Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 10:28 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,278,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Yes it does. Diseases that have been previously eradicated from the USA are now making a comeback do to illegal aliens.

There have been two seperate articles posted on here about illegal aliens and the comeback of disease.

There has also been an article from a medical journal posted on here with the same conclusion.

Too bad when proof is thrown right in front of some people's eyes- they refuse to see it.

But then again many on this board somehow think illegal alien means you are really legal and have a right to be here so whatever.
Which medical journal are you referring to? My husband is in the medical field and I would like to look it up on Medline. Thank you for sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 10:28 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,484,616 times
Maybe we could have a mod either move this thread to an appropriate forum, and move it back here if in fact further details emerging will support JDubs' supposition.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:29 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,341,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Which medical journal are you referring to? My husband is in the medical field and I would like to look it up on Medline. Thank you for sharing.
Page three of this thread has a link in my post.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I wil read it.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
I just "scanned" the article and the first thing that jumped out at me was the fact that an attorney wrote the article, not a doctor.

Also, there is still no proof from anyone the hospital worker was an illegal immigrant. If this is the case, then maybe it would be a political/controversy issue. I just can't jump on the bandwagon to blame the immigration issue on TB outbreaks in this case if there is no proof.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:39 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,587,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I just "scanned" the article and the first thing that jumped out at me was the fact that an attorney wrote the article, not a doctor.

Also, there is still no proof from anyone the hospital worker was an illegal immigrant. If this is the case, then maybe it would be a political/controversy issue. I just can't jump on the bandwagon to blame the immigration issue on TB outbreaks in this case if there is no proof.
A lawyer? Classic! And don't expect the proof, there is none. It's all based on heresay, which at the end of the day, gets you nowhere.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
A lawyer? Classic! And don't expect the proof, there is none. It's all based on heresay, which at the end of the day, gets you nowhere.
Whatever

How about the newspaper articles that state they were infact illegal aliens? How about the fact that these diseases were eradicated in the USA? Now we have 20+ million people here who have not gone under any type of medical screening like legal immigrants have to. Gee a HUGE invasion of illegal people corresponding with a comeback of diseases. HMM. I google and find pages upon pages of newspaper articles about illegals and T.B.

I have posted 3 articles and I also posted about my father in law's experience when he was being diagnosed with cancer. I don't need any more proof.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Whatever

How about the newspaper articles that state they were infact illegal aliens? How about the fact that these diseases were eradicated in the USA? Now we have 20+ million people here who have not gone under any type of medical screening like legal immigrants have to. Gee a HUGE invasion of illegal people corresponding with a comeback of diseases. HMM. I google and find pages upon pages of newspaper articles about illegals and T.B.

I have posted 3 articles and I also posted about my father in law's experience when he was being diagnosed with cancer. I don't need any more proof.
Newspapers write things all the time...it does not mean the information is accurate. Which newspapers have stated the worker was an illegal immigrant? If this information is true, guaranteed the hospital will be looking at some trouble.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:54 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,587,311 times
Quote:
Whatever

Whatever? Nice response If you're going to come up w/a "source", try to make it a believable source, not some lawyer w/an agenda. Oh & by the way, this thread is about a nurse in San Francisco. I notice that still no one has found any evidence that she was illegal. Nor has anyone posted the so-called evidence they read that points towards her being an illegal. Interesting.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:55 AM

So I am supposed to believe that:

20+ million ILLEGAL aliens who were not tested for any disease are in fact disease free and are not bringing any diseases here to a country that eliminated those diseases.

Legal Immigrants-who are tested for disease and Americans who live in a country that-until recently-had eraticated most of these diseases are the cause of T.B, Polio and other diseases making a comback.

If I believe that I might as well subscribe to the other Pro-illegal logic such as

Illegal alien = legally allowed to be here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration