Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2023, 07:14 AM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times

Advertisements

The Biden administration released a statement Thursday warning financial institutions against using a person’s immigration status in credit applications.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/10/12/b...al-immigrants/

I'm beyond words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2023, 07:19 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,208,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'm beyond words.

Agreed.

However, they CAN use their credit score, which I'm pretty sure they don't have.

Old 10-13-2023, 07:37 AM

1,746 posts, read 880,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
Agreed.

However, they CAN use their credit score, which I'm pretty sure they don't have.

I don't see how they could without a SS number or at least a tax payer ID number. This whole administration is a joke. Millions of American citizens are suffering and they want to use our tax dollars to provide free health care, free housing and other goodies to illegals. Jan. 20 2025 can not come soon enough.

Old 10-13-2023, 07:43 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
The Biden administration released a statement Thursday warning financial institutions against using a person’s immigration status in credit applications.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/10/12/b...al-immigrants/

I'm beyond words.
xoe's loves for illegal aliens is boundless. unless they're from cuba.

Old 10-13-2023, 09:11 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,134,378 times
No one is referring to "illegal" immigrants here. "Immigration Status" refers to anyone who is not currently a US citizen. We have millions of non-citizens in this country who are here LEGALLY. The notice from the Biden administration is saying lending institutions should not hold the immigration status of a LEGAL resident above other factors when deciding the lend money.

Not a single illegal citizen could ever get money loaned to them by a recognized bank, because, as mentioned above, it is required to have a SSN or tax-ID number.

I am so sick of everyone who sees the words "immigrant" or "non-citizen" and immediately thinks "illegal".

Old 10-13-2023, 03:18 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
No one is referring to "illegal" immigrants here. "Immigration Status" refers to anyone who is not currently a US citizen. We have millions of non-citizens in this country who are here LEGALLY. The notice from the Biden administration is saying lending institutions should not hold the immigration status of a LEGAL resident above other factors when deciding the lend money.

Not a single illegal citizen could ever get money loaned to them by a recognized bank, because, as mentioned above, it is required to have a SSN or tax-ID number.

I am so sick of everyone who sees the words "immigrant" or "non-citizen" and immediately thinks "illegal".
Some illegals do have ITINs. Others use fake or made up SSNs. Sometimes that fake SSN belongs to a living person who then, like the ID theft victim, gets put into a world of hurt.

Old 10-13-2023, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Some illegals do have ITINs. Others use fake or made up SSNs. Sometimes that fake SSN belongs to a living person who then, like the ID theft victim, gets put into a world of hurt.
One cannot get on a payroll with an ITIN and that's where using fake or stolen SS numbers comes into play which is a felony. Anyone who thinks that illegals getting paid in cash are reporting their earnings with an ITIN isn't dealing in reality.

Old 10-13-2023, 03:40 PM

Quote:

This is the illegal immigration forum and no one has a problem with legal, non-citizens getting loans. Biden however wants banks to give loans to people regardless of their immigration status. Get it now?

Old 10-13-2023, 04:39 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,134,378 times
Quote:
This is the illegal immigration forum and no one has a problem with legal, non-citizens getting loans. Biden however wants banks to give loans to people regardless of their immigration status. Get it now?

I get it; but not sure you do. Please re-read my original post, and the article you linked. No illegal can get a loan unless they have a stolen number, which is criminal behavior. I'm sure that happens, but that is not the point of the posted article.

I know this is the illegal immigration forum. What I was saying ia that this doesn't belong here because it's not about illegal immigration.

Old 10-13-2023, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I get it; but not sure you do. Please re-read my original post, and the article you linked. No illegal can get a loan unless they have a stolen number, which is criminal behavior. I'm sure that happens, but that is not the point of the posted article.

I know this is the illegal immigration forum. What I was saying ia that this doesn't belong here because it's not about illegal immigration.
Wrong. It does belong here because Biden wants banks to give loans to people regardless of their immigration status. WTH do you think that means? Did you not read the title of this thread and the article linked to it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration