Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 11:55 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
What's an epideliogist?
I believe they meant this: epidemiology: Definition from Answers.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 11:56 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
What's an epideliogist?
Quote:
Epidemiologists study the frequency and distribution of diseases within human populations and environments. Specifically, they measure the incidence of disease occurrence and relate it to different characteristics of populations and environments. Epidemiologists perform research, education, and public health practice in universities, government agencies, international organizations, and private corporations.
Epidemiologist

Old 08-28-2008, 12:44 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,669,044 times
you really have no proof that the nurse was illegal.
and very little knowledge of public health apparently.

many many diseases resurge, and not only because of immigration, but also because of travel. aside from soldiers in foreign lands, we have people traveling the world coming in contact with various diseases. they often carry those around.

should we assume they are illegal too? i mean they are harboring diseases eradicated in the US...

just admit that you guys are stretching with this one. there is plenty of doubt to your claim and you guys dont see it. its a very weak argument you guys make.

score one for Karfar & Mrs Stewart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I know I am done with both of them. No matter what proof one provides they don't wish to believe it.
thread over.

and even if the person was found to be illegal(which i doubt), thats not the only way to expose yourself or to communicate diseases. do you guys get that?

Old 08-28-2008, 12:47 PM

i would also like to add that i get routinely tested for TB, not because i deal with illegals, but because i come in contact with individuals who are HIV+ on a weekly basis. i come in contact with injection drug users on a weekly basis as well. most of them are white. or black. they might be illegal. cant really say, well using nic's logic, i probaly could, i dont need proof right?

Old 08-28-2008, 12:59 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,331,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i would also like to add that i get routinely tested for TB, not because i deal with illegals, but because i come in contact with individuals who are HIV+ on a weekly basis. i come in contact with injection drug users on a weekly basis as well. most of them are white. or black. they might be illegal. cant really say, well using nic's logic, i probaly could, i dont need proof right?
Excuse me? I never said no proof was needed. I discussed the fact that there are 20+ million illegal aliens here who have never been tested for disease. I proceded to post two newspaper articles and one journal as proof. Sorry- I guess if the truth hit you in the face you would ignore it as well.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:01 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
While I agree the verdict is still out on the immigration status of the nurse; common sense dictates that the presence of millions of illegal aliens from third-world countries would lend us more susceptible to previously eradicated diseases commonly found in many of these countries. Having millions of unscreened people in this country is indeed a heath hazard. Furthermore, returning soldiers are examined for diseases; thus, there is not as great a threat.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Excuse me? I never said no proof was needed. I discussed the fact that there are 20+ million illegal aliens here who have never been tested for disease. I proceded to post two newspaper articles and one journal as proof. Sorry- I guess if the truth hit you in the face you would ignore it as well.
then start a new thread deary and dont link the SF Article to this. that would make your case a bit stronger. but it still has holes. let that hit you in the face. people travel the world and communicate diseases. thats the way it is.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:07 PM

so should we limit world travel to "3rd world" destinations? screen passengers coming off of flights? that would seem like a solution. its easier than tryin to screen at the border. if the real issue is diseases entering the country, then we should look at the problem as a whole, and not try to pin it on one group in order to further some agenda.

i should have finished my MPH...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
While I agree the verdict is still out on the immigration status of the nurse; common sense dictates that the presence of millions of illegal aliens from third-world countries would lend us more susceptible to previously eradicated diseases commonly found in many of these countries. Having millions of unscreened people in this country is indeed a heath hazard. Furthermore, returning soldiers are examined for diseases; thus, there is not as great a threat.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:08 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,331,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
then start a new thread deary and dont link the SF Article to this. that would make your case a bit stronger. but it still has holes. let that hit you in the face. people travel the world and communicate diseases. thats the way it is.
First of all I am not your "deary" and don't ever call me that again. Second of all-don't tell me what I can or cannot write. I don't need to justify what I write or where I write it to you.

"let that hit me in the face"? Is that a threat?

Old 08-28-2008, 01:15 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
First of all I am not your "deary" and don't ever call me that again. Second of all-don't tell me what I can or cannot write. I don't need to justify what I write or where I write it to you.

"let that hit me in the face"? Is that a threat?
He's answering you by similarily quoting you, remember when you mentioned a story hitting him in the face? Calm down, your blood pressure must be skyrocketing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration