Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 10:10 AM

1,378 posts, read 737,791 times

Advertisements

Meant to post this on day 1..but my man! Going to work on illegal immigration
Attached Thumbnails
Meant to post this on day one...-biden.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2021, 06:45 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,377,717 times
The last three presidents all attempted to pass immigration reform and each one failed. Let’s hope this one can get meaningful reform enacted as our country badly needs it.

Old 02-21-2021, 08:03 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,845,308 times
So, OP, are you in favor of illegal immigration from any countries? Or only from Hispanic countries?

Would you be cool with hundreds of thousands of Canadians illegally entering the US every year and being allowed to stay?

How about hundreds of thousands from, say, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Iraq? Afghanistan?

China? North Korea?

Nigerians, Rwandans, Ugandans?

Are you cool with dismantling the immigration system altogether? Because it's extremely expensive to have one. It'd be much easier and more cost efficient to simply let in everyone who wants to come to the US.

Old 02-21-2021, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
The last three presidents all attempted to pass immigration reform and each one failed. Let’s hope this one can get meaningful reform enacted as our country badly needs it.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
So, OP, are you in favor of illegal immigration from any countries,not on those of YOUR peeps?

Would you be cool with hundreds of thousands of Canadians illegally entering the US every year and being allowed to stay?

How about hundreds of thousands from, say, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Iraq? Afghanistan?

China? North Korea?

Nigerians, Rwandans, Ugandans?

Are you cool with dismantling the immigration system altogether? Because it's extremely expensive to have one. It'd be far less expensive and easier to simply let in everyone who wants to come to the US.
What do you mean, my peeps? I don't have peeps. I am American. And yes, I favor it for everyone and I like people of all different cultures. I think we can all learn something from each other.

Now, I do think that there should be rules, you know learn English, learn the History, etc. I don't think it should totally be dismantled but there should be some reform.

Old 02-21-2021, 08:09 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
There is no reform proposal it's always been amnesty and that's why it hasn't passed. Our country doesn't need millions of illegals to remain here and retain Americans jobs and resources and to reward them with our citizenship for violating our immigration laws and don't forget felony ID theft and/or tax evasion to. Yeah, they'll make fine citizens.....not!

Old 02-21-2021, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post

What do you mean, my peeps? I don't have peeps. I am American. And yes, I favor it for everyone and I like people of all different cultures. I think we can all learn something from each other.
Not sure I believe you. I'm not sure you're as accepting of other cultures as you present yourself to be.

You've made several anti-white and anti-black statements, along the lines of: "if you don't like illegals from Hispanic countries, you should all go back to Europe and Africa." And "the US belongs to Latinos more than anyone else."

I've read a couple of your posts that sound pretty anti- LGBT rights, as well (no, I'm not LGBT).

Also, when you learned that I'm a naturalized American, you said, "I'm more of an American than you'll ever be."

All sounds pretty ethnocentric and bigoted to me.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 02-21-2021 at 08:53 AM..

Old 02-21-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Not sure I believe you. I'm not sure you're as accepting of other cultures as you present yourself to be.

You've made several anti-white and anti-black statements, along the lines of: "if you don't like illegals from Hispanic countries, you should all go back to Europe and Africa." And "the US belongs to Latinos more than anyone else."

Also, when you learned that I'm a naturalized American, you said, "I'm more of an American than you'll ever be."

All sounds pretty ethnocentric and bigoted to me.
well..thats too bad..because I said what I said..if you believe me, fine, if you don't then that sounds like a You problem.

That is because that is the where the majority come from and that's what most people complain about. Especially Old Glory and his "they are ethnocentric and law breakers!" Or is it only ok to say Anti Hispanic statements and not black or white ones?

I would much rather befriend from someone say from Africa because they are not tainted by our awful history here.

Wait..so now im bigoted and ethnocentric because im stating a fact? Sounds like you have some insecurities that you need to work though.

Old 02-21-2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
well..thats too bad..because I said what I said..if you believe me, fine, if you don't then that sounds like a You problem.

That is because that is the where the majority come from and that's what most people complain about. Especially Old Glory and his "they are ethnocentric and law breakers!" Or is it only ok to say Anti Hispanic statements and not black or white ones?

I would much rather befriend from someone say from Africa because they are not tainted by our awful history here.

Wait..so now im bigoted and ethnocentric because im stating a fact? Sounds like you have some insecurities that you need to work though.
Is it okay to make anti-gay, anti-white, anti-black statements but not anti-illigal (Hispanic) immigrant statements?

The fact that you feel the need to constantly provoke and insult people simply because they believe that people should immigrate to another country legally sounds like a YOU problem (that expression sounds like something my high school aged son's friends would say).

I'm a legal immigrant. I'm well-educated. My former spouse, also an immigrant, is highly educated.I speak 2 languages. I'm relatively successful.

I "have insecurities" because you post bigoted comments?

Old 02-21-2021, 09:54 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Is it okay to make anti-gay, anti-white, anti-black statements but not anti-illigal (Hispanic) immigrant statements?

The fact that you feel the need to constantly provoke and insult people simply because they believe that people should immigrate to another country legally sounds like a YOU problem (that expression sounds like something my high school aged son's friends would say).

I'm a legal immigrant. I'm well-educated. My former spouse, also an immigrant, is highly educated.I speak 2 languages. I'm relatively successful.

I don't care where these illegals come from they all need to be deported but it's a fact that most here illegally are Latinos from south of our border. Even those who over stayed their visas are from countries south of our border "collectively". When you mention that fact you are called a racist though. Stupid is as stupid does though with these pro-illegal aliens. Illegal alien isn't a race. Making anti-"illegal" Hispanic remarks that are facts and about their ethnocentric supporters is warranted but I would make the same anti-illegal anybody remarks. I don't know a lot of white people who support white people violating our immigration laws though and that's the difference!

I find it laughable when a certain poster in here calls us racists when it is he that wants his illegal amigos to be rewarded for violating our immigration laws and says that anglo-Americans should go back to Europe when the ancestors of most of these illegals including his were from Europe aka Spain! I wonder when he and his Latino/Spaniards are going back to Europe then? Also the history of the Spanish on the North American continent was just as ruthless as any anglo conquests. They didn't call them the Spanish Conquistadores for nothing. Of course they ignore that fact as it doesn't fit their hate anglo whites narrative.

Last edited by Oldglory; 02-21-2021 at 10:07 AM..

Old 02-22-2021, 09:40 AM

Quote:

Who have I insulted? Oh let's just gloss over the fact that I've been called a liar, pro-illegal, troll, fool and God knows what else. But that's ok right?

And that You problem statement is an adult thing..I'm sorry if adult conversation is lacking in your life. And if you are so successful, then why did you come here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration