Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2024, 08:32 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

The flow of immigrants illegally crossing into the United States has skyrocketed under Biden. Last month, Border Patrol officers encountered about 10,000 people a day crossing illegally into the U.S. Back in the Obama years, when Biden was vice president, 1,000 a day was considered a crisis. Now, it's 10 times that.

Upon taking office, Biden signaled to the world that if you enter the United States illegally, you will be allowed to stay. Since then, millions have come — lowest estimate 6 million, and perhaps many more than that — and only a small portion has been turned away. That has created an enormous magnet to draw immigrants, nearly all of whom do not have a legitimate claim of asylum. It is a problem entirely of Biden's creation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...1a7e29c3&ei=38

I guess when Biden told migrants to "surge the border" that played no role in this problem? As the article states the $14 billion proposed by Biden to fix the problem is a joke because he only wants it used for more Border Agents to process more migrants to allow more of them into our country instead of turning them around at the border. He wants to hire 375 more judges to. Well there will never be enough judges to clear the backlog we have already unless he stops more from entering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2024, 08:56 AM

15,437 posts, read 7,491,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The flow of immigrants illegally crossing into the United States has skyrocketed under Biden. Last month, Border Patrol officers encountered about 10,000 people a day crossing illegally into the U.S. Back in the Obama years, when Biden was vice president, 1,000 a day was considered a crisis. Now, it's 10 times that.

Upon taking office, Biden signaled to the world that if you enter the United States illegally, you will be allowed to stay. Since then, millions have come — lowest estimate 6 million, and perhaps many more than that — and only a small portion has been turned away. That has created an enormous magnet to draw immigrants, nearly all of whom do not have a legitimate claim of asylum. It is a problem entirely of Biden's creation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...1a7e29c3&ei=38

I guess when Biden told migrants to "surge the border" that played no role in this problem? As the article states the $14 billion proposed by Biden to fix the problem is a joke because he only wants it used for more Border Agents to process more migrants to allow more of them into our country instead of turning them around at the border. He wants to hire 375 more judges to. Well there will never be enough judges to clear the backlog we have already unless he stops more from entering.
Of those 10,000 border crossers, how many are immediately turned back?

What's your solution without spending more money on border agents and immigration judges? Don't the existing laws require that some large portion of border crossers receive a hearing? And, clearly, even the ones that get turned back need to be processed in some form. Or are you saying CBP should just toss them back into Mexico without collecting ID/biometric information?

Old 01-06-2024, 10:52 AM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Of those 10,000 border crossers, how many are immediately turned back?

What's your solution without spending more money on border agents and immigration judges? Don't the existing laws require that some large portion of border crossers receive a hearing? And, clearly, even the ones that get turned back need to be processed in some form. Or are you saying CBP should just toss them back into Mexico without collecting ID/biometric information?
Easy

Reinstate MPP. DHS will not need to voluntold CBP agents/officers to TDY to SWB to babysitting and making sandwiches for the migrants

But what do I know? . You are the expert here WRM20

Old 01-06-2024, 01:40 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
According to what I have read 70% of these "migrants" have been allowed into our country under Biden/Mayorkas.

Old 01-06-2024, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Easy

Reinstate MPP. DHS will not need to voluntold CBP agents/officers to TDY to SWB to babysitting and making sandwiches for the migrants

But what do I know? . You are the expert here WRM20
How do you reinstate MPP when Mexico has already said it will not cooperate? Does current law even allow MPP?

And you still have to have enough CBP officers to process every illegal immigrant that is apprehended, whether they are allowed to stay or not.

Old 01-06-2024, 05:46 PM

10,099 posts, read 7,767,103 times
How about stop giving them freebies for coming over? I think that would work. No free phone, place to stay, healthcare, schooling, foodstamps, welfare, etc.. Let's put America first now. It's our turn.

The states at the border have tried to hender the illegals from coming over. Each time Biden stops it. He stopped the orange buoys, he is tring to stop razor wire and he made AZ take down the containers along the border. Biden wants all the illegals here. No way he would even try to stop it. Thank you congress for not allowing him more money. Keep up the good work.

Biden doesn't need more money anyway to slow down the border. Put up more razor wire and orange buoys, stop giving freebies and make it loud and clear no more freebies and if you come, you will be turned away.

Old 01-06-2024, 08:46 PM

Quote:
How do you reinstate MPP when Mexico has already said it will not cooperate? Does current law even allow MPP?

And you still have to have enough CBP officers to process every illegal immigrant that is apprehended, whether they are allowed to stay or not.
Tell me you know nothing about MPP without telling me you know nothing about MPP

MPP was a policy implemented by Trump. MPP mandates all migrants seeking asylum “from Mexico” must stay remain in Mexico. What’s Mexico is going to do? Force US to admit all the migrants that Mexico gave permission to enter THEIR (MEXICO) country? LMAO. It's not our obligation to accept all the migrants that Mexico gave permit to enter Mexico.

When I said “from Mexico” I don’t mean migrants have to be Mexican citizens

“Gringos, you must take ALL the migrants we Mexico government allowed to enter our country or else!!”

Last edited by Du Ma; 01-06-2024 at 09:59 PM..

Old 01-06-2024, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Tell me you know nothing about MPP without telling me you know nothing about MPP

MPP was a policy implemented by Trump. MPP mandates all migrants seeking asylum “from Mexico” must stay remain in Mexico. What’s Mexico is going to do? Force US to admit all the migrants that Mexico gave permission to enter THEIR (MEXICO) country? LMAO. It's not our obligation to accept all the migrants that Mexico gave permit to enter Mexico.

When I said “from Mexico” I don’t mean migrants have to be Mexican citizens

“Gringos, you must take ALL the migrants we Mexico government allowed to enter our country or else!!”
Don't the asylum seekers have to enter the US at a port of entry to seek asylum? In that case, they are in the US, and Mexico will just say "nope, not taking them back".

Old 01-06-2024, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Don't the asylum seekers have to enter the US at a port of entry to seek asylum? In that case, they are in the US, and Mexico will just say "nope, not taking them back".
i don't know how it works in other US POEs

but when i was TDYing in El Paso during the MPP era, the migrants met up CBP officers on the International Bridge to receive their notice for court date and then do an about face back to Mexico

what's the Mex governmnet is going to do?
"no gringos, we don't want you to give notices for court date to the migrants on the bridge anymore because we rather keep them all here in Mexico"???

Old 01-07-2024, 08:06 AM

1,937 posts, read 823,949 times
This might be one reason they keep on coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYwLYMPLYbo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration