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wor...tegory/crimes/ We must stop the brainwashing by liberal media and get the facts out there for those with the ability to comprehend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
" He later said he wanted to impose “extreme vetting” of refugees from Syria and other countries where terrorism was rampant,"

Do you disagree that we should have extreme vetting for people coming in from Syria and other countries ?
Unfortunately many of these folks get brainwashed with certain views and sometimes it leads them to killing Americans.

Safety for our country and our citizens needs to be a priority. That's just me though.
He's also called for calling to build safe zones in other parts of the country for these Syrian refugees. .
The article I linked in seems to indicate that Trump knows what is and is not being done. To me, there is a difference between people who immigrant to the US legally, after tons of paperwork, money and years waiting versus grabbing a plane load of unknowns, bringing them here and putting them on the welfare teat!

Remember when Carson went to Syria and came back and said the people want a safe zone in their own country? That makes a lot of sense to me: Carson: 'The Syrians Want to Be in Syria' - Breitbart I don't really care who like or doesn't like the source either for those that want to moan about Breitbart. I don't care much for ignorance either but have to confront that again and again!

I watch our own homeless, people not getting the medical care they need, children needing breakfast and lunch at school, even during the summer months, families limiting themselves to 1 or 2 children because they can't afford more because they are supporting those on the welfare teat! Both legal and illegal aliens are attached to it too!!!

Quote:
I completely agree that immigrants should be vetted before their admittance - but what exactly is extreme vetting? Are current vetting procedures inadequate seeing as we've had zero incidents due to a Syrian immigrant? And why should this "extreme vetting" and these curtailments be applied to all legal immigrants? Do people from Mexico, Singapore, or Mongolia pose the same supposed threat?

Additionally, are "safe zones" an alternative definition for internment camps?
The Syrians, themselves, want the "safe zones" within their own countries. If you do just a tiny bite of research, you will find that was not the case for those in internment camps. Did they quit teaching World History in high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
OP...that is GREAT! Amazing how fantastic a President Trump turned out to be.

How can the dems be so confused to think a criminal illegal alien is a legal immigrant?

Get the illegal aliens, confiscate any property, cars and money they have and deport them. Use the money from confiscated property to build the wall. But before they are deported, put them to work for 6 months building the wall!

Rescue CA from the dems...Trump needs to make a hotline for reporting illegal aliens and their places of work. Send in immigration and get them the hell out of this country. Fine the companies massively and use the fines to build the wall.
I agree, put out the word that within 90 days, any illegal alien apprehended will have their property confiscated and this money will go toward the cost of enforcement and deportment!

When we start actually enforcing immigration law, maybe more people will call it in: https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...legal-activity I have heard that while Obama was "king", calls were ignored.

Quote:
Interesting concept - so, we are going to start categorizing and creating different standards for individuals because of their religion? This seems to be heading down a dangerously familiar road.
Not nearly as dangerous as denying the issue, plus these Syrians are not coming through the normal procedure for legal immigrants:

Islamic Attacks on America

Or go worldwide to see why people consider Islam a threat: List of Islamic Terror Attacks

You might like this source even: ISIS goes global: Mapping ISIS attacks around the world - CNN.com

"Cry me a river" over these refugees, America First!

Old 01-25-2017, 03:15 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:

Yes, we should since there is a violent factor of that religion and we have already had attacks on our soil by that violent factor. What's so hard to understand about that? What's so awful about vetting people of that religion so that we keep our country safe from violence? The danger would be in not doing that.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:21 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, we should since there is a violent factor of that religion and we have already had attacks on our soil by that violent factor. What's so hard to understand about that? What's so awful about vetting people of that religion so that we keep our country safe from violence? The danger would be in not doing that.
Yeah to me it seems like common sense .
we have no obligation to take in people from countries where it's common for them to have been brainwashed since they were born against western culture or Christianity .

I think a lot of liberals don't realize how many of these people have been raised . It's hard to just overcome that type of brainwashing . They think that all countries are like the US they aren't .

Old 01-25-2017, 04:09 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times
It is so refreshing to finally see some common sense coming out of the White House on this issue. It has been far, far too long.

Starting the Border Wall...

Ending catch-and-release...

Training local LE to deal with illegal immigrants...

Detention centers right on the border...

Defunding Sanctuary Cities....

Am I dreaming?

Old 01-25-2017, 04:26 PM

1,184 posts, read 720,828 times
Yes we do not need to issue student visas to Egyptians taking flight school...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration