Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think illegal aliens should be denied health care?
Yes, under all circumstances 51 35.42%
Yes, unless it is an emergency 73 50.69%
No, they should not be denied health care at hospitals and doctors offices 12 8.33%
Other 5 3.47%
No opinion/Not sure 3 2.08%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 08:38 AM

2,935 posts, read 5,004,205 times

Advertisements

Do we want the whole country to contract contagious diseases from people who are refused health care? Guess so. Maybe it's worth it to effectively have the death penalty (or I guess the "sick penalty") as punishment for those monsters crossing an imaginary line to find a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 09:41 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,096,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
Do we want the whole country to contract contagious diseases from people who are refused health care? Guess so. Maybe it's worth it to effectively have the death penalty (or I guess the "sick penalty") as punishment for those monsters crossing an imaginary line to find a job.
A good amount of them are facing death when they travel here, I would say that most illegals will not even seek treatment out of fear of being caught.
From some of the posts I have read on this topic it sounds like it is the norm for them to run to the doctor/hospital for every little pain. I hardly doubt that, their biggest fear is being caught.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:46 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,740,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The reason most illegals show up at the Emergency Room for their routine care is that they choose not to go to physicians offices and pay for their own care. There is nothing at all stopping them from making an appointment for an office visit and paying in cash. Nothing except they don't wish to pay a dime.
AMEN, Malamute!

Why pay when you can receive FREE healthcare at the expense and inconvenience of the U.S. Taxpayers?

Old 04-19-2008, 09:48 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,740,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
A good amount of them are facing death when they travel here, I would say that most illegals will not even seek treatment out of fear of being caught.
From some of the posts I have read on this topic it sounds like it is the norm for them to run to the doctor/hospital for every little pain. I hardly doubt that, their biggest fear is being caught.
Sorry, Sassyone . . . definitely, NOT big enough or they would return to their own country.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:04 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,654,281 times
Anyone who thinks there is any "fear" by illegals sucking the health care system dry, is OUT OF TOUCH! They come in for any and every little thing. Add to that the fact that they ARE riddled with disease, acute and chronic, require much care and medication, ALL at taxpayer expense. Add to that health care workers have "laws" to abide by and that includes having to see everyone who comes through the door without asking for any identification. Nice to be between a rock and a hard place, hmmm? Stop with the idiotic PC agenda, these criminals have brought the health care system to its knees in many states.

Last edited by lilypad; 04-19-2008 at 10:20 AM..

Old 04-19-2008, 10:42 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,785,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Anyone who thinks there is any "fear" by illegals sucking the health care system dry, is OUT OF TOUCH! They come in for any and every little thing. Add to that the fact that they ARE riddled with disease, acute and chronic, require much care and medication, ALL at taxpayer expense. Add to that health care workers have "laws" to abide by and that includes having to see everyone who comes through the door without asking for any identification. Nice to be between a rock and a hard place, hmmm? Stop with the idiotic PC agenda, these criminals have brought the health care system to its knees in many states.
They also aren't responsible enough to make an appointment with a doctor during office hours, again because they don't wish to pay anything, and will let their children become very sick and then take them to an ER in the evening or middle of the night. Also the day time but that's because they know everything will be given free.

Mostly they are not all that sick in the ER, it's just the way they prefer to seek their routine medical care because they know they will not be expected to pay a dime.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:57 AM

1,268 posts, read 1,138,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They also aren't responsible enough to make an appointment with a doctor during office hours, again because they don't wish to pay anything, and will let their children become very sick and then take them to an ER in the evening or middle of the night. Also the day time but that's because they know everything will be given free.

Mostly they are not all that sick in the ER, it's just the way they prefer to seek their routine medical care because they know they will not be expected to pay a dime.
I don't know how accurate that is, there was an article a while back of parents not taking their child to the hospital in fear of deportation.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:14 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,484,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post

If your concern is that the entire country may contract a contagious disease, then you should be in favor of everyone coming to the US through legal channels. When a person comes to the US legally, they are given a medical screening for diseases so that we do not end up with a scenario where many people are sickened because someone with an infectious disease spread it.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:26 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,484,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
I don't know how accurate that is, there was an article a while back of parents not taking their child to the hospital in fear of deportation.
I know the case you are talking about. There was alot of media coverage mainly because situations like that are so rare.
As I recall, it involved illegal alien parents with a young infant who was ill with a digestive illness for 10 days and subsequently died. I think the parents simply did not understand the seriousness of the situation until it was too late. If they truly felt their child's life was in danger, there were a number of things they could have done to get medical care for him.

1. They could have contacted the Mexican consulate or La Raza, LULAC or any of the groups that help illegal aliens and explained their situation. I rarely have much good to say about La Raza, but in this case I am sure they would have allayed the parents fears about deportation and told them to take the child to the ER.
2. They could have contacted a priest or other clergyman who would have told them the same thing.
3. They could have asked co-workers or neighbors what to do. Surely someone would have known that they could go to the ER.
4. Call 911 and ask the operator what to do.

Instead they did nothing and the child died. This unfortunately was due to poor choices made by the parents.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:40 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,785,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I know the case you are talking about. There was alot of media coverage mainly because situations like that are so rare.
As I recall, it involved illegal alien parents with a young infant who was ill with a digestive illness for 10 days and subsequently died. I think the parents simply did not understand the seriousness of the situation until it was too late. If they truly felt their child's life was in danger, there were a number of things they could have done to get medical care for him.

1. They could have contacted the Mexican consulate or La Raza, LULAC or any of the groups that help illegal aliens and explained their situation. I rarely have much good to say about La Raza, but in this case I am sure they would have allayed the parents fears about deportation and told them to take the child to the ER.
2. They could have contacted a priest or other clergyman who would have told them the same thing.
3. They could have asked co-workers or neighbors what to do. Surely someone would have known that they could go to the ER.
4. Call 911 and ask the operator what to do.

Instead they did nothing and the child died. This unfortunately was due to poor choices made by the parents.
5. They could have put their child's life ahead of money or whatever and risked deportation to save that baby.

How many of us would rather stay in a foreign country and watch our children die rather than come home sooner than planned?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration