Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:34 PM

50,275 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
What are you trying to say? Blacks are not American? I know you didn't mean that but others may read it that way. Just pointing this out for you.

We are all reaping what the US and Mexico have sowed!!!
That is a quote from Fox, where have you been?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 01:38 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Only drugged out American kids will apply for low paying jobs?
According to the OP, that seems to be the case.

But you're missing the point. The point isn't that the only Americans who do low paying jobs are drugged out kids. The point is that at THIS supposed place of exploitat....errr.... "business," the conditions and wages are so bad that ONLY drugged out kids seem to be applying. Or illegals. It's like that poultry factory that was raided a couple months back. Once the "Hispanic" workforce was removed, Americans were lined up to get the newly available positions!!

Old 01-03-2009, 02:13 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,875 times
What bothers me is that it's a generic pharmaceutical company doing this where the OP is employed
As far Americans not caring about illegal immigration, here's an article that proves otherwise:

No Amnesty — Now or in Two Years | Center for Immigration Studies

". . . 70 percent of likely voters want local cops to help enforce immigration laws and also oppose taxpayer funds for day-labor sites for illegal aliens" for example.

Perhaps AZBear can shed some light on the legislation in Arizona with which business owners are trying to trick AZ residents also discussed in the article. Did this pass?

Old 01-03-2009, 02:24 PM

608 posts, read 1,004,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That is a quote from Fox, where have you been?
Again... I know he didn't mean to write it that way. Written quotes or quoted people require a few """""""" Otherwise it can be misinterpreted or appear to be the authors own quote!

Old 01-03-2009, 03:25 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
Again... I know he didn't mean to write it that way. Written quotes or quoted people require a few """""""" Otherwise it can be misinterpreted or appear to be the authors own quote!
Fox caught quite a bit of flak from American Blacks for the below comment:

Quote:
Fox discussed the role that many Mexican immigrants occupy in the U.S. economy.

Speaking in Spanish, he said, "There is no doubt that Mexicans, filled with dignity, willingness and ability to work, are doing jobs that not even blacks want to do there in the United States."
CNN.com - Mexican*leader criticized for*comment on blacks - May 15, 2005

Old 01-03-2009, 05:14 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
I held a managerial job, for several years, in the generic pharmaceutical industry in New Jersey. We had around 200 employed people, almost half of them hispanic, in an area where the hispanic population is not more than 15%.
Why such high number?, First of all , we were required to perform drug screening to our employees, every time we did random testing we would lose at least 50% of the white kids, rarely would we lose any hispanics, among the few white that remained, half of them
would be unreliable, and most of the others would eventually be screened out, not only that, but the work output from the hispanics was much higher and consistent, which would infuriate the few indians(asians) in the plant because they were not as efficient. I recently spoke to the plant manager, he told me that the situation was still exactly the same, more than half of the employees hispanic, many of them undocumented, but helping an american enterprise stay afloat through hard times, my friend told me that the day he needs to survive without the hispanics, that day the company will have to close down.
I know that the attitude of the radicals in this forum is to not listen to any
type of reasoning, instead vomit their hate, and intolerance all over, thanks god they are just an insignificant minority that no one takes seriously, and the true american entrepenuers will help the rest of us
conquer this recesion that George Bush and his clown circus have created.
I can't believe anyone would believe such a load of B.S. story as this... first, its a PHARMA company... I assume a company that makes drugs? Half of the them are, per the OP, illegal immigrants... what educational background would allow an illegal immigrant to make pharma drugs? So then here we are... what jobs could these people be doing? Janitorial work? Pill counters? So they are telling you, they can't peddle drugs because they can't find reliable pill counters? Janitors? Story smells a lot like bull**** then the OP goes on to say these workers have higher output? Output of what? Pushing pills into a container? Apparently the OPs Pharma company is either a work of fiction or one of the most incompetent Pharm company in the country and if so, they deserve to be shut down...

Old 01-04-2009, 08:32 AM

542 posts, read 1,449,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
According to the OP, that seems to be the case.

But you're missing the point. The point isn't that the only Americans who do low paying jobs are drugged out kids. The point is that at THIS supposed place of exploitat....errr.... "business," the conditions and wages are so bad that ONLY drugged out kids seem to be applying. Or illegals. It's like that poultry factory that was raided a couple months back. Once the "Hispanic" workforce was removed, Americans were lined up to get the newly available positions!!

lovin this quote here. great point, i believe this is the point everyones been trying to get across. so what's the name of this business anyway

Old 01-07-2009, 03:29 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
I held a managerial job, for several years, in the generic pharmaceutical industry in New Jersey. We had around 200 employed people, almost half of them hispanic, in an area where the hispanic population is not more than 15%.
Why such high number?, First of all , we were required to perform drug screening to our employees, every time we did random testing we would lose at least 50% of the white kids, rarely would we lose any hispanics, among the few white that remained, half of them
would be unreliable, and most of the others would eventually be screened out, not only that, but the work output from the hispanics was much higher and consistent, which would infuriate the few indians(asians) in the plant because they were not as efficient. I recently spoke to the plant manager, he told me that the situation was still exactly the same, more than half of the employees hispanic, many of them undocumented, but helping an american enterprise stay afloat through hard times, my friend told me that the day he needs to survive without the hispanics, that day the company will have to close down.
type of reasoning, instead vomit their hate, and intolerance all over, thanks god they are just an insignificant minority that no one takes seriously, and the true american entrepenuers will help the rest of us
In other words, your ONE company is representative of ALL employment in this country.

I managed a major government contract comprised of a large workforce of legal Hispanics, and can personally attest to the fact that they are no better or worse than any other group of employees. They ranged from exemplary to pathetic. Of course, the pathetic didn’t last long. I scheduled employees for random drug screening, and there was no predominant race/ethnicity with positive results. Nice try, but I’m not buying it.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:02 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,783 times
I manage a work force of 200. approx 40% is black
Approximately 0% is illegal.

Last two random drug screens we have pulled was 100% negative.

I have every thing from no high school degree to masters degree working for me..............

Guess this is not indicative for the "average" work force huh.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:49 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,082 times
Quote:
Yada, yada, yada and etc. The same old same old being regurtitated by people who think everyone is stupid and doesn't know the truth out there. I am sorry but I have not found that more white people do drugs than Hispanics or any other ethnicity or race out there. You are race baiting and trying to start trouble with nothing but an opening post that does not tell the whole truth at all. It sickens me when I see posts such as your because I know in my heart how you have skewed anything and everyrhing to make it look like all Hispanics are just wonderful people. They are not all wonderful, as not all whites are and etc. Want to know something? Hispanic teens happen to be the highest majority of new HIV cases in this country because the parents just won't teach them to have safe sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration