Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2007, 08:34 AM

30,372 posts, read 51,986,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Born with less, how do you know what I was born with? I was raised on a farm, we had to get up sometimes at four to do the harvest and go to school, come back and work. We were NEVER rich, never had insurance either but never took handouts or worked any system..

I still cant afford health insurance for us, we had to use our house to pay a huge medical bill, then had to sell the home because we couldnt afford the new payment. How is that fair? We cant walk away from medical bills, or our credit and perhaps way of life will be ruined. I cant give false SS# and false address. I am an america I would be hunted down like a dog. My daughter recently had hand surgery, cost 7000 so we are on a payment plan. 150.00 a month. Why cant they? Because that would be called responsibility for ones own. Yea I am irritated about being jipped by our own citizens, why should I have to be jipped by people that dont belong here as well? Oh by the way since you know me so well, how much money do I make?
Yes, but as an American citizen, you have access to benefits and government help... which illegal immigrants generally don't. Obviously not all Americans have it "easy", but even our poorest people are still better off than many in third-world countries. I've been to international slums, and our homeless in San Francisco are practically living like kings compared to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 08:36 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,678,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yes, but as an American citizen, you have access to benefits and government help... which illegal immigrants generally don't. Obviously not all Americans have it "easy", but even our poorest people are still better off than many in third-world countries. I've been to international slums, and our homeless in San Francisco are practically living like kings compared to them.
You dont have access to it if you make 2000 more a year than their cut off. I know we tried. And why am I responsible for them and my family?

Old 02-06-2007, 08:36 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,470,039 times
If you were born in poverty as well, then why the repeated attacks on illegal immigrants not paying for certain necessities. You came from a less fortunate background, but don't realize a human in poverty is still a human regardless of legal or illegal status. I feel terrible for you and your family. Sometimes we think we are poor, but when you cross the border(la frontera), your life is changed. Come with me to Tijuana, it will scare the daylights out of you.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:37 AM

178 posts, read 735,457 times
Quote:
Born with less, how do you know what I was born with? I was raised on a farm, we had to get up sometimes at four to do the harvest and go to school, come back and work. We were NEVER rich, never had insurance either but never took handouts or worked any system..

I still cant afford health insurance for us, we had to use our house to pay a huge medical bill, then had to sell the home because we couldnt afford the new payment. How is that fair? We cant walk away from medical bills, or our credit and perhaps way of life will be ruined. I cant give false SS# and false address. I am an america I would be hunted down like a dog. My daughter recently had hand surgery, cost 7000 so we are on a payment plan. 150.00 a month. Why cant they? Because that would be called responsibility for ones own. Yea I am irritated about being jipped by our own citizens, why should I have to be jipped by people that dont belong here as well? Oh by the way since you know me so well, how much money do I make?
It's not the illegals ,it's the freaking business owners that are causing
this mess. WHere is the outrage on your local farm owner...
huh? I see... the farmers and business owners are escaping all
blame. So... why shoudn't they keep hiring illegals. They are
getting away with it. They have a sweet deal. Keep making
huge profits on capitolizing on illegals and have the american
public keep blaming the illegals. Oh and we tax payers pay for their
medical... so they don't pay for that..Sweet deal mr. local farmer man...
yup, when will the public wake up smell the coffee. I think I'll become a farmer and
rip you all off all the way to the bank. After all... you won't even put two and
two together.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:37 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,480,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Why are some of you folks so focused on this issue?! They don't make as much money as you after its all said and done, regardless of necessary services. Your complaining about being jipped from someone who comes from a less fortunate nation and was born with less than you, and has less than you.
Do you understand the concept of a 'nation'? Do you understand the concept of 'borders'? You seem to think that anyone from any foreign country is free to illegaly enter the US and receive benefits intended for US citizens. Do you understand that the entire Third World cannot set up housekeeping in the US? Do you understand that if they do, our social sevices, infrastucture, health system, education system, system of laws will collapse and we Americans will now be living in a Third world country?

Old 02-06-2007, 08:38 AM

Quote:
What about those of us citizens that cannot afford insurance? Should we be given that assistance as well? I am glad you are so fortunate, but not every american is.
There was a time when I couldn't afford insurance, so I took advantage of the health clinics, which are open to anyone with ID. They also have options for the less fortunate, like my mother's friend who got on medicaid (I think that's what it is?)... he has absolutely no money to speak of, and was still able to receive the basic healthcare that's needed. He's had 4 open-heart surgeries recently, and didn't have to pay a penny, as far as I know. Now I'm not saying our healthcare system is perfect, and in fact I believe it's FAR from it... but we still have more than many countries & undocumented residents.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:39 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,470,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by la quinta family View Post
public keep blaming the illegals. Sweet deal mr. local farmer man...
yup, when will the public smell the coffee.
That's not necessarily true, there are good people who hire illegal immigrants because they have a heart for them, and I'm one of them.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by la quinta family View Post
public keep blaming the illegals. Sweet deal mr. local farmer man...
yup, when will the public smell the coffee.
I am mad at BOTH. We never hired illegals. the business owners need stiff punishment and the illegals as well, they BOTH know what they are doing is wrong. BOTH do not care.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
That's not necessarily true, there are good people who hire illegal immigrants because they have a heart for them, and I'm one of them.
Where's your heart for the american family that lost it's job and home that are sleeping in cars? Do you hire them as well? I know a few that could use the work. Most illegals have homes.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
You dont have access to it if you make 2000 more a year than their cut off. I know we tried. And why am I responsible for them and my family?
I didn't say you are... it's the government's business to provide them with healthcare, and I still don't see how it affects you directly. I've never paid for them, have you? And before you say it, taxes go toward lots of people, not just illegal immigrants - they also help the less fortunate citizens who are uninsured. Besides, my taxes go to a LOT of things I might not agree with, but that's the price you pay for the benefits that are received.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration