Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 09:07 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,190,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfecttan01 View Post
My children work every day after school and on weekends, even the youngest.
The older ones if they don't work they don't get gas money to drive, the younger loses their allowance.
I have never had a problem, start them when they are young, it becomes a way of life.
For some of us it is the way of life and you know nothing else. I happen to live in a resort area were people have money and you ought to see what some of these kids drive at 14. We had one girl driving too fast and rolled her BMW what did her parents do the next day bought her a better one. My son at age 16 knew a kid that his parents bought him a Lexus SUV 3 weeks later totaled it into a tree. What's that a $60,000.00 car!!

My kids started doing chores at a very young age and I thought nothing about it because it's what my sister and I did. They usually take 1/2- 1 hr a day or every other day. My girlfriend came over and I mentioned as soon as the chores were done we could get going her kids were 12 &14 and she said" wow my kids don't even know what chores are maybe I should have them start doing them" She went home a few days later and called and said " they think I'm crazy that they should help take out the garbage and clean their rooms"!!
Your right if you don't start young it isn't going to happen when they are teenagers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2007, 09:12 AM

109 posts, read 210,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfecttan01 View Post
My children work every day after school and on weekends, even the youngest.
The older ones if they don't work they don't get gas money to drive, the younger loses their allowance.
I have never had a problem, start them when they are young, it becomes a way of life.
I forgot to add.
My children work on the farm for me, I forgot to add that in months when school is out they get 1 day a week off, Sunday.
My children have never been in trouble, I have never had a problem with them, working keeps them occupied.
My wife is from southwest Texas, she was raised on farm work there, she cuts no slack.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:27 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,470,831 times
I believe the reoccuring anger towards illegal immigrants crossing the border, is a lack of communication with illegal immigrants or legal immigrants and understanding the situation from a new perspective.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:29 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,681,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I believe the reoccuring anger towards illegal immigrants crossing the border, is a lack of communication with illegal immigrants or legal immigrants and understanding the situation from a new perspective.
I have more than plenty of conversations with them on a daily basis thanks. I dont think I want to hear anymore. Most of it pisses me off.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:31 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,609,591 times
UB50, pushcart food vending is as illegal as its pushcart pushers. Uninspected food sales is a third world practice that insures the "tourista" one finds abroad, whereas people from all over the world can consume American food, innately healthy or even not so, at least without fear of instant food poisioning.

In Los Angeles, the pushcart people are supplied with the carts and the food from organized centers that are appalling in their lack of sanitation. When our local police raid these centers, they find vats of cheese without lids outside under trees, replete with bird droppings, etc. etc.

Some customers uniformly are hoodwinked by fake sellers' IDs and even fake FDA approval, which does not exist in our country for pushcarts lacking safe and legal means to heat or chill food to prevent spoilage. (There is a huge difference between legal hot dogs on a grill vendors and chilled sandwich vendors, and the customary homemade pushcart with nothing in it.) Other customers where I live are so ardent about replicating every aspect of the country that they left, no matter what the corresponding American law, that they will always patronize them to prove that they haven't "succumbed" to American food sanitation practices and hence the hated gringo.

The pro-illegal immigrants' lobby fabricated a loophole to strangle police from arresting them (I won't reveal publicly) so now, in Los Angeles, the biggest source of food poisoning in school age children is food from pushcart people. This info comes from my local Valley police station.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:33 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,470,831 times
That's too bad, I've had some very pleasant coversations with them. We all have different experiences I guess.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:36 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,681,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
That's too bad, I've had some very pleasant coversations with them. We all have different experiences I guess.
Oh I have met some good ones, they are really trying to become legal. But most I have talked with are here to use what we have and then go home, most that I have dealt with ( in the high hundreds) dont think much of us or America. My dealings with them is mostly what has turned me off to them.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:49 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,747,656 times
The jobs that the pro illegal people are talking about are the farm workers, dishwashers, lawn care, or any unskilled job.
The facts are that these jobs might be taken by illegals when they arrive they soon take jobs in, construction, factories that require more skill, but not necessarily higher education. These jobs without question are jobs that Americans, do and have always done, but no American can afford to work for the lower wager that illegals will work for.
That being said, lets allow all illegals to stay here, but they can only work in jobs that no American will do. That would limit them to work in farms, lawn care and washing dishes. Works for me.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:15 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,445,011 times
Two points to consider for those of you who think Americans will do the work.
1. Spend a season in Yuma cutting lettuce, tain't like driving a combine.
2. The ski areas of the West hire from Brazil, Peru, NZ and Aus. Why? Because the work ethic of Americans is so poor, they hire people that will give 8 hours work for 8 hours pay.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:36 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,190,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Two points to consider for those of you who think Americans will do the work.
1. Spend a season in Yuma cutting lettuce, tain't like driving a combine.
2. The ski areas of the West hire from Brazil, Peru, NZ and Aus. Why? Because the work ethic of Americans is so poor, they hire people that will give 8 hours work for 8 hours pay.
I disagree with the Americans will not work 8 hours. Most, of us have to make a living!!
I live where you were lucky to have a job in the winter and our summers were pretty slow and everyone did any job available, too put food on the table.
We have a ski resort coming in and they hired locals at first and now your lucky to get called in for the first interview and these are people qualified for the jobs and speak ENGLISH real well.

Mean while, they have brought in people from Peru and Brazil and in the paper on a write up about the resort they called it adding DIVERSITY to our area.

An again, locals in a town still struggle to make a living but, now that there's work they import people from another country instead of hiring the LEGAL AMERICAN!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration