Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2023, 07:08 PM

858 posts, read 473,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
No one is referring to "illegal" immigrants here.

In fact, the govt. is trying to intimidate lending institutions by inferring ANY immigration status will not be questioned.

“This guidance reminds lenders that denying someone access to credit based solely on their actual or perceived immigrant status may violate federal law.”

It's hard to get any more plain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2023, 08:05 PM

23,900 posts, read 33,655,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post
I don't see how they could without a SS number or at least a tax payer ID number. This whole administration is a joke. Millions of American citizens are suffering and they want to use our tax dollars to provide free health care, free housing and other goodies to illegals. Jan. 20 2025 can not come soon enough.

I agree, it's a huge joke.

Americans can't get help but they have no issues handing "things" to illegals. I'm so sick of illegals. If they want to live in the US, do it legally like my parents.

Both of my parents came to the US in the late 50's. Around 1970 my dad wanted to purchase the gas/service station he was renting. He went to the different banks near where the business is, no one would give him a loan until he found one lender who actually gave him a chance by lending him the money.

Old 10-13-2023, 11:56 PM

2,412 posts, read 4,468,083 times
A few years ago a file came across my desk involving a person that I thought was an illegal immigrant. But I saw that he had a brand new car with a major-bank lienholder, so I assumed he must be legal after all.

I called our contact at the bank and was assured that he was indeed an illegal immigrant. I asked then how did he get the loan--the answer was "don't ask."

On another occasion I was talking to a person that I knew in mortgage lending at a different major bank. I asked the same question, and was told that yes, they did do a certain number of mortgages a year to people that they knew were illegal immigrants.

I wonder if it's like the housing debacle from back when, when banks were required to make loans to people that they knew for a fact would never repay the loan in order to be "fair."

Old 10-14-2023, 05:24 AM

1,954 posts, read 839,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
I get it; but not sure you do. Please re-read my original post, and the article you linked. No illegal can get a loan unless they have a stolen number, which is criminal behavior. I'm sure that happens, but that is not the point of the posted article.

I know this is the illegal immigration forum. What I was saying ia that this doesn't belong here because it's not about illegal immigration.
Can a illegal alien get a mortgage? Yes

https://inclusiv.org/the-american-dr...n%20them%20out.

Old 10-15-2023, 11:12 AM

2,221 posts, read 1,344,047 times
Quote:
No one is referring to "illegal" immigrants here. "Immigration Status" refers to anyone who is not currently a US citizen. We have millions of non-citizens in this country who are here LEGALLY. The notice from the Biden administration is saying lending institutions should not hold the immigration status of a LEGAL resident above other factors when deciding the lend money.

Not a single illegal citizen could ever get money loaned to them by a recognized bank, because, as mentioned above, it is required to have a SSN or tax-ID number.

I am so sick of everyone who sees the words "immigrant" or "non-citizen" and immediately thinks "illegal".
Point taken, but can you blame them? The illegal problem is so huge and has persisted for so many decades (and is only getting worse) that illegals are the ones who automatically come to mind. I am not saying this is fair or right, but it is a fact.

Old 10-15-2023, 11:21 AM

1,954 posts, read 839,785 times
Quote:
I am so sick of everyone who sees the words "immigrant" or "non-citizen" and immediately thinks "illegal".
Might be because there are more illegals entering the country every year than there are legal immigrants.

Old 10-15-2023, 11:34 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,248,268 times
Isn’t this how the 2008 banking crisis started? The Feds through Clinton in the 90’s forcing banks to loan to minorities regardless of whether they could afford a home or not.

Dumb Democrats forgetting history and doomed to repeat it.

Old 10-15-2023, 02:29 PM

11,180 posts, read 9,806,175 times
Quote:
No one is referring to "illegal" immigrants here. "Immigration Status" refers to anyone who is not currently a US citizen. We have millions of non-citizens in this country who are here LEGALLY. The notice from the Biden administration is saying lending institutions should not hold the immigration status of a LEGAL resident above other factors when deciding the lend money.

Not a single illegal citizen could ever get money loaned to them by a recognized bank, because, as mentioned above, it is required to have a SSN or tax-ID number.

This is why I never believe any of the BS that is published by a propaganda vehicle like the Daily Caller.

Old 10-15-2023, 04:24 PM

25,926 posts, read 12,943,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
xoe's loves for illegal aliens is boundless. unless they're from cuba.
or Venezuela...he just banned them from entering due to th way they are likely to vote (my opinon)

Old 10-15-2023, 08:58 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,248,268 times
^ Meanwhile no outrage from the media on that. Remember when Trump banned immigration from a list of countries (that actually was from when Obama was president) the Left and media called him racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration