Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think illegal aliens should be denied health care?
Yes, under all circumstances 51 35.42%
Yes, unless it is an emergency 73 50.69%
No, they should not be denied health care at hospitals and doctors offices 12 8.33%
Other 5 3.47%
No opinion/Not sure 3 2.08%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 01:49 PM

148 posts, read 471,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
I don't know how they get away with it, when I go to the ER I have to show my ID, my insurance card, sign a whole bunch of papers, pay my co-pay upfront and I am treated like I am not going to pay. I sit at this desk with this person while she asks me a ton of questions, they make sure all of my info in the computer is correct, I have to list references and then they allow me or my family member to be admitted. Why I am being treated like this???? I am sick of my way of life being screwed up because these people feel they have entitlements. WE DO NOT OWE THEM ANYTHING!!!!! Healthcare, water when they cross the desert, NOTHING!!!!!!
The most ridiculous was when my wife was giving birth. This "hospital representative", [moderator cut: inappropriate comments], pulls me out of the room while my wife is in labor to get my insurance information, ID, and RUN THE DEDUCTIBLE ON MY CREDIT CARD.

I asked her why she was so pushy, why they couldn't wait until after the birth of my child while mother and baby were resting, and WHETHER SHE IS SO DAMN PUSHY WITH ALL THE ILLEGALS I SAW OVERCROWDING THE EMERGENCY ROOM THAT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR AS WELL. She was not happy with my comments, and even less happy when I demanded to see her supervisor.

And this was at one of the allegedly "finest" hospitals in America, where celebrities often go to give birth - [moderator cut: consumer complaint]. The ER was PACKED full of illegals, same as the welfare offices. Let me tell you, being in ground zero for most of my life and seeing the transformation first hand from the promised land to absolute hell, not only do I advocate 0 treatment, life threatening or not, I would go MUCH further than that.

So many clueless people in our country have absolutely no idea that these illegal aliens are WAGING AN INDIRECT WAR on the United States and in particular the common man/US citizen, and many are hell bent on seeing to our destruction.

Last edited by madicarus2000; 06-11-2008 at 10:34 PM.. Reason: inappropriate comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 01:53 PM

219 posts, read 425,618 times
Wow! It's unbelievable! Yes, they are waging a war. So far, it kinda looks like they are winning. I am not a criminal but I do get treated like one when I go to the hospital! I hope everything else went ok at the hospital. Totally disrespectful to do that to someone who is with their wife in labor.

Last edited by AnnaGrrrrrl; 06-11-2008 at 02:43 PM..

Old 06-11-2008, 02:38 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,338,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karkyco View Post
The most ridiculous was when my wife was giving birth. This "hospital representative", [moderator cut: inappropriate comments], pulls me out of the room while my wife is in labor to get my insurance information, ID, and RUN THE DEDUCTIBLE ON MY CREDIT CARD.

I asked her why she was so pushy, why they couldn't wait until after the birth of my child while mother and baby were resting, and WHETHER SHE IS SO DAMN PUSHY WITH ALL THE ILLEGALS I SAW OVERCROWDING THE EMERGENCY ROOM THAT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR AS WELL. She was not happy with my comments, and even less happy when I demanded to see her supervisor.

And this was at one of the allegedly "finest" hospitals in America, where celebrities often go to give birth - [moderator cut: consumer complaint]. The ER was PACKED full of illegals, same as the welfare offices. Let me tell you, being in ground zero for most of my life and seeing the transformation first hand from the promised land to absolute hell, not only do I advocate 0 treatment, life threatening or not, I would go MUCH further than that.

So many clueless people in our country have absolutely no idea that these illegal aliens are WAGING AN INDIRECT WAR on the United States and in particular the common man/US citizen, and many are hell bent on seeing to our destruction.

Absolutely. Many people go around with their heads stuck up their Mod Cut. People are too busy, can't be bothered, too stupid to see that our country is being stolen by these illegal lawbreakers. Too busy driving Sally to play soccer or buying their new SUV. It is a shame because these people are going to be in for a rude awakening. It really surprises me because all you ever here parents today say is "everything for my kids". Well-instead of buying Johnny a playstation 3 and making sure that he has ever toy imagineable-why not wake up and work to make sure that this country is preserved and still around for little Johnny 20 years from now. I fear it will be too late when these people finall get their heads out of their Mod Cut.

Nicolem

Last edited by madicarus2000; 06-11-2008 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: edited linked comments, edited creative spelling.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:15 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,828,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Do you think illegal aliens should be denied health care?

I am referring to being able to visit hospitals, not a health care plan.
Emergencies, yes but the hospitals need to be asking for immigration status and send the info to ICE so they can be picked up and deported.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:17 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,828,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I have a good solution. Since the Catholic Church and a couple of the others seem to have such a vested interest in unlimited immigration and illegal immigration, then why don't the ambulances take the illegals to Catholic hospitals for their free health care? The children of illegals could be given their free education in these Catholic and Methodist church schools since they want them here so badly.
Excellent solution! If the churches want the illegals here to bolster the faith, they should take care of them, from food pantry to jobs to health care to education.

OTOH, we won't be contributing more to our parish so they can do it.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:14 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,889,086 times
I believe it is Mexico's responsibility to take care of its citizens and the illegal ones in our country... perhaps we should tax Mexico for what it costs to have illegals over here and their effects on our economy.... then we can demand payment (if they refuse, we can embargo them like Cuba)... perhaps THEY will be the one building the wall and preventing illegals from crossing over...

Old 06-13-2008, 11:42 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,429,985 times
I believe they should do in emergencies, the last thing that needs to happen is to check the legal status of someone when they are being rushed to the ER room, and I beleive it is unethical to not give treatment to anyone when they are in dire need.

How in the heat of the moment does the hospital even tell if someone is legal or not? Its not like everyone carries around some card identifying themselves as a legal immigrant/citizen.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:44 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,521,965 times
not at all, they should get universal health, the same lousy health care we will soon all get. and they will have to pay for it, all 23 million of them.
and all that ER red carpet treatment sorry ernesto you gota go to dr elmer fud next month just like me. the good news. there will be a giant sucking sound all us old guys still workin for medical, we are outa here!!!!

pdclipart.com
free clipart

Old 06-14-2008, 09:15 AM

219 posts, read 425,618 times
Sorry to bring this back up, but they shouldn't be here. Yes, it's unethical to not treat someone, but by being ethical it has put a lot of hospitals into major financial trouble. When does the government try to cut the losses and figure out that these people are draining everything we have got? I think a good indicator for hospital staff that they are illegal is that they do not have an insurance card and they don't speak English. But there will never be a day when the hospitals will not treat them, everyone is afraid of being sued. And for good reason, as soon as that illegal tattled (and they do now, someone lied to them and told them they have the same rights as any other American) to any scuzzbag lawyer, they would will slap a lawsuit on that hospital/doctor so fast. The people and businesses that should have rights to refuse to treat/serve an illegal, don't.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:00 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,173,365 times
For known illegal immigrants; I can understand emergency medical care, once stabilized, they need to be turned over to ICE for immediate deportation.

As for the rest of the sick illegals-------the hell with 'em. I have to pay for my own health coverage-------why do those lawbreaker losers get a free skate??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration