Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 06:07 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,667,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnherrera305 View Post
Because Cuba was founded with a common history. Spaniards who came over, killed, raped and enslaved the native poplution. Also, the Spaniards brought slaves from Africa to Cuba to work the farms and plantations. So, yeah...a lot in common there, huh? Quick and to the point
LOVE IT! Anyway we're a lot closer for the Cuban refugees --
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 06:22 PM

162 posts, read 326,303 times
We are finally tunning up in the same frequency, lol. Yeah, I agree with you asking any new immigrant to comply with our immigration laws. That is a must regardless of your background.
Like you said, we have mixed different topics. There is no doubt everyone needs to comply with our Laws. Illegal immigrants have found their supporters in those bad American employers who keep hiring them. They are the ones we need to go after, and we wont have illegal immigrants all over the country. About the medical and criminal background checks, nobody have a problem with it, it just a simple procedure they need to follow if they want to live among us.
One more thing, everyone living or willing to live legally in America needs to learn English, because when people dont learn the language they never get to asimilate the American culture since they isolate themselves in groups that share a foreign language. There is nothing wrong with speaking a foreign language, but you MUST learn English too, so we are all better understanding each other.
God bless America

Old 03-21-2008, 06:29 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,667,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATOGAMO View Post
We are finally tunning up in the same frequency, lol. Yeah, I agree with you asking any new immigrant to comply with our immigration laws. That is a must regardless of your background.
Like you said, we have mixed different topics. There is no doubt everyone needs to comply with our Laws. Illegal immigrants have found their supporters in those bad American employers who keep hiring them. They are the ones we need to go after, and we wont have illegal immigrants all over the country. About the medical and criminal background checks, nobody have a problem with it, it just a simple procedure they need to follow if they want to live among us.
One more thing, everyone living or willing to live legally in America needs to learn English, because when people dont learn the language they never get to asimilate the American culture since they isolate themselves in groups that share a foreign language. There is nothing wrong with speaking a foreign language, but you MUST learn English too, so we are all better understanding each other.
God bless America
Great post that I absolutely agree with. We are at peace.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:11 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,315,774 times
Quote:
You don't much about the Cuban population here in the US do you. Well, let me educate you. And how do I know all this, because I am Cuban.

Cubans are the highest educated on average of all hispanics - equal to Americans. They have the highest avg household income of all hispanics - on par with Americans. The Cubans that came to the US fleeing Cuba in the 60's, were doctors, lawyers, nurses, business owners, professors, politicians, etc.

So, yeah, don't put everyone lumped together. But, I understand, you are not totally educated on the subject of immigration.
What about the Marielitos?
I agree that the early Cuban immigrants, from the 60s were educated, but the later ones...not so much.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:23 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,553,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
What about the Marielitos?
I agree that the early Cuban immigrants, from the 60s were educated, but the later ones...not so much.
Well, it's true....certain of the Marielitos had "issues".....and certain (shall we say) "complications". They STILL weren't as bad, though, as the Founding Fathers of America were, or so the thinking goes. Besides, we have SO MUCH crime here in the US, how can a little EXTRA crime make any difference? Heck, we're USED to crime.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:29 PM

558 posts, read 385,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Well, it's true....certain of the Marielitos had "issues".....and certain (shall we say) "complications". They STILL weren't as bad, though, as the Founding Fathers of America were, or so the thinking goes. Besides, we have SO MUCH crime here in the US, how can a little EXTRA crime make any difference? Heck, we're USED to crime.
Yup...we have a history her in the good ole USA of role models to look up to that have shown us through the generations on how to be Thieves, rapist, killers, liars, cheats, corrupt.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:35 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,126,537 times
Quote:
Yup...we have a history her in the good ole USA of role models to look up to that have shown us through the generations on how to be Thieves, rapist, killers, liars, cheats, corrupt.
And; probably every other country in the world today was also 'guilty' of the same atrocities in varying degrees @ one time or another.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
You have to wonder why anyone STAYS here at all..let alone COME here. I guess people never behave like we think they should.....crazy world.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And; probably every other country in the world today was also 'guilty' of the same atrocities in varying degrees @ one time or another.
So far, we know of only two..Cuba, and the USA. Both, apparently, were founded by liars, rapists, and murderers.

WE haven't discussed China yet..or Russia, Lithuania, or Nauru.....or even Luxembourg. Maybe Mongolia, or Myanamar....or Uzbekhistan, will be judged as 'nicer' places....maybe we'll get more history lessons, if we're willing to listen..and to learn.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:02 PM

21 posts, read 71,026 times
Default Illegal cuban immigration?

I have two questions regarding this. I live in Montreal, Canada and
am canadian, 100% canadian. The family living here before I moved in
are cubans. The husband and wife lived in Canada for 10 years and are
canadian citizes. The kids were born here. They decided they were fed
up with winter (and I don't blame them) so they rented a truck and
filled it with furnitures and other things. They then crossed into
the US using their canadian passports. Once in Miami, they claimed
refuge status and got it right away. Does the US government allows
this. Would it be illogic if they turn cubans on rafts back to Cuba
to face harsh jail sentences but accept cubans like the example above
leaving a cozy life in another country. I know, illogic and
government go well together.

Second question, more personal. I got married to a cuban woman. She
left cuba with an exit visa from her country (very legal) with a
permanent residency visa from my canadian government. Three months
after arriving here, she disappear from my life, to reappear in Miami
a few days later, leaving me completely crushed and in debt. Would
this be consider legal by the US government? If not, how can we
report her. All I have is an 1 800 number that is useless from Canada.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration