Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 11:43 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,155,414 times

Advertisements

The only solution is to get rid of our government. Everything else, voting, changing laws, speeches are just dog and pony shows. Does it matter how good of a speech we get and how good of a cheerleader the president is when our problems continue to escalate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 09:16 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,494,703 times
Talking Solution

They want us to cut the amount of gas we use in the U.S. The best way to stop using so much gas is to deport 11 million illegal immigrants! That would be 11 million less people using our gas. The price of gas would come down, while the value of property goes up.

Bring our troops home from Iraq to guard the border. When they catch an illegal immigrant crossing the border, hand him a canteen, rifle and some ammo and ship him to Iraq .

Tell him if he wants to come to America he must serve a tour in the military. Give him a soldier's pay while he's there and tax him on it. After his tour, he will be allowed to become a citizen since he defended this country. He will also be registered to be taxed and be a legal patriot paying into the Social Security System.

This option will probably deter illegal immigration and provide a solution for the troops in Iraq and the aliens trying to make a better life for themselves. If they refuse to serve, ship them to Iraq anyway, without the canteen, rifle or ammo - problem solved!

Old 03-14-2007, 09:53 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,189 times
dusesean - the requirements are plenty! Below is a site that gives you the whole rundown.

http://www.us-immigration-attorney.com/citizenship.htm (broken link)

I went through the whole process and it takes time. It also cost me a small fortune (prices are / have gone up since).

As for solutions to illegal immigration wish there was an easy one. Our government needs to sit up and listen to what it's people are saying. They need to tighten and secure all the borders, reduce the amount of money that goes into their own fat retirement checks and put it towards hiring more border patrols agents. They need to crack down even harder on the companies and people hiring illegals, prosecute the people who knowingly aid illegals gain false paperwork etc, etc, etc.

Last edited by tet tea; 03-14-2007 at 10:43 PM..

Old 03-14-2007, 11:53 PM

484 posts, read 1,944,321 times
Aside from the fact that it would be impossible to deport 12-20 million people, it's extremely hard to immigrate legally. In the days of Ellis Island, anyone could immigrate as long as they weren't Chinese and didn't have smallpox.

Since Dubya is determined to impose democracy in the Middle East, and is running out of troops, I think the US should form a US Foreign Legion. Put ads all over the place, in multiple langauages, in neighborhoods and in the media. Allow illegal imigrants to "come out of the closet" and sign up for a 5-year hitch. Eligible recruits can go to Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, and wherever Dubya wants to go next. They can take English classes, learn a trade, pay off their fines (I think it's $1000 to apply for a green card if you're illegal), and send money home. After 5 years, they can get a green card and bring over their relatives.

Hey, it worked for France.

Last edited by Hatless Wonder; 03-14-2007 at 11:55 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-15-2007, 12:28 AM

355 posts, read 842,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
Americans have always known this. What do you think all the complaining about enforcing laws about hiring practices. Enforcing deportation laws to prevent repeat offenders form being deported and sneaking back in. Before you were born CA voted for prop. 187 that passed by over 67% to stop the hand outs to illegals.

Based on your responses my guess is you or your parents are the beneficiary of being born in the US to illegal parents that used you as an anchor baby giving you unjustified legal status. In that case the first two responses would apply.

Ah, the ever inductive RedNC, how'd you guess?! Another below-the-belt comment, I wouldn't have expected otherwise.

Each of my ancestors was a legal immigrant, despite some being 'vatos', 'guidos', or 'yukes'. Nice try though; I'm not an anchor baby despite being an "illegal lover" .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dir Drill 1 View Post
RedNC,

What a great response... My guess is that you will now be labeled a racist and bigot , blah, blah, blah, but that really just means the Illegal Lovers have no credible argument against what you said... GREAT POST.....
Maybe just a trolling "white lover". Oh wait, I'm an "illegal lover" so I can't respond with a jab or make reference to the white supremist sentiment of many on the anti-illegal side (in this case, RedNC, because he/she has owned his/her racism in the P&OC forum) because that would in turn prove that I must be a racist. Looks like they've detailed more thoroughly circular reasoning in schools nowadays.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:01 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,672 times
"Anchor Baby" is that another cheesy and misguiding term by "macho man" Lou Dobbs. I hope this isn't where your forming opinions, he probably lives near the CNN headquarters of Atlanta or the suburbs of Northern Virginia, and has probably seen two illegal immigrants his whole lifetime. If he lived in Mexifornia, he would go crazy.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:07 PM

17 posts, read 48,899 times
I like the idea of making Canada, and Central America their own continents. I read that somewhere. Wasn't here. Then put up the wall to make it harder on the ones trying to enter. And then, after all that, just close the borders and say "The United States is no longer accepting applications from immigrants. Good Day" And be done with it.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:22 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,394,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
I like the idea of making Canada, and Central America their own continents. I read that somewhere. Wasn't here. Then put up the wall to make it harder on the ones trying to enter. And then, after all that, just close the borders and say "The United States is no longer accepting applications from immigrants. Good Day" And be done with it.
Yeah, with sharks with laser beams in the middle after the water fills up.

Anyways, the easiest way to solve this problem is to not allow morons in the government to write anymore laws. Because they seem to be doing the opposite of what most people want.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:59 PM

355 posts, read 842,472 times
Case in point: 700 mile physical border for a 1200 mile geographic border. I wonder whose bright idea that was.

Anyways, if we weren't spending billions of dollars on somewhat unecessary or less threatening endeavors and spent a few billion on our border, we might be having an entirely different discussion right now. I don't know, is it necessary to go to the moon every six months? Can we not do without for a few years? Just a thought.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:46 PM

81 posts, read 301,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
What about those millions of American flags I saw on "a day without immigrants?" Did they not desire to assimilate into American culture?

I live just south of Los Angeles and the American flags you saw that day was DAMAGE CONTROL. The day before, the protesters were waving Mexican flags and when the organizers of the protest heard how negatively that was received, the next day the US flags were substituted (duh!).

The only difference I noticed on the "Day Without a Mexican" is that traffic was significantly lighter on the freeway. Hmmmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration