Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 06:11 PM

109 posts, read 210,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I miss it, I loved being with my family.After my grandparents died we had to sell it. My uncle had a sheep farm in Montana and I would go up there for the summers, but the family sold it 2 years after he died, I was very sad.Now I do have a rather large garden here, but nothing grows during the summer, 120 degrees kills most!!!
It's a great life, I love the animals, watching the crops grow, keeping the place fixed up.
There is nothing like having your coffee on the poarch at daybreak, watching the birds, and in the spring watching the land come to life another year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2007, 06:42 PM

96 posts, read 275,590 times
Default work

I agree....where do some people live.......I started work at 16 full time and

put the pay on the table also....only child etc. etc.....It's not even worth

answering that person....we AMERICANS now what work is....we are some

of the hardest working people in the WORLD//

LOVE THE U.S.A

Old 02-07-2007, 07:09 PM

178 posts, read 735,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE THE U.S.A. View Post
I agree....where do some people live.......I started work at 16 full time and

put the pay on the table also....only child etc. etc.....It's not even worth

answering that person....we AMERICANS now what work is....we are some

of the hardest working people in the WORLD//

LOVE THE U.S.A

It seems you people (who are responding on this forum) are hard working
people and some or possibly all have hard working kids. Some of you
are in towns where any and all jobs would be appreciated. And illegals
possibly have taken those. I just think what you don't realize is you
are a minority. I bet I can fill a bathroom in my city with the people
who will take the jobs no one wants. Someone mentioned the homeless
could use the jobs. I don't mean to be heartless but most homeless
I've seen fit into this catagory.. mentally ill, alcoholic, drug abuser,
criminal, would rather be homeless than work and again... a very,
very small number of unlucky people Again, the unlucky people
are the minority. If homeless people really wanted a job there
are plenty of programs to help them. If they are unlucky... with
a little gumption they can climb back up the ladder back to being
a person with a home in a short time . Now, you'll say I care more for the illegals
than the poor homeless... not true!!! The illegals are working which is
why I respect them. If they can come over and get a job and make
it on below minimum wage.. and be happy sharing a home with 10
other families... ( you all keep saying they do that )then maybe they deserve those jobs. Again, I'm not
pro illegal's ... I'm pro hard working people.. if it's you, or my neighbor
or someone with no "papers". I'll respect you no matter the color of your
skin or where you come from. Hard work deserves respect. Illegal immigration
is a problem. One of which won't be solved soon. On the bright side for I believe Andreabeth who brings up the
anchor babies quite a bit... those anchor babies are citizens... citizens who
will be paying taxes in so many years.

Last edited by la quinta family; 02-07-2007 at 07:30 PM..

Old 02-07-2007, 10:50 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,494,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Construction work is very difficult, and many illegal immigrants I have worked with take long lunch breaks and other breaks during the day. Yea, some of them might be lazy, and some flat out need a break. Many of them, including some myself, take naps in the afternoon soon after arriving home.
You stated in another post that you worked 6 months in an office, how do you know about all this hard construction work? By the way, have you got that pizza delivery job you were talking about yet?

Old 02-08-2007, 06:12 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,667,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
You stated in another post that you worked 6 months in an office, how do you know about all this hard construction work? By the way, have you got that pizza delivery job you were talking about yet?
I think he said he did construction for a week, but it was too hard.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by la quinta family View Post
It seems you people (who are responding on this forum) are hard working
people and some or possibly all have hard working kids. Some of you
are in towns where any and all jobs would be appreciated. And illegals
possibly have taken those. I just think what you don't realize is you
are a minority. I bet I can fill a bathroom in my city with the people
who will take the jobs no one wants. Someone mentioned the homeless
could use the jobs. I don't mean to be heartless but most homeless
I've seen fit into this catagory.. mentally ill, alcoholic, drug abuser,
criminal, would rather be homeless than work and again... a very,
very small number of unlucky people Again, the unlucky people
are the minority. If homeless people really wanted a job there
are plenty of programs to help them. If they are unlucky... with
a little gumption they can climb back up the ladder back to being
a person with a home in a short time . Now, you'll say I care more for the illegals
than the poor homeless... not true!!! The illegals are working which is
why I respect them. If they can come over and get a job and make
it on below minimum wage.. and be happy sharing a home with 10
other families... ( you all keep saying they do that )then maybe they deserve those jobs. Again, I'm not
pro illegal's ... I'm pro hard working people.. if it's you, or my neighbor
or someone with no "papers". I'll respect you no matter the color of your
skin or where you come from. Hard work deserves respect. Illegal immigration
is a problem. One of which won't be solved soon. On the bright side for I believe Andreabeth who brings up the
anchor babies quite a bit... those anchor babies are citizens... citizens who
will be paying taxes in so many years.

it is more wide spread than you think, they have taken over parts of Oregon where I am from. Idaho where 4 of my cousins have lost their construction jobs to them, AZ lordy we have hundreds of thousands here, NC where I lived is the fourth fastest growing illegal state. Maryland had mostly S Americans but loaded. I hear from small towns in Missouri and Alabama and not to mention texas. It isnt just a few small towns.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:47 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,608 times
Quote:
It's pretty tough work, huh?!
That's why they call it WORK!!!! Only people who feel they don't have to work hard will be the ones to sit around. Nothing to do with culture it's who you are.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:36 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
That's why they call it WORK!!!! Only people who feel they don't have to work hard will be the ones to sit around. Nothing to do with culture it's who you are.
That's a nice point. But this is referring to Construction, Landscape, Picking fruit, Farming Service, Services where your on the feet seven hours a day not including lunch. It's a much different story, much more physcially demanding.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
That's a nice point. But this is referring to Construction, Landscape, Picking fruit, Farming Service, Services where your on the feet seven hours a day not including lunch. It's a much different story, much more physcially demanding.
7 hours? Try 12-14.There is no 7 hours in farming or picking fruit. construction maybe, but not where I come from. Not everyone can have rich parents or be rich themselves. Some of us have to work long hard hours or lose everything. Thats where I think alot of people lose their perspective. They have never known farmers in the midwest, or coal miners, or steel workers or lumber mills, or "lumberjacks", oil rig workers, pipelines, crab fishermen, swordfishermen some of the most dangerous work there is, list goes on and on. The ones that say Americans wont do the work or Americans are lazy, really need to get out and discover America, I think they would really be shocked.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:50 AM

109 posts, read 210,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
it is more wide spread than you think, they have taken over parts of Oregon where I am from. Idaho where 4 of my cousins have lost their construction jobs to them, AZ lordy we have hundreds of thousands here, NC where I lived is the fourth fastest growing illegal state. Maryland had mostly S Americans but loaded. I hear from small towns in Missouri and Alabama and not to mention texas. It isnt just a few small towns.
They have completely infiltrated Ky, 10 years ago our county was pure black and white.
Why? It is said the illegals refer to Ky as the state of milk and honey.
They have taken all the lower paying jobs, example: housing tobacco is hard work, 10 years ago it paid $12 per hour, now it pays $6 per hr and a lot of the people that used to depend on that no longer have work.
It is that way with all the lower skilled jobs, that was just an example.

If you want to see some poverty stricken people, travel through Eastern Ky, West Virginia, Eastern Tennessee, Arkansas, and some of the other mountain states.
Luckily I can provide work for most all of my family, including my siblings, therefore it is not a problem with me directly, but I have compassion for my neighbors and people in these areas that have been rooted out of work.

Another problem I mentioned in another post, is they have no desire to assimilate, at least here.
They almost all get drunk, taunt females, drive without insurance, ect.
As I mentioned before, I have no problem with illegals in general, but we need to fix our own problems before we take on someone else's.

I believe there is a motive that we are not yet aware of by the government to allow this to happen.
I don't know what it is, but I can assure you that if that is the case, it will be something that will make you all wish you had never saw an illegal.
Does any of you believe the government is disregarding our laws, and turning a blind eye to the issue out of compassion and the goodness of their heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration