Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2023, 06:55 PM

15,398 posts, read 7,464,179 times

Advertisements

Texas LEO's and judges are not qualified to determine the immigration status of anyone. The real issue will come when someone that CBP has paroled into the US is charged with violating the Texas law. The Feds win that one every time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2023, 08:56 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Texas LEO's and judges are not qualified to determine the immigration status of anyone. The real issue will come when someone that CBP has paroled into the US is charged with violating the Texas law. The Feds win that one every time.
Sadly the feds are failing us. I hope Texas finds a way.

Old 12-29-2023, 08:58 PM

14,044 posts, read 13,917,236 times
Quote:
Why Biden administration stop slowing down the flown you have states now trying to stop it doing his job.

Old 12-29-2023, 10:36 PM

4,413 posts, read 5,145,849 times
I don’t think this Cabal wants to mess with Texas. I say let him lock them up until plea agreement is reached for them to conduct supervised self deportation.

Texas should also pass a law that asylum seekers must register in Texas for humanitarian aid if in its territory, at which time Texas thoroughly interviews them to the point of finding the true purposes of this asylum attempt. Texas can decide if they’re lying and charge them with scamming for state services, at which time they plea to voluntary supervised self deportation.

Then see we’ll see what Biden does. If he sends troops down to Texas, I can assure you that the power dynamics in this country will turn on its head and the military will turn on him. All the old agreements will go out the window.

Old 12-30-2023, 06:27 AM

9,432 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Just wait until they discover that the next terrorist attack on our country was perpetrated by someone who came through the sieve of a "border."

Old 12-30-2023, 08:18 AM

15,398 posts, read 7,464,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
I don’t think this Cabal wants to mess with Texas. I say let him lock them up until plea agreement is reached for them to conduct supervised self deportation.

Texas should also pass a law that asylum seekers must register in Texas for humanitarian aid if in its territory, at which time Texas thoroughly interviews them to the point of finding the true purposes of this asylum attempt. Texas can decide if they’re lying and charge them with scamming for state services, at which time they plea to voluntary supervised self deportation.

Then see we’ll see what Biden does. If he sends troops down to Texas, I can assure you that the power dynamics in this country will turn on its head and the military will turn on him. All the old agreements will go out the window.
Texas has zero ability to put someone in prison or threaten them with prison when that person has been admitted by the Federal government. Texas cannot determine eligibility for asylum. That is a Federal decision that Texas has to live with.

Old 12-30-2023, 08:35 AM

6,778 posts, read 9,332,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Just wait until they discover that the next terrorist attack on our country was perpetrated by someone who came through the sieve of a "border."
Democrats will find some way to deflect blame on that and their mindless voters will continue to vote for them anyway, as sad as that is. In the Democrat world, any negative result of poor Democrat policy is always someone else’s fault.

Even with immigration, the Democrat talking point on this forum is that REPUBLICANS (you know, the party that barely has a majority in the House) are at fault for not proposing solutions to curb illegal immigration (even though Republicans are trying to at least negotiate some border security measures in return for funneling more money to corrupt Ukraine). So, I’m sure they’d find some way to blame Republicans and our legacy media (NYT, NPR, etc) would work overtime to help them to paint this picture.

Old 12-30-2023, 08:45 AM

4,934 posts, read 3,044,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Who's side is he on?
His own, and that of his constituents re-election aspirations.
They'll do anything to keep their jobs.
A country with unsecured borders, does not qualify as a country.
Making this Mexico's problem via securing a border isn't all that difficult.

Old 12-30-2023, 08:55 AM

4,934 posts, read 3,044,617 times
Quote:
That is a Federal decision that Texas has to live with.

Are they?, I don't see any buses or planes heading back to Texas.

Old 12-30-2023, 09:14 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
The title of this thread is incorrect. The DoJ will sue to stop Texas from trying to perform a Federal responsibility. Texas does not get to decide who is or is not allowed in the country. That's a Federal decision.
I have this vision of a Mel Brooks film when I think of what must be happening in Biden's White House.

"Hey, we didn't get a Hruumph out that guy!" Stuff like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration