Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:08 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,491,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
Thanks Andreabeth for correcting my typo, I appreciate it .

I don't know about you, but repeatedly "enlightening" others about the amount of trash, shopping carts, and non-English speaking people prevelent in your neck of the woods does nothing to relieve the problem nor does it move us toward a feasible solution. If anything, those sort of posts fuel racial and socioeconomic tensions and allow for the bigots to come out from the woodwork to provide their $0.02 about the 'brown invasion'-- and that's their perogative.
It must be very frightening for you to know that the truth about your illegals and their impact on this country is going to get out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 11:22 PM

17,439 posts, read 28,693,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroquoispliskin View Post
Why not? That's all the Wal-mart where I live hires, is ex-cons. And you know they are because they like talking to people and telling them.

And for all you that want to say "Where's your proof, provide sound samples, and documentation." Well I would record what they say, then I would go to jail for recording what they are saying without prior consent.

But really, why not? Everyone deserves a second chance right? Or maybe a third chance. Or more? .
Good to hear this. So many "immigration reformers" seem to be "lock 'em up and throw away the key" ultra-law-and-order types such as Tancredo or Hunter.I'm glad you have some compassion towards the people of all races and ethnic backgrounds who suffer more from illegal immigration's effects than anyone else in this country

Old 02-17-2007, 02:04 AM

1,469 posts, read 4,503,257 times
Default New Threats Arise for Border Patrol Agents

We need more of these people in the country, every country knows the border is open.

http://www.10news.com/investigations...02/detail.html

Old 02-17-2007, 02:37 AM

355 posts, read 843,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
It must be very frightening for you to know that the truth about your illegals and their impact on this country is going to get out.
I'm not frightened of illegals, why should I be? You have yet to answer my remaining questions.

And, hey Jim280, you're like an overflowing fountain of sources. You should compile a website, use Google Ads, and use the proceeds to fight illegal immigration.

Seriously. https://www.google.com/adsense/

Old 02-17-2007, 03:38 AM

4,547 posts, read 6,838,787 times
Quote:
Two pages full of nothing but same, usless fodder. I haven't seen a feasible solution yet-- and that's in the whole of the City-Data forums.

Before you berade me, I haven't offered a solution either. The difference remains that I don't complain tirelessly about the problem; I can acknowledge that there is no easy solution and it may take a lifetime before an encompassing, logistically sound resolution is achieved.

I started this thread offering a starting point for a solution. Every non citizen must register as a guest resident and fulfill the requirements to gain citizenship or be deported. Any newly arriving illegal after the registry period ends would be deported - period!

America needs to be fair to every foreign resident wishing to emigrate to the United States!

Old 02-17-2007, 08:47 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,477,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnian View Post
I started this thread offering a starting point for a solution. Every non citizen must register as a guest resident and fulfill the requirements to gain citizenship or be deported. Any newly arriving illegal after the registry period ends would be deported - period!
What are the requirements? I'm interested to know.

Old 02-17-2007, 09:06 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,754,127 times
Quote:
And those that have lived in the U.S. for as long as their memory allows?
That’s what maps are for. If they can’t remember exactly where they came from use a map and a dart, anywhere south of the US is home.

Quote:
And those whose children are citizens?
Children of illegals born in the US should have never been allowed to gain citizen status, period. Take mom and dad home and explore their family roots.

Quote:
And what about those that don't have the means to return to their country of origin?
This one’s real funny. Some how they were able to pay a coyote thousands to come here when they were only making a few pesos a month and now that they are making many times that amount suddenly they can’t afford to go home. Although they some how can send billions home to their families. I guess some can still remember where to send the money.
The path home does not require the assistance of a coyote, just drive home, all it cost is a little gas. Or steal a car on the border that has gas and sell it to the federalies when they get home.

Quote:
And those that have escaped war-torn countries or genocidal situations?
Small, small, small minority of people fit this criteria. Any that really escaped would already have legal status when they came here. This is another pro illegal talking point, nice try. And don’t even think of expanding on this with, “I know many that fit this criteria”, because that’s would be BS.

Quote:
I suppose all 20 million will hold a meeting, realize they can't find work, and collectively make plans to migrate 'home'. Why didn't American citizens realize this sooner?!
Americans have always known this. What do you think all the complaining about enforcing laws about hiring practices. Enforcing deportation laws to prevent repeat offenders form being deported and sneaking back in. Before you were born CA voted for prop. 187 that passed by over 67% to stop the hand outs to illegals.

Based on your responses my guess is you or your parents are the beneficiary of being born in the US to illegal parents that used you as an anchor baby giving you unjustified legal status. In that case the first two responses would apply.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:53 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,092,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I don't understand how some Americans can stratch their heads and wonder why illegal immigrants are feeling threatened in this nation. The ruthlessly negative feelings would threaten my existence, and how I view myself. Many feel like they are not liked or respected.
That is a lie, Americans do not wonder if or why illegals are feeling threatened, we truly know they should well be feeling threatened since they are here illegally and many are racist as well, we want them to go back to their own country! They are ruining our very lives by putting us out of our homes due to their massive numbers here, a person in Ca. now has to bring home over $2000 per month to get a studio apartment which is hard to make now that wages are down due to illegal/hispanic competition. The average price of a house is now around 600,000k in So. Ca. all due to big numbers of illegals and only 12% can afford any house.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:05 PM

340 posts, read 746,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
That’s what maps are for. If they can’t remember exactly where they came from use a map and a dart, anywhere south of the US is home.

Children of illegals born in the US should have never been allowed to gain citizen status, period. Take mom and dad home and explore their family roots.

This one’s real funny. Some how they were able to pay a coyote thousands to come here when they were only making a few pesos a month and now that they are making many times that amount suddenly they can’t afford to go home. Although they some how can send billions home to their families. I guess some can still remember where to send the money.
The path home does not require the assistance of a coyote, just drive home, all it cost is a little gas. Or steal a car on the border that has gas and sell it to the federalies when they get home.

Small, small, small minority of people fit this criteria. Any that really escaped would already have legal status when they came here. This is another pro illegal talking point, nice try. And don’t even think of expanding on this with, “I know many that fit this criteria”, because that’s would be BS.

Americans have always known this. What do you think all the complaining about enforcing laws about hiring practices. Enforcing deportation laws to prevent repeat offenders form being deported and sneaking back in. Before you were born CA voted for prop. 187 that passed by over 67% to stop the hand outs to illegals.

Based on your responses my guess is you or your parents are the beneficiary of being born in the US to illegal parents that used you as an anchor baby giving you unjustified legal status. In that case the first two responses would apply.
RedNC,

What a great response... My guess is that you will now be labeled a racist and bigot , blah, blah, blah, but that really just means the Illegal Lovers have no credible argument against what you said... GREAT POST.....

Old 03-10-2007, 04:31 PM

484 posts, read 1,948,095 times
The average price of a house is now around 600,000k in So. Ca. all due to big numbers of illegals and only 12% can afford any house.

No, housing in S. Cal is so expensive because no one is allowed to build anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration