Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2007, 12:43 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,396,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
I personally have known quite a few very hard working hispanics that have assimmilated and are doing quite well. I have no problem with those who are here legally and are willing to live our lifestyle and not expect the country to bend to suit their needs and wants.
I too know some that are here working hard tying to fit in with life styles, while on their journey to being Americans. They aren't the ones that bother me, the ones that want to live their lives as Americans.

The ones that bother me are the ones that come here, stay here, and want to be here illegally and that's that. Then they want to commit horrible crimes, drain the economy of where they are. Then if anything happens, get deported just to come back and do it all again because they can. Those are the ones that bother me.

If you come here, work hard and want to be considered an American. Knock off this Caucasian American, Black American, African American, Hispanic American stuff. That's just putting people into categories. If you come here work hard and want to become an AMERICAN and live your life as an AMERICAN, and contribute to AMERICA, because we the people love AMERICA, then by all means are you welcome to come and enjoy our country.

However if you just want to come here and make it worse for others, regardless who you are. Don't even bother. And that goes for everyone, even the people who live here.

There is a big difference between being tired of the wave of illegals that just want to feed on the system and never give back and perspiring Americans, that want to live life with other Americans, because they have something what they would like to have. A little bit of happiness.

However, as it stands right now with the predicaments that this country is in, we really need to stop the immigration into this country until we can get back on track. Unfortunately I know this affects the ones that want to be here legally, but it happens, there is just too much going on in the world that America thinks it still has to be the world police once again, that now America needs to focus on restoring its once former self.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2007, 01:13 PM

178 posts, read 735,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroquoispliskin View Post
I too know some that are here working hard tying to fit in with life styles, while on their journey to being Americans. They aren't the ones that bother me, the ones that want to live their lives as Americans.

The ones that bother me are the ones that come here, stay here, and want to be here illegally and that's that. Then they want to commit horrible crimes, drain the economy of where they are. Then if anything happens, get deported just to come back and do it all again because they can. Those are the ones that bother me.

If you come here, work hard and want to be considered an American. Knock off this Caucasian American, Black American, African American, Hispanic American stuff. That's just putting people into categories. If you come here work hard and want to become an AMERICAN and live your life as an AMERICAN, and contribute to AMERICA, because we the people love AMERICA, then by all means are you welcome to come and enjoy our country.

However if you just want to come here and make it worse for others, regardless who you are. Don't even bother. And that goes for everyone, even the people who live here.

There is a big difference between being tired of the wave of illegals that just want to feed on the system and never give back and perspiring Americans, that want to live life with other Americans, because they have something what they would like to have. A little bit of happiness.

However, as it stands right now with the predicaments that this country is in, we really need to stop the immigration into this country until we can get back on track. Unfortunately I know this affects the ones that want to be here legally, but it happens, there is just too much going on in the world that America thinks it still has to be the world police once again, that now America needs to focus on restoring its once former self.
Immigration just from Mexico or everywhere? There are alot of muslims
in New York... where would you stop? Just curious.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by la quinta family View Post
Immigration just from Mexico or everywhere? There are alot of muslims
in New York... where would you stop? Just curious.
Everywhere. This country just needs to stop it plain and simple for now.

Because like I said, there are too many things that this country needs to focus on right now to worry about an influx from every other place in the world.

Rising poverty, health care costs, this that and everything else, I don't really know as I don't live on my own yet.

Sorry for anyone thinking I'm just talking about one country.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:25 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And therein lies the root of my argument... you only care about their waving of flags when the wavers have brown skin, right? And you all claim it's just an "immigration issue" - riiiiiight.
Hey, do you have any pix of Irish Americans holding up signs saying "Boston belongs to Ireland"? Any of Irish Americans demanding our government to stop enforcing the laws of our country? Any of Irish Americans demanding Celtic be number three on the 'press 1 for English; press 2 for Spanish' tapes?

Therein lies the difference.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Hey, do you have any pix of Irish Americans holding up signs saying "Boston belongs to Ireland"? Any of Irish Americans demanding our government to stop enforcing the laws of our country? Any of Irish Americans demanding Celtic be number three on the 'press 1 for English; press 2 for Spanish' tapes?

Therein lies the difference.
Okay, sorry if I offend anyone,
but even when you press one for English. You normally don't get that!

lol.

Sorry.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yes, but they're also not getting benefits, social security, and everything else you get in return for paying taxes. Trust me, I know all about this, since about half of my current income is cash... perfectly legal, mind you. (I tutor, pet-sit & teach private music lessons for extra $$)
Why should they get social security and benefits if they aren't even citizens???

Old 02-04-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
So I'm just wondering... I'm wondering if you all on this forum
dislike just illegal aliens who come and abuse the system or
you dislike any hispanic... even the legal ones who work hard
and work at learning english. I'm not being sarcastic... it's
confusing since it seems there is so much passion and borderline
hatred in this forum.
No, I don't hate anyone. I have all different kinds of friends. I have a Sunni friend, and she is married to a ****e. I have Jewish friends. I have black friends, etc. I don't like lawbreakers, though, and people who take advantage of my tax dollars. If I need hospitalization, I have to pay for it. If an illegal alien needs it, they don't pay, just give a fake name and they are gone. I resent having to do the 'press 1 for English... This is America and English is the language.

Too many people confuse 'immigrants' with 'illegal aliens'. As a matter of fact, people who defend the lawbreakers refuse to call them 'illegal' and only use the word 'immigrant'. That definitely clouds the issue.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:50 PM

Quote:
No, I don't hate anyone. I have all different kinds of friends. I have a Sunni friend, and she is married to a ****e. I have Jewish friends. I have black friends, etc. I don't like lawbreakers, though, and people who take advantage of my tax dollars. If I need hospitalization, I have to pay for it. If an illegal alien needs it, they don't pay, just give a fake name and they are gone. I resent having to do the 'press 1 for English... This is America and English is the language.

Too many people confuse 'immigrants' with 'illegal aliens'. As a matter of fact, people who defend the lawbreakers refuse to call them 'illegal' and only use the word 'immigrant'. That definitely clouds the issue.
Wow! I can't believe that word was censored! It's S h i t e or 'shia" if that will get through. Anyway, my friend is Turkish and her husband is Iranian.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
So I'm just wondering... I'm wondering if you all on this forum
dislike just illegal aliens who come and abuse the system or
you dislike any hispanic... even the legal ones who work hard
and work at learning english. I'm not being sarcastic... it's
confusing since it seems there is so much passion and borderline
hatred in this forum.
Oh, yeah. I have an uncle who came from Guatamala, too.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Wow! I can't believe that word was censored! It's S h i t e or 'shia" if that will get through. Anyway, my friend is Turkish and her husband is Iranian.
lol that's actually spelled Shiite.

What you spelled was, if I took a ****e in a bag and left it on a door rang the door bell and ran would that be funny?

And I'm just poking a bit of fun! Don't take it the wrong way!

Last edited by Ronzou; 02-04-2007 at 02:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration