Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 06:12 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Yeah, I'm sure that your buddies, "the one" and "blacknight" are always here to offer a sympathetic shoulder.

Back to the topic at hand:

Whooping cough outbreak linked to illegals

Chancroid in the United States. Reestablishment of an old disease
G. P. Schmid, L. L. Sanders Jr, J. H. Blount and E. R. Alexander
Division of Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Centers for Disease Control, Atlanta, GA 30333.
For 30 years, chancroid has been an uncommon and geographically localized disease in the United States; a mean of 878 cases were reported annually between 1971 and 1980. Since 1981, however, numerous outbreaks have established chancroid as an endemic disease in many additional areas and, in 1986, 3418 cases, the largest number since 1952, were reported. Cases are occurring preponderantly among men who patronize prostitutes, and infected individuals who have traveled from outbreak areas or from outside the United States are suspected of having contributed to the spread of disease. Efforts to eradicate disease in outbreak areas have been only occasionally effective and have been hampered by difficulty in locating potentially infected individuals and by travel by infected individuals. The failure to eradicate outbreaks leaves residual sources for new disease transmission into yet additional areas. [/SIZE]

JAMA -- Abstract: Chancroid in the United States. Reestablishment of an old disease, December 11, 1987, Schmid et al. 258 (22): 3265

This one made a comeback during the last flood of illegal aliens from SOB, prior to the 1986 amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 06:17 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
We all need to be mindful of the diseases we are being exposed to due to millions of unscreened third-world illegal aliens. Unlike the vast majority of tourists flying into our country from foreign nations, illegal aliens generally have not received inoculations, or regular medical exams to identify and treat contagious diseases.

JDubsMom and Kele, thank you for sharing this crucial information.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:19 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Uh huh.

Perhaps the WorldNetDaily can be shaky at times, but their sources (should you actually get beyond the name of the website providing the information) are not.

Reading is fundamental.

BTW, the U.S. has had a program of sending vaccines to third world countries for many years now (at the taxpayer's expense I might add). However, they have no control of what happens to said vaccines once they are beyond our borders.
But you didn't answer my question. What's the difference between illegal aliens coming in, and all the Americans traveling abroad to places worse than "SOB", and then coming back home?

Old 12-05-2008, 06:24 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
We all need to be mindful of the diseases we are being exposed to due to millions of unscreened third-world illegal aliens. Unlike the vast majority of tourists flying into our country from foreign nations, illegal aliens generally have not received inoculations, or regular medical exams to identify and treat contagious diseases.

JDubsMom and Kele, thank you for sharing this crucial information.
Agreed and you are so welcome. Thanks Kele!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
But you didn't answer my question. What's the difference between illegal aliens coming in, and all the Americans traveling abroad to places worse than "SOB", and then coming back home?
Have you ever heard of vaccines? Prior to visiting third-world nations, U.S. citizens are inoculated to prevent a multitude of diseases.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:26 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Read Benicar's post #12 then get back with us.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Have you ever heard of vaccines? Prior to visiting third-world nations, U.S. citizens are inoculated to prevent a multitude of diseases.
Including Mexico?
Including Europe where other immigrants from all over the world have moved?

Old 12-05-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Including Mexico?
Including Europe where other immigrants from all over the world have moved?
What part of inoculations don't you understand? People have been traveling the world for many years. Please don't tell me this is news to you.

Quote:
Before visiting Mexico, you may need to get the following vaccinations and medications for vaccine-preventable diseases and other diseases you might be at risk for at your destination: (Note: Your doctor or health-care provider will determine what you will need, depending on factors such as your health and immunization history, areas of the country you will be visiting, and planned activities.)

To have the most benefit, see a health-care provider at least 4–6 weeks before your trip to allow time for your vaccines to take effect and to start taking medicine to prevent malaria, if you need it.

Even if you have less than 4 weeks before you leave, you should still see a health-care provider for needed vaccines, anti-malaria drugs and other medications and information about how to protect yourself from illness and injury while traveling.

CDC recommends that you see a health-care provider who specializes in Travel Medicine. Find a travel medicine clinic near you. If you have a medical condition, you should also share your travel plans with any doctors you are currently seeing for other medical reasons.
Health Information for Mexico | CDC Travelers' Health

You will also find similar advice from the State Department.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
What part of inoculations don't you understand? People have been traveling the world for many years. Please don't tell me this is news to you.

Health Information for Mexico | CDC Travelers' Health

You will also find similar advice from the State Department.
Have you ever been to Mexico?
Travelers DO NOT get vaccinated everytime they cross the Mexican border. Trust me.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Have you ever been to Mexico?
Travelers DO NOT get vaccinated everytime they cross the Mexican border. Trust me.
Yes, I have been to Mexico, many times. Yes, I did get vaccines, as well as, avoid drinking the water (carried bottled water). I made the mistake during my first visit of ordering a mixed drink (on the rocks), I paid dearly. I was sick as a dog for a solid week, even with the medication my doctor prescribed.

I'm sure there are some who do not take these precautions, but I value my health, and that of others I may encounter upon my return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration