Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2017, 05:36 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,290,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The pathway exists. Go back to country of origin and apply for a VISA. If you meet the criteria you will be allowed to enter the country legally. Just like asking for permission before entering someone elses home.
The crazy libs know this it's just that they know 99% of those people won't get back in. This is the dirty little secret they don't want to admit to so they want the magic wand of amnesty waved. Politicians want them because they will lifetime slaves and Democrats.

Libs, argue against this point: no country in the world wants a large influx of poor uneducated unskilled people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 05:51 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,924,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
The crazy libs know this it's just that they know 99% of those people won't get back in. This is the dirty little secret they don't want to admit to so they want the magic wand of amnesty waved. Politicians want them because they will lifetime slaves and Democrats.

Libs, argue against this point: no country in the world wants a large influx of poor uneducated unskilled people.
I'm starting to think the "true" liberals DON'T want troublemakers here, especially people who come here illegally.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:22 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,290,883 times
Quote:

Crickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'm starting to think the "true" liberals DON'T want troublemakers here, especially people who come here illegally.
I can believe that. Moderate and rational Democrats are silent now, they know the extremes/progressives will eat them up and spit them out. They will resort to cannibalism in the name of #theresistance.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:55 AM

50,432 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Quote:

This is exactly why they are pushing amnesty. Hardly any of these people would be able to come in except by lottery. Mexico and Guatemala sure don't want them. Especially when they will send back money.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:04 PM

3 posts, read 1,618 times
Max10
You are so very right.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:57 PM

13,327 posts, read 7,362,767 times
GOP and DEM want Amnesty one side wants new voters the other wants more illegals workers. Voters do not support illegal immigrant while some DEMS might think voters agree with their plans to give Amnesty to illegals they are wrong. Majority do not support that.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:42 PM

661 posts, read 883,538 times
I live in a small midwest town and the only people doing construction work, roofing, yard work, paint, etc. are hardworking undocumented immigrants.
After the Katrina Disaster, our city mayor brought several buses full of Katrina Refugees, and well....they just sat around. They did several job fairs, etc and none of them ever applied for them. Four months later they decided to leave our town, I think they went back to New Orleans.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:00 PM

22,488 posts, read 12,039,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarknation View Post
I live in a small midwest town and the only people doing construction work, roofing, yard work, paint, etc. are hardworking undocumented immigrants.
After the Katrina Disaster, our city mayor brought several buses full of Katrina Refugees, and well....they just sat around. They did several job fairs, etc and none of them ever applied for them. Four months later they decided to leave our town, I think they went back to New Orleans.
"Undocumented immigrants" is a euphemism for illegal aliens.

Sure, illegals got hired. Employers want cheap, exploitable, illegal labor. Not only don't they want to pay them a decent wage, they also don't want to provide safe working conditions. Plus, the employers break the law by engaging in tax evasion when they pay them under the table. Americans who do the same work as the illegals are the ones being hurt and losing their livelihoods.

Old 05-21-2017, 12:14 AM

13,327 posts, read 7,362,767 times
Quote:
If contractors paid a decent wage like they used to for union workers in the trade they would get American's to do it. Unions had apprentice programs to train younger generation for high paid jobs but contractors want to hire illegal labor so they can pay low wages and get high profits in return. Now they can't find anyone to do those jobs at $10 an hour.

I don't know anything about people displaced by Katrina maybe they lived off welfare before or they got so much money from the FIMA they didn't have to work not sure.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:16 AM

25,994 posts, read 22,181,380 times
Quote:
Again, illegal aliens and many were probably documented having stolen the identities of citizens. They have NO RIGHT TO WORK in the USA. NONE. At the moment they took the job, they started piling on additional crimes.

Also, I was in SE AL during Katrina. Those people I met that were not bused in but trying to avoid the storm on wheels, were just horrified. Many lost everything they had. I would suspect that the "Katrina Refugees" were focused on returning to their home not finding a job that no one else wanted in your area, I can see how that would be a disappointment.

It is unfortunate that those that live in your town aren't wanting to do hard work and have to depend on illegal aliens. Time to roll up your sleeves and become law-abiding citizens by not hiring these illegal aliens. Are you not able to keep young people in your area? Know that these 3rd world illegal aliens will have more of your residents migrating out of the area.

Really, being critical of citizens that lost everything and weren't looking for jobs while waiting to go home while defending people who have broken our immigration laws, both the employer and the illegals they hired...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration