Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 03:06 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,754,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I didn't either until I did some research about it. There are plenty of sources out there that can give you the story the Bush White House doesn't want you to know...
Id like to see that source. I personally doubt that a law officer can fire his weapon, and just verbally report it.

We all know how bureaucratic these things work. This case being an example of when an actual report would be pretty helpful.

It doesn't make sense to say, "oh, yeah, they told me they shot at someone. Its all good." when the story becomes a big deal.

Did the supervisors who claim to have recieved a verbal report make a report themselves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 03:39 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
Quote:
The National Border Patrol Council is extremely disappointed that the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit upheld seven of the twelve charges against Border Patrol Agents Ignacio Ramos and José Compean, including one with a mandatory minimum sentence of ten years for discharging a firearm during the commission of a crime of violence. (The Court threw out all of the obstruction of justice charges stemming from the agents’ failure to report the discharge of their firearms and alleged cover-up.)
National Border Patrol Council » Ramos / Compean

Old 09-13-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
I looked at it briefly and couldnt find what I wanted. I want to see an elaboration on thier take of what happened, what caused them to believe they were still in danger. If he was running away, he was no danger.

I think the wound itself is pretty crucial. Dude got shot in the ass.
If it had been in the front shoulder, or anywhere in the front, even if the guy died, they wouldve had a better case. But they basically shot him the back. I dont know how they can spin that in their favor.
I dont think its any conspiracy. Theres strict laws on that kind of stuff.

I also didnt see the info about a 'verbal report' and how thats acceptable. Thats makes it look bad in front of the jury. And as far as the info thats out there, it makes it look like a cover up. An illegal gets shot and ends up in Mexico. Who's gonna know, right?

Thing is, I personally know a couple of people in the Border Patrol, and friends they might be, I still have some insight on the behavior and attitudes of some of the Border Patrol. Even the Latino ones. I don't personally put it past some Border Patrol agents to do things they can get away with. Not ALL of them. Not even MOST of them. But theres some of that kind of mentality in there.

Maybe theres more info out there to shed light on this, but I havent seen it yet.

Maybe they need to consult LAPD, and Inglewood PD who've been killing all kinds of unarmed minorities lately and getting off the hook. I guess the Border Patrol doesn't have that kind of clout to get away with this stuff.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:15 PM

391 posts, read 872,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
I think in time you will agree with me and embrace the rich culture and diversity we offer.

I hope you read my posts with an objective and open mind . I still know your kidding and don't mean what you say.

Sweet thing dont be so trusting. Jdub is not your friend she is fishing for info to hang you with

Old 09-13-2008, 04:25 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
Quote:
According to Bonner, the entrance wound was on the left side of Aldrete-Davilawas's left buttock, and the bullet was found in his right side. That entry wound is not consistent with someone fleeing. Rather, it looks like someone taking the "bladed stance," pointing a gun at someone.

The stance would come from someone firing a gun in his left hand. Bonner says Aldrete-Davila is, in fact, left-handed. Still, the prosecutor, described by Rep. Ted Poe (R-Texas), as overzealous, continued to believe Aldrete-Davila's scenario.
AMW.com | "Victim" In Border Agent Case Convicted of Drug Smuggling

Evidently the charge of shooting Aldrete-Davila in the back is a load of crap, too.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
AMW.com | "Victim" In Border Agent Case Convicted of Drug Smuggling

Evidently the charge of shooting Aldrete-Davila in the back is a load of crap, too.
Did they report being attacked or did that only come out after they were being charged?
Theres still something wrong about this. They need to investigate it more, but it just doesnt make sense.

The "verbal report" sounds like BS. Nothing official is ever done "verbally".

In that link, it says Ramos is being attacked in prison. I cant believe they aren't in special custody. Usually police officers who go to jail are seperated from the gp. Crazy.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:20 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
Sweet thing dont be so trusting. Jdub is not your friend she is fishing for info to hang you with
Hey chey2u good to see you posting. And I agree with your post.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:11 PM

Sorry Sassy that I haven't been here tho have your back as they say. I was injured pretty bad. An out of control student knocked me to the pavement. I am mending but it makes it difficult to sit when working one on one with my students. I often have to take breaks and move around. You know kids they do demand your full attention and the one that nailed me felt like he was doing the old football tackle. oh well.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I looked at it briefly and couldnt find what I wanted. I want to see an elaboration on thier take of what happened, what caused them to believe they were still in danger. If he was running away, he was no danger.

I think the wound itself is pretty crucial. Dude got shot in the ass.
If it had been in the front shoulder, or anywhere in the front, even if the guy died, they wouldve had a better case. But they basically shot him the back. I dont know how they can spin that in their favor.
I dont think its any conspiracy. Theres strict laws on that kind of stuff.

I also didnt see the info about a 'verbal report' and how thats acceptable. Thats makes it look bad in front of the jury. And as far as the info thats out there, it makes it look like a cover up. An illegal gets shot and ends up in Mexico. Who's gonna know, right?

Thing is, I personally know a couple of people in the Border Patrol, and friends they might be, I still have some insight on the behavior and attitudes of some of the Border Patrol. Even the Latino ones. I don't personally put it past some Border Patrol agents to do things they can get away with. Not ALL of them. Not even MOST of them. But theres some of that kind of mentality in there.

Maybe theres more info out there to shed light on this, but I havent seen it yet.

Maybe they need to consult LAPD, and Inglewood PD who've been killing all kinds of unarmed minorities lately and getting off the hook. I guess the Border Patrol doesn't have that kind of clout to get away with this stuff.

This killing is the kind of thing that has many of us up in arms. It happens alot. Vigilante type stuff. Very little gets out to the public but many help groups find out about it and often the ugly way.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:33 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
This killing is the kind of thing that has many of us up in arms. It happens alot. Vigilante type stuff. Very little gets out to the public but many help groups find out about it and often the ugly way.
What killing? Obviously, you don't know the details of this incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration