Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 12:48 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,935,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek Our mayor will be holding a press conference soon to denounce Trump and his plans, and he will say how strongly he will fight and stand up for the rights of all Californians whether they are here legally or not.
I just don't understand people with your mindset. What could possibly be your rationale for wanting to protect people who are in this country illegally? What is the purpose? I suppose one could make a case on compassion alone, but even that doesn't hold up when taken with all the drawbacks of illegal immigration.

I don't get it...

I never will...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Part of that article states:

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel said he was waiting to read Trump’s order. But the mayor was not ready to flinch.

“I want to be clear,” Emanuel said. “We’re going to stay a sanctuary city.”

The mayor, however, did not respond to questions from reporters about how Chicago would manage to weather a slashing of federal funding.

So this mayor is going to continue to harbor illegal aliens, disregard laws, and think they will be just fine when Trump pulls the plug on federal funding. To me this means he is supporting his illegal aliens more than his citizens, who are doing the paying of taxes to support his programs that support illegals.

What are these guys smoking??
Amazing, isn't it? Crime rates in Chicago are spiking, hundreds of people shot and killed every year in the city, a police force under siege, but "remaining a sanctuary city" and fighting Trump on illegal immigration is at the top of Rahm's priority list....

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
Chicago is so broke they can't even pay their teachers and have the highest sales tax rate. If fed funds are withheld and they want to increase taxes to make up for it the voters will vote out the liberal morons

No they won't...

You're forgetting the fact that the voters themselves are liberal morons....

Last edited by Yac; 01-26-2017 at 04:25 AM.. Reason: 3 posts in a row merged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 01:00 AM

13,586 posts, read 15,775,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Mr Garcetti NEEDS to be real careful if he want's to stay mayor or even out of jail. The people have spoken and, we're pissed.
Well, not to get off topic, but Crookcetti has already been busted by the L.A. times for taking campaign contributions in excess of what's allowed by law, but at this time he's still in the Mayor's Mansion rather than a jail.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:05 AM

13,586 posts, read 15,775,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yes and I hope he continues to exercise his right to "speak out and act up " as he says .
The more he speaks out to protect illegals I think the more Angelenos will question his priorities .

In the Los Angeles forum for a long time I've been mentioned how awful Garcetti is . Many didn't want to hear it , but I noticed now more people have come around .
And it used to be that we couldn't bring illegal immigration into the discussion, but Crookcetti and the whole rotten stinkin' L.A. City Council have become so intertwined with the issue that it's not possible to have a genuine discussion about L.A. politics without bringing up the topic.

Old 01-26-2017, 02:26 AM

20,523 posts, read 15,959,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Amazing, isn't it? Crime rates in Chicago are spiking, hundreds of people shot and killed every year in the city, a police force under siege, but "remaining a sanctuary city" and fighting Trump on illegal immigration is at the top of Rahm's priority list....
i guess mostly "BLM" DON'T matter when the fool city leaders wanna protect illegal aliens.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:30 AM

17,420 posts, read 11,423,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
And it used to be that we couldn't bring illegal immigration into the discussion, but Crookcetti and the whole rotten stinkin' L.A. City Council have become so intertwined with the issue that it's not possible to have a genuine discussion about L.A. politics without bringing up the topic.
You and others do realize that without illegals numbering in the millions in Los Angeles and Los Angeles county, the place will have to change drastically to refill the population void? The middle class has left this area in droves and was replaced by illegals and anchor babies. This has been going on for over 30 years in large numbers. Those anchor babies make up the majority of voters now. Now illegals are the norm and pay city and state sales taxes when they buy anything. Los Angeles politicians are terrified that they will be out of jobs if this ever happened and the middle class returns.
There was a day a few years ago where illegals boycotted everything in Los Angeles. It was only one day. The result was that the freeways were no longer a traffic nightmare, crowds were gone at malls and supermarkets, and overall it was really, really nice. It was life like it used to be before we were invaded. I keep wishing they'll boycott everything again for a month this time.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:14 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,571,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
You and others do realize that without illegals numbering in the millions in Los Angeles and Los Angeles county, the place will have to change drastically to refill the population void? The middle class has left this area in droves and was replaced by illegals and anchor babies. This has been going on for over 30 years in large numbers. Those anchor babies make up the majority of voters now. Now illegals are the norm and pay city and state sales taxes when they buy anything. Los Angeles politicians are terrified that they will be out of jobs if this ever happened and the middle class returns.
There was a day a few years ago where illegals boycotted everything in Los Angeles. It was only one day. The result was that the freeways were no longer a traffic nightmare, crowds were gone at malls and supermarkets, and overall it was really, really nice. It was life like it used to be before we were invaded. I keep wishing they'll boycott everything again for a month this time.
I've heard the pro illegal crowd make this argument .
Mayor of L.A has been talking recently about how the illegals are an important part of our economy. If our economy can only operate with people here illegally that's pretty sad and it's a lie and fear mongering .
As you mentioned there are plenty of legal Americans from other places that would move here if a slot opened up . There is a housing shortage in Los Angeles and the Bay Area .

Areas currently occupied by illegals would be more desirable . Illegals of course are unlikely to get involved in local politics or raise issues to the city .
Perhaps one reason why politicians in Los Angeles and the other sanctuary cities might like them .

Old 01-26-2017, 07:29 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,761,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Our mayor will be holding a press conference soon to denounce Trump and his plans, and he will say how strongly he will fight and stand up for the rights of all Californians whether they are here legally or not.
If you are an illegal alien, you are not a Californian.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:58 AM

17,420 posts, read 11,423,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
If you are an illegal alien, you are not a Californian.
Yet they get instate tuition to universities while Americans from out of state have to pay the full price. Oh the irony when you screw Americans to please illegals.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:06 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,571,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Yet they get instate tuition to universities while Americans from out of state have to pay the full price. Oh the irony when you screw Americans to please illegals.
Great point and an issue that is rarely discussed . How many American kids didn't get into college because their spot was taken by an illegal ?
How is it right for illegals to pay in stats tuition while an American kid from out of state has to pay the same as a kid from Europe , Asia ,etc ?

What's wrong with this picture ?

Old 01-26-2017, 10:14 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,326,897 times
Here is an interesting link regarding "laws" California changed in 2014' and Obama put into place in 2015' regarding illegal's. Very interesting.

Anyone know what ID is required to vote in Calif.? Calif. 2014' law allowed illegals to obtain driver's licenses. If it is just a drivers license ID to vote....then I'm guessing many illegal's got to vote this year.

New laws in 2015 to benefit undocumented immigrants - The Orange County Register

Last edited by JanND; 01-26-2017 at 10:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration