Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 05:51 PM

112 posts, read 425,365 times

Advertisements

"Illegal immigration IS A CRIME. Period. Just like stealing a car, breaking into a private house is against the law, crossing our borders is also against the law. That makes automatically all these millions, CRIMINALS. And as criminals, they deserve to be severily punished."

Hiring illegals is a CRIME. Punishing the illegals themselves won't work, they will just come back. Punishing the BUSINESSES that hire them would work if the punishments were enforced. If businesses had to pay A LOT for EACH immigrant they were caught with or if the business owners were jailed or the business closed down, they would STOP hiring them. If they stopped hiring them, the illegals would stop coming. It is that simple. Businesses won't get punished because business OWNS our government, we are no longer a government by the people but are a government by the businesses. Fining and jailing BUSINESS owners that hire illegals would stop the problem in its tracks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 11:37 PM

8,051 posts, read 10,646,271 times
If illegal aliens just want to do the jobs supposedly "won't do", why are so many of them on public assistance?

Old 06-08-2007, 07:45 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,470,362 times
I went to the store and there were three mexicans. It wasn't but a few minutes and here come the police. Next day in the paper they were all held and turned over to the border patrol. Now thta's what I call looking out for America! Montana is great!

Old 06-08-2007, 07:46 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,190,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcaranda View Post
Who do you think will do the jobs if "illegals" and I hate using that word b/c they are people, leave...UMMM....NO ONE!!!
You are confused about the way America runs it's country. If illegals were not here for cheap wages and some Americans using them as common slaves these jobs would get done. We don't need everyone from other countries helping us out. Our lower class people have figured welfare keeps them from picking fruit and hotel work.
To let you in on a secret I am 45 and do housecleaning yeah scrubbing toilets, so don't tell me Americans don't do these jobs we do!!!!

Old 06-08-2007, 07:59 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,470,362 times
There is not one Mexical living anywhere around where I live and every job gets done. How does that happen??

Old 06-08-2007, 08:02 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,190,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 525600minutes View Post
True, they will. But what consumer wants to pay $20 for a head of lettuce because the American worker would require a higher pay rate? Or 2x the cost of a house because labor rates our higher? We can't have our cake and eat it too...we either get low cost items with imported labor or high cost items with domestic labor...assuming all things are equal and there is the national price floor on the domestic cost of labor that is the minimum wage. Don't take my word for it...go read some Freidman.
It's called work visa. In the 70's our area would see a large immigration during nut season they would pick for 5-6 months and be on their way back home. What has changed??? They would rather stay here and receive welfare benefits and the pot grows better in the States then Mexico!!!! Their here for work not ALL!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-09-2007, 10:14 PM

7 posts, read 14,386 times
Work is work, whether a legal citizen or an illegal alien does it. The problem here is who will do it the same or better for less pay, hence the problem we have as Americans & immigration.

It is not the working American or illegal alien that started this problem, it is American business that started this problem. Stop this undying American greed & interest & demand & requirement for "cheap labor" & the problem will end. You think?

Old 06-09-2007, 10:37 PM

7 posts, read 14,386 times
Nea1: Stop American greed & interest & its demand & requirement for "cheap labor" & the immigration problem will end. You think? Believe me when I tell you, this is not "Working America's" problem nor the illegal alien's problem. This has to do with good old American economics & business & who can do the same job for less. THIS IS THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM. This is why they are still here, because America is not willing to not deal with "cheap labor". Ths is why America sends its work overseas & into Latin America, IT'S CHEAP!!! Beat this & you will have beat the immigration problem.

The problem is that American business will not give up cheap labor, no matter what. Hence your problem.

Don't blame the illegal alien any longer for the way they live in your neighborhood. The vast majority of them come from very very humble beginnings. They don't see themselves ever really reaching the status of most middle-class Americans & despair takes over their lives & live & die that way.

However, I point out, I know many who have successfully assimilated & have successful businesses & lives. If you don't know any it's probably because you live in an area where there are few of them to make an accurate assessment.

If you live in KY chances are you know a few of them that have a set idea of life that clashes with our way of life. To that I say, "stop American greed & interets & its demand & requirement for "cheap labor" & the problem will end. You think?

Old 06-11-2007, 11:46 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,676,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 747air View Post
Nea1: Stop American greed & interest & its demand & requirement for "cheap labor" & the immigration problem will end. You think? Believe me when I tell you, this is not "Working America's" problem nor the illegal alien's problem. This has to do with good old American economics & business & who can do the same job for less. THIS IS THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM. This is why they are still here, because America is not willing to not deal with "cheap labor". Ths is why America sends its work overseas & into Latin America, IT'S CHEAP!!! Beat this & you will have beat the immigration problem.

The problem is that American business will not give up cheap labor, no matter what. Hence your problem.

Don't blame the illegal alien any longer for the way they live in your neighborhood. The vast majority of them come from very very humble beginnings. They don't see themselves ever really reaching the status of most middle-class Americans & despair takes over their lives & live & die that way.

However, I point out, I know many who have successfully assimilated & have successful businesses & lives. If you don't know any it's probably because you live in an area where there are few of them to make an accurate assessment.

If you live in KY chances are you know a few of them that have a set idea of life that clashes with our way of life. To that I say, "stop American greed & interets & its demand & requirement for "cheap labor" & the problem will end. You think?

I agree with the business greed end of it. but I do also blame them, no one forces them to break our laws. Also I Do blame them for the way they live in our neighborhoods. Just because you are poor doesnt mean you need to live like scum and destroy.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:07 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,676,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPONGE4LIFE View Post
You have reached the Pinacle of Ignorance. There are plenty of spots in the United States where I could find you some real hick white folks who live like "scum" and "destroy" their neighborhood.
Nope sorry no ignorance here. We are not talking about our own citizens are we?! No we have to put up with our own, but sorry, we dont need more crap from people that dont belong. What does being a hick have to do with it anyway that sounds "ignorant" and "stereotyping" to me!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration