Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 12:39 PM

109 posts, read 210,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
They should not break the law, period. But, their economic circumstance in their home country is visible and causes me to have compassion of their circumstance, to why they cross the border illegaly.
You may want to have some compassion for yourself, how would you like to be doing your job for half the pay?
Think it can't happen? stand back and watch, if something is not done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 12:40 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,247 times
Nea, I don't believe we have ever agreed on any issue, with all respect for you and your arguments, it's sensless to keep going back and forth.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfecttan01 View Post
You may want to have some compassion for yourself, how would you like to be doing your job for half the pay?
Think it can't happen? stand back and watch, if something is not done.
The only jobs with half the pay are Construction, Agriculture, and other Physical Services, where illegal immigrants slip underneath the legal rug. There are thousands of other jobs this country has to offer that illegal immigrants have no part of, where wages are not cut or split, Americans have plenty of opportunities of work.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:50 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Nea, I don't believe we have ever agreed on any issue, with all respect for you and your arguments, it's sensless to keep going back and forth.
I didnt see it as arguing, I saw it as two people exchanging their views. Sorry if you didnt. I understand why you have your views, you are young, dont have a family to raise and take care of, you havent been to some of these very repressed areas of the US that we speak of you only know what has been in your world to date, I was hoping you would open your mind to those views and try to understand why we feel the way we do. I am in no way a racist because I do not like illegals coming here and doing what they are. I have met very nice people of many cultures I am proud to call friends. It is OK to be angry at people for things they do like commit crimes. I have NEVER called them a derogatory name on this forum or to their face or behind their back, I never would. Although I cannot say the same for some of them.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:55 PM

I have absolutely no hard feelings and do not mind debating, I am only tired.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:57 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Keeps ya young!!!!!!!

Old 02-08-2007, 01:49 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I think he said he did construction for a week, but it was too hard.

He should have gave it at least 6 months and see how hard those 12-14 hr days really are...LOL.. Construction is tough work, it's not for people that's afraid of hard labor that's for sure.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:53 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,095 times
Quote:
That's a nice point. But this is referring to Construction, Landscape, Picking fruit, Farming Service, Services where your on the feet seven hours a day not including lunch. It's a much different story, much more physcially demanding.

Most people in this line of work do 6-7 hours before lunch break, some don't take a lunch break every day.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:34 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
I do agree why isn't the Gov't doing anything??????????????????

I do blame illegals too, why? Again, they know by coming here they're breaking the law. Why should they get special treatment for doing so?

My hubby is friends with a few policeman in our town. They basically have told him, that their hands are tied when it comes to arresting them and what not. So, I wonder if that's the case everywhere.
I would say by the looks of those border patrol guys for shooting a drug dealer!! I believe people are just as mad at the government but, lots of people support the overcrowd immigration situation.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:39 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,880 times
Quote:
Wildberries, I appreciate your last argument, but it had nothing to do with my previous statement above.
These are jobs Americans would do and do for 8 hours. Your saying only immigrants will work that long. I guess your wife would have to work!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration