Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:43 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,592,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Someone has been resurrecting old threads of no true value - did you all notice the dates on the first several posts? Did the "high" cost of gas listed at $2.55 not tip anyone off? We're close to $4.00 here in LA fwiw -
Nope, I honestly didn't notice that. Good point.....it DOES seem like we go "over and over" a lot of these topics...and this IS an awfully old thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 09:59 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,351,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGIC View Post
He is mad and wanting something done. Killing them is not the solution but making them leave is. The nice people will see it his way when they have illegals for neighbors. When they move in nice neighborhoods it is ruined. I imagine he is wanting to shock people into reality. This is just one man but there is thousands like him. Some are at their wits end. Some leaving their homes after 20 years or more. He must live pretty close to them to write this. I feel sorry for him and his family. I hope someone comes up with a solution. One lady put on a forum said, to put a thousand dollar bounty on illegals, said that would boost the economy. So, this guy isn't the only one. He is voicing his opinion. People are mad and this isn't the last post like this you will see. Americans are mad and sick of the investation that is taking place.

I thought it was a good statement - of course, it's not PC to say these things, and we don't REALLY want to kill people, but, we do want them out of our country!

Our country is being overrun and ruined by illegals, and you can't blame anyone who is mad as hell about it! Lots of people feel this way, believe me.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:04 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,239,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
As posted on the O.C. Register(the major newpaper in Orange County, CA) by a man named "White and proud of it."(lol..) has made it public that he want's the government to allow him to hunt illegals.

Here's what was under the article...

"It's a shame it's illegal to kill em. We owe our fine neighbors to the south a real debt of gratitude. Graffitti all over the place. Dumbing down of our school system. Gang violence, and every neighborhood they move to, magically turns into the barrio. The list goes on and on. If we could allow a hunting season on them. I guarantee you, my weekends would be a whole lot more fun. I say send em all back. GET OUTTA MY COUNTRY!!! Don't give me that go back to Europe crap, this country was built by the "White" man, and don't you forget it. Go back to Mexico,then you won't be able to whine about the "White" man. It will be your own kind screwing you over, not us."

-White and proud of it.
Orange County.
Using 'White' (or any other race/ethnicity) in this context is flat stupid--------at best.

Had he used the word 'American'---------I would have understood his point of view.

Why I say that is many of our brothers and sisters 'of color' are just as pissed about the illegal immigrant menace as us 'White' folks.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:17 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,769,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Nope, I honestly didn't notice that. Good point.....it DOES seem like we go "over and over" a lot of these topics...and this IS an awfully old thread.
You have LOGIC(the poster) to thank for that.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:52 PM

510 posts, read 1,463,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
As posted on the O.C. Register(the major newpaper in Orange County, CA) by a man named "White and proud of it."(lol..) has made it public that he want's the government to allow him to hunt illegals.

Here's what was under the article...

"It's a shame it's illegal to kill em. We owe our fine neighbors to the south a real debt of gratitude. Graffitti all over the place. Dumbing down of our school system. Gang violence, and every neighborhood they move to, magically turns into the barrio. The list goes on and on. If we could allow a hunting season on them. I guarantee you, my weekends would be a whole lot more fun. I say send em all back. GET OUTTA MY COUNTRY!!! Don't give me that go back to Europe crap, this country was built by the "White" man, and don't you forget it. Go back to Mexico,then you won't be able to whine about the "White" man. It will be your own kind screwing you over, not us."

-White and proud of it.
Orange County.
I've heard sentiments just like this expressed over and over. It comes from frustration at a serious problem that few seem to do anything about.

(As for illegal immigration laws...Yippee for Arizona, my future home!! )

Old 03-12-2008, 12:58 PM

510 posts, read 1,463,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Someone has been resurrecting old threads of no true value - did you all notice the dates on the first several posts? Did the "high" cost of gas listed at $2.55 not tip anyone off? We're close to $4.00 here in LA fwiw -

I noticed it, but I was not ON this board when it was originally posted.

I see that there are some people who object to resurrecting old threads and I always wonder WHY?

Is it really better to start new threads all the time? I'm not being argumentative, I'd really like to know. If there is a thread about salt water swimming pools (or whatever) and the questions have never been answered in 6 months, is it really such a bad thing to just bump it up instead of starting yet another thread?

Old 03-12-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunvixen View Post
I noticed it, but I was not ON this board when it was originally posted.

I see that there are some people who object to resurrecting old threads and I always wonder WHY?

Is it really better to start new threads all the time? I'm not being argumentative, I'd really like to know. If there is a thread about salt water swimming pools (or whatever) and the questions have never been answered in 6 months, is it really such a bad thing to just bump it up instead of starting yet another thread?
Good question--- I suppose a thread that asked "Will the Viet Nam war EVER end?" WOULD be a likely candidate for an 'update'.....just WHERE the cutoff line should be is a 'judgement call', I would guess..

Old 03-12-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You have LOGIC(the poster) to thank for that.
Are you suggesting that LOGIC wasn't neccessarily being LOGICAL?...

Old 03-12-2008, 02:05 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,506,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
I thought it was a good statement - of course, it's not PC to say these things, and we don't REALLY want to kill people, but, we do want them out of our country!

Our country is being overrun and ruined by illegals, and you can't blame anyone who is mad as hell about it! Lots of people feel this way, believe me.
It may not be the right thing to do, But it sure would work

Old 03-12-2008, 06:14 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,145,639 times
I think this guy is trying to get some sick pleasure by hunting illegals. This is some real "Most Dangerous Game" Shiznit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration