Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 02:12 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,574,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Earlier quote, from another thread:

There are others as well. Your patronizing comments/condescention towards the females on this forum would indicate a tendency for misogyny. Were you not held enough as a child?
What? I have no idea who's female or not. Yeah, I called you sweetie. However, I directed my earlier post at nicolem & I did NOT call her deary. And for the record, there are MANY on this forum who are condescending, specifically condescsending towards others who do not agree w/their posts. Let's just keep that straight, ok? And by your post, I would maybe rethink your whole idea about me, you don't seem very adult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 02:18 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,332,719 times
Gee I am sure no one on here but ME has ever posted articles that while not exactly like the original topic do indeed pertain to the topic raised. What is my punishment-50 lashes with a wet noodle? Deportation?

OK the original article did not state they were illegals. I never said it did nor did I try to say so. The thread discussion took off and I wanted to discuss the increase in diseases that we here have eradicated in the USA and it's relationship to the 20+ million illegal aliens who have NOT been tested for disease. I posted articles about illegals and TB which obviously arent good enough for some. I don't see why that is such a stretch for some of you . How many threads on citidata stay 100% on topic. It is not like I posted something totally opposite.

I hope no one here ever strays even slightly from a topic-or it will be 50 lashes with a wet noodle for you.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:20 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,158,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Gee I am sure no one on here but ME has ever posted articles that while not exactly like the original topic do indeed pertain to the topic raised. What is my punishment-50 lashes with a wet noodle? Deportation?

OK the original article did not state they were illegals. I never said it did nor did I try to say so. The thread discussion took off and I wanted to discuss the increase in diseases that we here have eradicated in the USA and it's relationship to the 20+ million illegal aliens who have NOT been tested for disease. I posted articles about illegals and TB which obviously arent good enough for some. I don't see why that is such a stretch for some of you . How many threads on citidata stay 100% on topic. It is not like I posted something totally opposite.

I hope no one here ever strays even slightly from a topic-or it will be 50 lashes with a wet noodle for you.
Meaning it was hi-jacked? Meaning the thread shouldn't have been put here in the first place? Meaning if you want to make a thread about illegals and TB, no one is stopping anyone and everything would be fine and dandy?

Old 08-28-2008, 02:20 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,574,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post

I don't care if you go off topic, I was simply looking for proof from JDub, which I have still to get. Personally, I don't mind if people go off topic, but I've been bitched at about it before & also been reprimended by mods.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:21 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,572,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
c'mon now. lets just stick to facts. give me some CDC data. DHS, something. and it does not have to be about illegals specifically, but that will provide a strong link to this particular thread/message board.
ill be fine with data on 3rd world people, er i mean peasants.
Quote:
In most industrialized countries, the annual numbers of cases and deaths caused by tuberculosis (TB) have steadily declined over the past century up to the mid-1980s (1,2) (Figure 1). Since then, an increasing number of TB cases in immigrants has reversed this downward trend in countries that have had substantial levels of immigration from areas with a high prevalence of the disease (1,3,4) (Figure 2). Today, the proportion of immigrants among persons reported as having TB exceeds 50% in several European countries, including Denmark, Israel, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, and Switzerland (5). A similar proportion has been predicted for the United States in 2002 (3). In Denmark, the doubling in reported TB cases over the last 15 years has reflected, in large measure, TB in immigrants from Somalia* (6), who also account for a sizeable proportion of TB cases in other European countries and North America (7–11).
CDC - Persistent High Incidence of Tuberculosis in Immigrants in a Low-Incidence Country

Cholera: A Third-World Disease (http://www.redcross.org/news/in/health/010312cholera2.html - broken link)

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/wo...a/31blind.html

Washington Times - Disease, unwanted import

Old 08-28-2008, 02:29 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,415,333 times
Thanks for the links Benicar!

Old 08-28-2008, 02:31 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,480,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
There are outbreaks of Polio in Sadr City, Iraq right now...better be careful when our soldiers come home.
Is this intended to be a joke or something? If so, it is not funny.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Thanks for the links Benicar!
You're quite welcome. Enough of this pro-illegal nonsense!

Old 08-28-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Is this intended to be a joke or something? If so, it is not funny.
This is precisely why it's so difficult to engage in a debate with many pro-illegals. They think everything is fair game for joking. What else can we expect from people who have no regard for anything that isn't illegal?

Old 08-28-2008, 02:36 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,415,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You're quite welcome. Enough of this pro-illegal nonsense!
Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration