Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 10:34 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,631,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

YouTube - Bullfighting: The Cruel Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3WvF...eature=related

YouTube - Mexican Rodeo Horse Tripping

Not that it doesn't happen in the USA

YouTube - GRAPHIC -- Criminal Horse Abuse at Oklahoma Prison Rodeo

We just see it as the cruelty as it is, not something we'd take young children to witness.
1...JUST 1 Parent out of 4 might be an illegal...Even Sheriff Joe did not know or he would have arrested her...

The kids are not illegals and may be more a product of the very documented American the culture of violence then the culture of animal cruelty you present...They were not outside playing Rodeo...they were outside playing GTA...

Old 12-13-2008, 10:35 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,239,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Their "country" is the United States...Read and try again...

anyways, don't we still have Rodeos in the USA...and isn't calf roping still an event?

1. You assume they have been to a bullfight or cockfight...
2. The fact is that they were playing GTA (A violent American Game)

It has zero to do with culture and 100% to due with mental illness...
FYI: bullfighting is on its way out. In fact: most countries including parts of Spain now ban that 'sport' bans on bullfighting

Cockfighting is illegal in most of the USA.

As for trash like GTA: I lay some of the blame on the parents of said kids for not properly supervising them.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:36 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,901,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
These monster brats are old enough to know that was wrong! This story makes me sick. So disgusting how the illegals come here and have their babies to make them citizens. Deport every single one of them that did not come in the U.S. legally. What kind of mentality did these monster kids have? And just what do you think they will do as they get older; they will turn their sick hate onto humans. Something needs to be done with these kids regardless of their age. They need some serious help, which of course the U.S. taxpayers will end up paying for.
It's also a problem of mothers coming here illegally and knowing that simply giving birth gets them a free pass and all the welfare handouts they could ever have imagined.

These children are not being born to loving families who want a child and are willing to accept the responsibility and costs of children. They are in many cases having them for the sole purpose of getting their back door way to amensty and the food stamps, WIC, Medicaid, free everything that anchor babies bring. Many of these children end up abused by their mothers' boyfriends and their live in lovers who are also just looking for free housing that the anchor baby has provided.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Wanna see just how wonderful "multiculturism" is? Visit New York.
New York is a great international city...Affluent people from all over the world come to live in that city. What is your point? That NYC is a cesspool?

Old 12-13-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
1...JUST 1 Parent out of 4 might be an illegal...Even Sheriff Joe did not know or he would have arrested her...

The kids are not illegals and may be more a product of the very documented American the culture of violence then the culture of animal cruelty you present...They were not outside playing Rodeo...they were outside playing GTA...
Not all those that participate in horse tripping and other cruel "sports" are here illegally. Many are legal but are demanding that their cultural sports be "accepted" in the USA. If anyone opposes having horses hooves intentionally broken off by cruel men, they are just seen as racists who don't want to accept these fine traditions of Mexico.

And what is very shocking is that these people actually bring their kids to watch this. There are no standards, no limitations on what can be done to an animal like we have at American rodeos -- which to some are also seen as cruel but there are limits at least.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
FYI: bullfighting is on its way out. In fact: most countries including parts of Spain now ban that 'sport' bans on bullfighting

Cockfighting is illegal in most of the USA.

As for trash like GTA: I lay some of the blame on the parents of said kids for not properly supervising them.
That is the problem...GTA is born out of America's fascination with Violence...

Old 12-13-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Not all those that participate in horse tripping and other cruel "sports" are here illegally. Many are legal but are demanding that their cultural sports be "accepted" in the USA. If anyone opposes having horses hooves intentionally broken off by cruel men, they are just seen as racists who don't want to accept these fine traditions of Mexico.

And what is very shocking is that these people actually bring their kids to watch this. There are no standards, no limitations on what can be done to an animal like we have at American rodeos -- which to some are also seen as cruel but there are limits at least.
I don't see any demands or marches in the streets in favor of c*ckfighting and Mexican Rodeos...Give me a break...These two events do not represent the average Mexican...Just as Dr. Dre and Enimen do not represent the average American..

Anyways, you want to talk about a c*ckfighter...look at Roy Jones Jr....guess he is a product of an illegal? Right?

Old 12-13-2008, 11:04 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,592,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post

Cultures are like "religious traditions", or would "regional traditions" be more appropriate? Either way, Religion has it's part in this too.
Everyone, every region and every religion has their own, and have not intention of lettin' go of it. There are some that eventually are willing to change and do.
Now, if all traditions, religions and lifestyles were compatible and acceptible to one another, I don't think there would be a need for,,"seperation of Church and State" or assimulation.

Simply put........ in order for multicultures to exist in peace, is to stay out of one anothers turf...=="Divide up"

are any bells ringing?

Now those are my discription from my experiences. I'm sure some won't unerstand my way of thinking......but I sure as hell do.
I agree with you. Cultures in many ways ARE like religions, and have a strong 'moral' bearing on their members....and, like religions, to 'go with one' often means one must 'go against' the other. In fact, many cultures are strongly identified by their religious values...good or bad.

There are those who CLAIM they can 'get along' with anyone, anywhere, and in any situation...but I doubt their sincerity. Some features of some cultures (or some religions) simply aren't compatible with others....and you can either "go along to get along" (which involves making NO judgements at all), or you can draw a line and say "THIS feature (of your culture) is OK, but THIS one is not"....in which case, you're making a judgement call, and at that point you're no longer 'open to all cultures'.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
I don't see any demands or marches in the streets in favor of c*ckfighting and Mexican Rodeos...Give me a break...These two events do not represent the average Mexican...Just as Dr. Dre and Enimen do not represent the average American..

Anyways, you want to talk about a c*ckfighter...look at Roy Jones Jr....guess he is a product of an illegal? Right?
The Mexicans are VERY defensive about what they do to animals in their rodeos. They are claiming it's their cultural right to mistreat horses the way they do in them -- and the horses are very badly mistreated.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/12/us...nted=1&_r=2&hp

Not only do they demand a right to move into the USA but they demand that they be allowed to do everything they did back home, keep their own culture and language and that they should for some reason be exempt from our laws.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:09 AM

From that link in the above post:

But now the charreada, which is strictly amateur, is facing its biggest challenge. After criticism from animal rights and anti-rodeo activists, eight states over the last decade have cracked down on several events, most notably horse tripping, a centuries-old tradition that involves roping and snaring the front legs of a running mare and that can cause serious injury. As a result, no charros in the federation practice horse tripping.

In a law that takes effect next month, Nebraska is also banning steer tailing, in which a charro grabs a steer’s tail, wraps it beneath his stirrup and flips the animal to the ground. The legislation grew out of abuses uncovered by the Omaha Humane Society at an unsanctioned arena, in which some horses had rope burns and torn tendons and were severely emaciated.

For those who spend their weekends on the dusty rails, these new laws seem to be singling out their culture unfairly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration