Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 10:02 PM

32,184 posts, read 15,181,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
So wages have to go UP for those "low skill" jobs. Either that or WE have to do our own dirty work, it is what it is.

Too; US kids used to do that kind of work before illegal aliens were allowed to stay in the US.
LOL how many of our kids cleaned houses. The jobs are there if they want them. But they don't. And I never said anything about wages going up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 10:04 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,553,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Do you and your spouse want to clean floors and toilets. Do you want to work the fields at farms. No, you don't. Trump has done nothing with unions but have a meeting. So what. Of course they have to be hopeful. My husband's boss was there. And it may have been a different discussion behind closed doors when they left the white house. We don't really know do we.
Like I said before it's about options. If I had to do that work to eat and had no options, I'd do it.

Again, are there no legal people that do janitorial work or work in farming?Really?
Seems a little demeaning to say that we need to keep these people around just so they can clean our toilets...

Old 01-26-2017, 10:15 PM

32,184 posts, read 15,181,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Like I said before it's about options. If I had to do that work to eat and had no options, I'd do it.

Again, are there no legal people that do janitorial work or work in farming?Really?
Seems a little demeaning to say that we need to keep these people around just so they can clean our toilets...

Not being demeaning at all. My point is, you wouldn't do it. Why don't you listen to the people that employ immigrants for farming and other jobs. They just want workers and no americans wants to do that labor.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:34 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,590,900 times
When you think about it, Trump isn't going to have to do much to get rid of Sanctuary Cities. They will do it on their own in a short time. Once Trump starts to enforces the Laws on Immigration in the rest of the Country, The illegals will be running to these Cities and staying there. If they leave, they will have fear of being deported. These cities are going to get a whole lot of people moving there, to support. Add the lack of Federal Funds, and the Cities will never be able to maintain that Population. Give them the Muslims too, and in those numbers, they will start making their own Laws and setting up their own Neighborhoods. Think about it.

There will come a day when these Cities will Beg Trump to come get these Illegal Criminals.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:38 PM

Quote:
[/b]

Not being demeaning at all. My point is, you wouldn't do it. Why don't you listen to the people that employ immigrants for farming and other jobs. They just want workers and no americans wants to do that labor.
BS. All the people that hire Illegals want is "Cheap" Labor for a higher profit margin. These Illegals are also taking other Jobs from Americans that are not Agricultural, but are good jobs. If you have not seen this out in reality, then you must not work, or be aware of your surroundings. The "No Americans want those jobs" BS is getting old and we know its a lie.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:42 PM

Quote:
LOL how many of our kids cleaned houses. The jobs are there if they want them. But they don't. And I never said anything about wages going up.
Maybe your Kids are too good to work for a living, but many others do. Too many Kids today are being raised to do nothing or are Professional Students living in Moms Basement. They don't want to work, but don't mind going to a Protest for hours and hours looting and burning.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:26 PM

10,218 posts, read 7,641,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Los Angeles is likely the biggest sanctuary city in America .

Change is coming my friends.

Its all over the news today about the crackdown on sanctuary cities .
States and cities can't make up their own immigration laws .

Trump to take executive action on border, 'sanctuary cities'
Who are you saying are your friends? Muslim Americans? Women who have been molested? Hispanic Americans? Californians? Those in the entertainment industry? The journalists of America?

Have you questioned why Trump has put Rick Perry in charge of Energy, when his state hosted a sanctuary city under his watch? And his state gave in-state cheaper tuition rates to illegal immigrants who resided in his state of Texas, while Americans who resided in neighboring states had to pay the higher non-resident tuition?

Old 01-27-2017, 12:40 AM

1,059 posts, read 834,531 times
Quote:
Do you and your spouse want to clean floors and toilets. Do you want to work the fields at farms. No, you don't. Trump has done nothing with unions but have a meeting. So what. Of course they have to be hopeful. My husband's boss was there. And it may have been a different discussion behind closed doors when they left the white house. We don't really know do we.
I still wonder what we did before the illegal alien invasion. There was a bracero program for farm workers in California. Nowadays, however, less than 8% of illegals are doing farm work. The majority are working in construction, taking away jobs from American citizens. Fast food and restaurants, supermarket baggers, gardeners, etc. ? College kids and teen-agers, along with unskilled/lower skilled American citizens.

Jeez, we used to be called racists. Hasn't anyone noticed that American citizens are every nationality, race, religion, color (and too many to list here)? For once and for all, people who come into our country without going through the proper channels are here illegally. It puts a strain on our healthcare, job market, schools, colleges, prisons, law enforcement, social programs, and adding to over-population and dwindling resources. I will never understand the mindset of the pro-illegal crowd, UNLESS they are exploiting the illegals for their own use and purpose.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:14 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,734,713 times
America for Americans!

I didn't vote for Trump based on his temperament, but I'm so glad something is finally being done about illegal immigration.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:12 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,459,217 times
Miami's mayor just announced that his city is ending its sanctuary city policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration