Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 05:50 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,239,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
I thought bullfighting was from Spain, originally?
And; bullfighting is dying out in Spain----------in fact: some parts ban it. The Canary Islands come to mind.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:29 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,293,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And; bullfighting is dying out in Spain----------in fact: some parts ban it. The Canary Islands come to mind.
Is it even still that popular in Mexico? It's not this widely loved sport in Mexico like baseball and soccer is. I think it's a funny example of "illegals(hispanics)" loving to torture animals for their own amusement.

Just like here in the United States, some people like to kill animals and keep their heads on their living room walls. I wouldn't use that to make a judgment or stereotype of a people.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:42 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,354,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Were talking about illegal immigrant and they try and squat more than anyone...... so stop trying to justify their crimes.

Lol I have noticed thats the norm for some here.
REGARDLESS of what illegals do ,what huge unpaid bills they pass on the citizens.
Some here justify it.

There comes a point that I wonder if they believe their own posts.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:49 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,354,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Is it even still that popular in Mexico? It's not this widely loved sport in Mexico like baseball and soccer is. I think it's a funny example of "illegals(hispanics)" loving to torture animals for their own amusement.

Just like here in the United States, some people like to kill animals and keep their heads on their living room walls. I wouldn't use that to make a judgment or stereotype of a people.

Mexico has the best bulls. They are shorter,stocky and very athletic . Bred for gameness and the desire to gore .

Spains best bulls are all from Mexico lineage .Though they rather not admit it . Killed Matadors have all been killed by Mexican bulls .
Its a stunning animal.

It is slowly dying out .

Old 12-17-2008, 09:14 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,592,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Mexico has the best bulls. They are shorter,stocky and very athletic . Bred for gameness and the desire to gore .

Please..let's not stereotype here. I'm sure SOME Mexican bulls are very gentle, and that EVERY bull-raising nation has its share of "grouchy" ones. 'Short, stocky, and athletic', when used to describe an entire group, is a label that sounds VERY close to being "breedist"..('breedist' being the bovine equivalent of 'racist')

The whole subject, in my opinion, is a WHOLE LOT of BULL.....(yes, in the literal sense, as well as the figurative)..

Old 12-17-2008, 12:38 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,293,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post

Spains best bulls are all from Mexico lineage .Though they rather not admit it . Killed Matadors have all been killed by Mexican bulls .
Its a stunning animal.

It is slowly dying out .
I thought it's been dying out for a long time. It just doesn't seem to be very mainstream in Mexico.
I know there's a bullfighting ring in Mexicali where I have family, and I had wanted to see it once just to experience the tradition, and I guess witness a famous stereotype of Mexican bullfighting.
But my dad expressed that he didn't want to see a bull getting swords stuck in it, and upon thinking about it, I felt the same way. Still haven't been to one.

Also, here in the US, we also choose not to go hunting animals, and prefer shooting targets instead when we go out shooting.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:31 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,756,765 times
This thread has gone completely off topic. And since the initial topic was barely related to immigration problems anyway, this thread is closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration