Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2024, 05:11 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I guess when Biden told migrants to "surge the border" that played no role in this problem? As the article states the $14 billion proposed by Biden to fix the problem is a joke because he only wants it used for more Border Agents to process more migrants to allow more of them into our country instead of turning them around at the border. He wants to hire 375 more judges to. Well there will never be enough judges to clear the backlog we have already unless he stops more from entering.
Link for authority that Biden said to "surge the border"? What I'd like to know is who tells the migrants, most of whom are not educated, to come to the U .S.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2024, 08:19 PM

15,398 posts, read 7,464,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
What law makes MPP is legal?

MPP was an executive order made by Trump. Oh, you mean Biden never made an immigration EO last 3 years? Or Obama with his DACA EO?

Also, MPP was never challenged in court for over 2 years until Biden ended it

What??
Should be "policy does not comport with the law" I didn't notice the spelling error until after the edit window was closed.

Old 01-07-2024, 09:11 PM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Should be "policy does not comport with the law" I didn't notice the spelling error until after the edit window was closed.
protip:

if immigration policy "comport with the law", then POTUS would not be making immigration EOs, would he?

or are you saying you are against biden making immigration EOs? i think he made quite a few since inauguration.

Old 01-07-2024, 10:45 PM

15,398 posts, read 7,464,179 times
Quote:
protip:

if immigration policy "comport with the law", then POTUS would not be making immigration EOs, would he?

or are you saying you are against biden making immigration EOs? i think he made quite a few since inauguration.
EOs have to comport with the law. An EO is instructions on how to enforce or follow a law or sets priorities on enforcement.

What, specifically, has Biden done that violates laws?

Old 01-07-2024, 11:30 PM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
EOs have to comport with the law. An EO is instructions on how to enforce or follow a law or sets priorities on enforcement.

What, specifically, has Biden done that violates laws?
um, no it's not.

Take example EO like DACA created by Obama

Show me which law under Title 8 or INA 212 that an illegal alien is deferred from deportation and given work permits if he/she illegally immigrated to the US within certain time frame, under certain age, and meets certain conditions? Let me help you out. There is none.

Also, when an asylum seeker is seeking asylum in the US, the port of entry has the discretionary decision to give him or her the parole to stay in the US. What is going on right now in the SWB is mass paroles. This administration removed the discretionary decision from CBP

Quote:
how to enforce or follow a law or sets priorities on enforcement.
lmao. yeah, the priorities right now is to removed CBP officers/agents from their normal duty at their port and sent them on TDY to the SWB to make sandwiches for the migrants. That's real enforcement priority right there.

You ain't fooling anybody, WRM

Last edited by Du Ma; 01-07-2024 at 11:40 PM..

Old 01-08-2024, 05:27 AM

6,414 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Last major hiring rush for CBP agents and officers was in 2007 under Bush Administration when they hired 10,000 agents and officers

Under Biden administration we have an unprecedented and historic record-breaking SWB illegal crossings and encounters

So, is it the manpower issue for CBP or administration issue?
Primarily an administration issue, which has exacerbated the manpower issue. In other words, if Biden hadn't stopped construction of the wall, then compounded things by his "welcome everyone" policy, then the manpower issue wouldn't have been so severe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration