Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2007, 07:54 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,168,640 times

Advertisements

Still have to put blame on the Businesses as well as the Law Breaking Illegals

How can I or my Husband work for low pay. We have children, we need health insurance, we own a house, you know trying to live our American Dream. There's no way we can work for cheaper pay. If businesses keep doing this, it's going to hurt the American Citizens, wait, it already is.......

I went to A&W yesterday for a quick lunch. The person who took my order couldn't understand what I was ordering. Isn't that sad, that a place that gets lots of traffic, can't hire someone who understands English very well. That's a problem I encounter often where I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2007, 08:00 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times
Wages in construction used to be pretty good, framers were making 15-18 bucks an hour. All that changed.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:02 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,468,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Still have to put blame on the Businesses as well as the Law Breaking Illegals

How can I or my Husband work for low pay. We have children, we need health insurance, we own a house, you know trying to live our American Dream. There's no way we can work for cheaper pay. If businesses keep doing this, it's going to hurt the American Citizens, wait, it already is.......

I went to A&W yesterday for a quick lunch. The person who took my order couldn't understand what I was ordering. Isn't that sad, that a place that gets lots of traffic, can't hire someone who understands English very well. That's a problem I encounter often where I am.

Yeah, they are to blame. But, some illegals feel it's a personal obligation to cross the border to provide better for them and their families. Not every employer is an evil monster, they will hire American Citizens for positive wages.

Really. First off, I'd like to say I'm sorry for you folks. Are you fighting for jobs with illegal immigrants?! You mean they apply at the Office you work at, like 20 of them in the parking lot waiting for your boss to arrive just like Home Depot. Be more specific about your problem, and I'll understand what your talking about.

I'm sorry it's tough on you, but I think some people could care less. I think spending three minutes out of my daily life to help an individual who doesn't speak English with my order is not to strenous.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:11 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,168,640 times
Quote:
I'm sorry it's tough on you, but I think some people could care less. I think spending three minutes out of my daily life to help an individual who doesn't speak English with my order is not to strenous.
It is a problem, when I'm on a schedule and have only a certain time for Lunch. I'ts a problem when I have to hand back my order because they messed it up not understand what I was saying.

You say some care less that it's tough on me? Well, Like the illegals, why should I care about them? I'm trying to provide my family with a good life, as you claim they're trying to do, why don't you care about the people who' are legal citizens?

Old 02-09-2007, 08:15 AM

People really need to explain the double standards some of you express on here!! Why in the hell should I have to take time to explain something in great detail to someone (that shouldnt be here) that doesnt understand my language, and apparently some believe shouldnt have to learn our language, yet I am suppose to learn theirs to communicate?!?! They are the ones that shouldnt be here illegally, THEY should be doing everything they can to assimulate, if thats is their goal, which I believe for most it isnt, why do I have to change for them? Why cant they?

Old 02-09-2007, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
It is a problem, when I'm on a schedule and have only a certain time for Lunch. I'ts a problem when I have to hand back my order because they messed it up not understand what I was saying.

You say some care less that it's tough on me? Well, Like the illegals, why should I care about them? I'm trying to provide my family with a good life, as you claim they're trying to do, why don't you care about the people who' are legal citizens?
In California we have an hour lunch, I have enough time to speak to an illegal criminal for three minutes and I tell the woman if she wants any chance to hang in my country she's got to learn English, even though in secret I can't stand her presence in my nation. After I've spent 3 long minutes, I have 47 more minute to haul A$$ and eat my food so I won't get fired, because I remember their are the illegals in the parking lot of my office job waiting for my boss to arrive to manhandle him for a job.

Yeah, why should we care about them?! They aren't human, they're just illegal. They have no feelings. Only Americans provide for their families, to everyone else it's a new trend. All those poor Americans, looking for the cheapest jobs competing with illegals, that's right I forgot, there are no other jobs that only require a G.E.D. Those darn illegals, they can't even receive a G.E.D., they don't know no dog gawn English.

I needed a laugh!

Old 02-09-2007, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
In California we have an hour lunch, I have enough time to speak to an illegal criminal for three minutes and I tell the woman if she wants any chance to hang in my country she's got to learn English, even though in secret I can't stand her presence in my nation. After I've spent 3 long minutes, I have 47 more minute to haul A$$ and eat my food so I won't get fired, because I remember their are the illegals in the parking lot of my office job waiting for my boss to arrive to manhandle him for a job.

Yeah, why should we care about them?! They aren't human, they're just illegal. They have no feelings. Only Americans provide for their families, to everyone else it's a new trend. All those poor Americans, looking for the cheapest jobs competing with illegals, that's right I forgot, there are no other jobs that only require a G.E.D. Those darn illegals, they can't even receive a G.E.D., they don't know no dog gawn English.

I needed a laugh!

I thought you said you were a pizza delivery guy? Didnt know that was an office job. Oh and if you are referring to us, you are delusional if you think everyone sits on their butts for eight hours. You havent learned much about life yet.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
People really need to explain the double standards some of you express on here!! Why in the hell should I have to take time to explain something in great detail to someone (that shouldnt be here) that doesnt understand my language, and apparently some believe shouldnt have to learn our language, yet I am suppose to learn theirs to communicate?!?! They are the ones that shouldnt be here illegally, THEY should be doing everything they can to assimulate, if thats is their goal, which I believe for most it isnt, why do I have to change for them? Why cant they?
Gosh Dawnet...You brought up a dang good point! Them Home Depot Illegal Crossers don't know no English, you tell 'dem to give out my handicap spot and the darn peeps just jump in my fouw by fouw, they waste me a good two minutes. When I'm at Jimmy's trying to get me a Vanilla Shake with the Special Bacon Burger, they waste my five whole precious valuable minutes of my time. Don't 'dem little rascals see our flag, we don't habla espanol, we habla Ingles. I finally get home afterz a long day of communicado with these handicap folks, I need myself a cold beer. I sit down and drink that beer, and see almost Christmas Tree Colors and I know it ain't no Christmas Time. I peek through the blinds, and see again some more 'dem illegals putin' up a Mexican Flag, GOSH DAWNET, that's Final. I sneak out from my wife's bed at 2 in the morning and get out my great Red, White, and Blue, American Flag, WHHHEEwwwwwwyyyyy! I head outside and take down that Mexican Flag and put up that American FLag on them Illegals' property, when I realize these folks ain't harmin' me one little bit.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I thought you said you were a pizza delivery guy? Didnt know that was an office job. Oh and if you are referring to us, you are delusional if you think everyone sits on their butts for eight hours. You havent learned much about life yet.
I used to work in an office for six months, I fought off on average fifteen illegal immigrants a day for my job. I always asked my boss on how I was doing, and if I needed to speed up my work, because I was afraid of the illegals outside taking my job. They would try to sneak into the office and work in my desk space, so I clearly stated I was calling ICE, that exterminated those little rascals.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:48 AM

you have no valid argument and you completely skirt the questions, you never give valid points you just come back with really weak sarcasim. If I wanted to argue with a child I would argue with my 18 year old, whom obviously has more life expereince than you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration