Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 04:39 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Our mayor will be holding a press conference soon to denounce Trump and his plans, and he will say how strongly he will fight and stand up for the rights of all Californians whether they are here legally or not.
Will your mayor also say how he is going to replace the Federal Grants your City/State will not get?
Will your mayor explain about the "claw back" of previous funds that the Federal Government might want.

It's a LOT of Millions of Dollars - is the Mayor going to explain to the Citizen that THEY are now on the hook for that Money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 04:44 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times
Quote:
Our mayor will be holding a press conference soon to denounce Trump and his plans, and he will say how strongly he will fight and stand up for the rights of all Californians whether they are here legally or not.
Mr Garcetti NEEDS to be real careful if he want's to stay mayor or even out of jail. The people have spoken and, we're pissed.

Old 01-25-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DgoNative View Post
It seems pretty anti-immigrant to me, via New York Times: "Mr. Trump is also expected to target legal immigrants as early as this week, White House officials said, by halting a decades-old program that grants refuge to the world’s most vulnerable people as he begins the process of drastically curtailing it and enhancing screening procedures."

Does the mainstream media spin on the "anti-immigrant rhetoric" only apply to white, European immigrants?
It's def time to slow down even legal immigration; if a bunch of foreign "white" people are mad, I DON'T care. BTW: I'm "white". lol

Old 01-25-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DgoNative View Post
Interesting concept - so, we are going to start categorizing and creating different standards for individuals because of their religion? This seems to be heading down a dangerously familiar road.
Kinda like Jewish Israel how it deal with most Muslims? BTW: many Muslims were also "nazis" during WW 2.

Old 01-25-2017, 04:51 PM

17,340 posts, read 11,266,024 times
I've been waiting for this for 30 years. I need to go out and celebrate.

Old 01-25-2017, 04:58 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,446,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I've been waiting for this for 30 years. I need to go out and celebrate.
Too bad Trump steaks are not available anymore .

Would be a good day to enjoy a Trump steak with a nice bottle of wine from the Trump winery!

Old 01-25-2017, 05:17 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,501,453 times
Quote:
The press conference will absolutely nothing to do with citizens of Los Angeles and immigrants here legally. He has proven he is working harder for the illegals then the people who actually voted him in.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:19 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,446,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
The press conference will absolutely nothing to do with citizens of Los Angeles and immigrants here legally. He has proven he is working harder for the illegals then the people who actually voted him in.
Yes and I hope he continues to exercise his right to "speak out and act up " as he says .
The more he speaks out to protect illegals I think the more Angelenos will question his priorities .

In the Los Angeles forum for a long time I've been mentioned how awful Garcetti is . Many didn't want to hear it , but I noticed now more people have come around .

Old 01-25-2017, 05:39 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,234,397 times
Part of that article states:

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel said he was waiting to read Trump’s order. But the mayor was not ready to flinch.

“I want to be clear,” Emanuel said. “We’re going to stay a sanctuary city.”

The mayor, however, did not respond to questions from reporters about how Chicago would manage to weather a slashing of federal funding.

So this mayor is going to continue to harbor illegal aliens, disregard laws, and think they will be just fine when Trump pulls the plug on federal funding. To me this means he is supporting his illegal aliens more than his citizens, who are doing the paying of taxes to support his programs that support illegals.

What are these guys smoking??

Old 01-25-2017, 06:16 PM

1,184 posts, read 720,103 times
Chicago is so broke they can't even pay their teachers and have the highest sales tax rate. If fed funds are withheld and they want to increase taxes to make up for it the voters will vote out the liberal morons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration