Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2023, 04:20 PM

14,054 posts, read 13,934,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
what difference does it make that they are African. We have nothing in place to accommodate all of these people flooding into the country wherever they're from..

Who's fault is it? ... Biden's ...... he knows we can't handle the influx, he doesn't care. Now he's going to have to do a 180 and adopt Trump's border policies. (after letting close to 10 million enter). An admission he screwed up the border his first 3 years in office. Will cost him any chance of getting re-elected.

Alejandro Mayorkas is in charge of homeland security and he is immigrant so there some conflict of interest. He should be remove from the job doing horrible job numbers have double since he took the position since 2021 highest number in recent history. Catch and release program what a dumb idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2023, 08:27 AM

62,943 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Alejandro Mayorkas is in charge of homeland security and he is immigrant so there some conflict of interest. He should be remove from the job doing horrible job numbers have double since he took the position since 2021 highest number in recent history. Catch and release program what a dumb idea.
Mayorkas is also Hispanic. Talk about the fox guarding the hen house....... That's why Biden appointed him!

Old 12-28-2023, 11:47 AM

2,203 posts, read 3,360,232 times
Well, Blinken and Mayorkas met with the Mexican president and others and they are keeping the boarder crossings open. They’ve reopened the rail crossings (several had been shut down due to overly large number of migrants) so possibly the huge numbers walking across Mexico will be reduced (since they will be traveling by rail). The number of boarder crossings into the US won't change. https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-mexico...133447779.html

Other video I viewed earlier today the journalist talked to the migrants and asked where they were heading. Those migrants asked were from Senagal. https://twitter.com/i/status/1739002591281832356

Old 12-28-2023, 01:17 PM

346 posts, read 445,545 times
Out of wedlock births and vd will skyrocket due to all these single males with raging hormones let loose in the country.

Old 12-28-2023, 04:58 PM

14,054 posts, read 13,934,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twins4lynn View Post
Well, Blinken and Mayorkas met with the Mexican president and others and they are keeping the boarder crossings open. They’ve reopened the rail crossings (several had been shut down due to overly large number of migrants) so possibly the huge numbers walking across Mexico will be reduced (since they will be traveling by rail). The number of boarder crossings into the US won't change. https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-mexico...133447779.html

Other video I viewed earlier today the journalist talked to the migrants and asked where they were heading. Those migrants asked were from Senagal. https://twitter.com/i/status/1739002591281832356
Mexican President isn’t going do anything just bribing for money and cartels have influence on Mexican politics.

Old 12-31-2023, 08:59 PM

1,864 posts, read 842,234 times
that be the best place for them, they can hang with the others

Old 12-31-2023, 09:18 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post

There's been studies done that show in the first generation of immigrants, their kids do well in school and excel in their studies. This is usually because their parents value education and want their kids to do well. By the third generation, the great-grandkids of the original immigrants, their performances in school now resemble those of the kids of non-immigrant parents or grandparents.

So that should make you happy.

I agree we make it easy to not learn English by allowing everything to be printed in native languages. But I disagree that kids need to be younger than 12 to learn a new language capably. One example that comes to mind is the lead singer from Steppenwolf. Ever heard him do an interview? His mother brought him from Germany to Canada when he was 14, not speaking any English except what he learned over the radio.

One, you are discussing ILLEGAL ALIENSâ„¢, so you can stop using the word "immigrants".

These ILLEGAL ALIENS are essentially illiterate, and likely of the low-IQ variety. They are not going to value education, because they themselves are uneducated.

Legal immigrants -- those who come to this country LEGALLY -- tend to value education, because they at least had some education. I have friends whose grandparents were post-WWII legal immigrants through Ellis Island. Not only did they value education, but they also valued their country and the laws that allowed them to begin a new life here.

You're attempting to lend credibility to ILLEGAL ALIENS. There is no such thing as a credible ILLEGAL ALIEN, as they broke the laws to enter this country. They are not only not needed, but not wanted, and certainly should not be on the public dole.

Old 12-31-2023, 09:35 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Re: Post #45 --- I couldn't rep you again so I owe you one. Well Said!

Old 01-01-2024, 03:03 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,946,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And every single child of immigrants are outperforming American students? Gimme a break. As I pointed out already (and you ignored it) illegal aliens and anchor babies don't outperform Americans. They have, for the most part, parents who have little to no education and don't value education. They encourage their children to drop out of high school and go to work. The parents don't bother to learn English and thus, their kids come to school not knowing any English and the Spanish they do know is atrocious. These kids don't even know the colors and can't tell red from blue. Teachers will tell you that these kids never fully catch up. Before you trot out an illegal alien or anchor baby who did well in school, keep in mind the few that are out there are diamonds in the rough and not typical.

Then you insult Americans and claim they can't do math or science. We have plenty of bright students who can do jobs that require such knowledge but by allowing a glut of H1-Bs into the country, many Americans can't find work or do find it and get replaced by visa holders.

Once again, I'll explain it to you. Teachers are overwhelmed with trying to teach students who come to school not knowing English. In such settings, the kids who do come to school prepared are the ones who suffer.

Take a look at this link which talks about what schools and teachers have to deal with these days:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...public-schools

Per the bolded --- You twisted what I said---and you know it, too. What I said was that they never fully master a new language after age 12. Fully mastering a language means learning to speak it without an accent

All those stats you're crowing about---Were all those "postdocs" born to illegal aliens? Or did they immigrate after having gotten an education in their own countries? We all know the answer----it's the latter. If these people are here on H1-Bs, many talented Americans end up being displaced in the work force.

Back in the 1880s, there were immigration laws. So just stop with the insults. People who came were processed and checked for diseases. You are apparently unaware that not everybody who showed up at Ellis Island was allowed to remain in the country. Many were sent back on the boat that brought them here. And regarding your remark about the Native American Indians, even their ancestors came here from elsewhere. Not to mention that when Europeans arrived here, there was no country and thus no immigration laws to break.

You can't compare how things were over 100 years ago to what is happening today.

And, yes, Reagan did do an amnesty. I think everybody who posts in this form is well aware of that fact. He agreed to it because the democrats promised that it would be the one and only amnesty ever to happen (We've had several stealth amnesties since then). The democrats also promised that the border would be secured (Of course it never was fully secured and definitely not during these nightmarish days now). The democrats also promised that no illegal alien would ever be able to work in the US (Right now we have 8 million no-match SSNs in the work force plus far too many Americans have been victims of ID theft by illegal aliens). I was no fan of Reagan's. Before he was stricken with Alzheimer's he regretted trusting the democrats. Too little, too late.

Do you seriously think that these millions of so-called "migrants" who have flooded into this country non-stop as of late are all a benefit to our country? Do you think they are all math and science geniuses?

How many have you taken into your own home?
Can't rep you again, but spot on!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration