Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 03:32 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,433,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Let's get back on topic.

So what can Puerto Ricans do to protect themselves from the illegal "I'm just trying to get a job" scum and ID theft?
Short of putting a fraud alert on their credit reports or paying for monitoring of their credit reports and those of their children, there really isn't a great deal that they can do. As long as there are illegal aliens of hispanic descent in this country, no one with an hispanic surname will be safe from them.

It's merely another reason to add to the long list of reasons why another amnesty should not be granted. These criminals have so many schemes and identities, I'm sure they don't remember who the hell they are anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 03:39 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,217,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Short of putting a fraud alert on their credit reports or paying for monitoring of their credit reports and those of their children, there really isn't a great deal that they can do. As long as there are illegal aliens of hispanic descent in this country, no one with an hispanic surname will be safe from them.

It's merely another reason to add to the long list of reasons why another amnesty should not be granted. These criminals have so many schemes and identities, I'm sure they don't remember who the hell they are anymore.
To run with your ball further: I suspect that only certain stereotypical Hispanic surnames are stolen (Rodriguez, Martinez, Gomez, Hernandez, etc) whereas others (Colon, Betancourt and so on) are not popular with Mexican ID thieves.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:45 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,433,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
To run with your ball further: I suspect that only certain stereotypical Hispanic surnames are stolen (Rodriguez, Martinez, Gomez, Hernandez, etc) whereas others (Colon, Betancourt and so on) are not popular with Mexican ID thieves.
I have no doubt that you are absolutely correct. Those who would like to pretend otherwise are doing just that, pretending. But I guess that's all you can do is pretend when your whole life is a lie.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:39 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,291,912 times
Quote:
What does that even mean?

Old 04-03-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
What does that even mean?
I have never met/heard of a Mexican or American of that background with the surname 'Colon'.

Translation: said surname would likely raise a red flag whereas 'Rodriguez' is now starting to become a common English or Australian one let alone Hispanic.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:53 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,291,912 times
Quote:
I have never met/heard of a Mexican or American of that background with the surname 'Colon'.

Translation: said surname would likely raise a red flag whereas 'Rodriguez' is now starting to become a common English or Australian one let alone Hispanic.
I still don't get your point.
By the way, I know of some Colóns.
I think you'd have to be more in touch with the Latino community to know the names out there that aren't "stereotypical".

No offense, but there's A LOT of things you don't know about Mexicans/Hispanics such as surnames out there.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:15 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,455,498 times
I know some colons back from my school days, hehehe my last names (in mexico you have 2) are weird, regards

Old 04-18-2009, 12:27 AM

147 posts, read 212,543 times
Quote:
An identity-theft ring that catered to illegal immigrants seeking to establish themselves in the U.S. stole the personal data of 7,000 public school children in Puerto Rico, officials said Tuesday.
Members of the ring broke into about 50 schools across the U.S. island territory over the past two years to steal birth certificates and Social Security numbers to sell to the illegal immigrants, the FBI and other agencies announced at a news conference.
The victims were largely unaware their information had been stolen - and likely would not have learned of the thefts until they became adults and tried to buy something on credit, said assistant U.S. Attorney Julia Diaz Rex.

FBI: Thousands of PR children victims of ID theft - Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/451/story/1116146.html - broken link)

Is there anything they won't steal? Since they are Americans, I guess Puerto Ricans aren't considered part of the "Race".

Talk about irony! I came across this that I posted long before I was informed that my sons identity had been stolen. His SS# was used to claim him on someones taxes. Now, i don't know if the person was illegal, but I just wanted to share this experience and totally qualify this article and these posts..

Old 04-18-2009, 01:21 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,300,223 times
Quote:
As a matter of fact, I posted this with you in mind.

Speaking of ironies, they don't like 'us' (black people) either. They have been ethnically cleansing blacks in California for a while now. They steal Puerto Rican Americans identities and they use Black America's civil rights movement and abuse the 14th Amendment to anchor themselves to America and falsely compare and justify their sob stories and criminal existence in America.

Of course we both know that it is indeed illegal alien hispanics who are stealing the identities of Puerto Rican children. Who else would benefit the most by doing so? In light of the fact that 90% of illegal aliens in the US are from mexico, I think it's safe to say it's a no brainer in terms of whose stealing and benefiting from the surnames of American children of Puerto Rican descent. Yet the LaRaza crowd on this board just couldn't wait to blame me as being a player of the only card they have and perpetually use to justify their criminal existence in America. They have no pride or dignity, thus they find no shame in any of their criminal actions be it: lying, cheating, stealing, eating their young or anyone else's, despite the disgusting nature of their crimes and the misery they cause Americans. For them, because they have no legitimate defense for the indefensible, playing the race card is the best they can do.

A Puerto Rican surname is as valuable to them as an anchor (aka jackpot) baby. Anytime a "female" stoops so low to methodically plan a pregnancy, waits until she is in full blown labor to streak across the border of a sovereign nation to use that child as a perpetual sob story, an anchor and a free meal ticket, you know that nothing is beneath them or those who hail from the same culture of criminal corruption.

Just when we think they can't stoop any lower, they prove us wrong.
I had an experience which lends some truth to your statement about Latinos being prejudiced against Blacks. I went shopping with a friend of mine from Nigeria. On the way home, we decided to stop at the cafeteria of the college where I teach to get some dinner. The woman who runs the cash register is an illegal, as is the man who manages the dining room. The woman looked at my friend as though she were an alien and said "No." I asked for the manager. They both stood there and stared at my friend, telling me over and over--while staring at her--"No. Sorry." Both of these people have seen me in the cafeteria on several occasions. I had my I.D. card, and faculty are certainly allowed to bring guests to the cafeteria. I couldn't believe it. We finally left. I don't know why I didn't call the campus police--their offices are only one floor down from the cafeteria. I think I was just so flabbergasted that I didn't have the presence of mind to do so.

A lot of Latinos voted for Obama--but since they know that he has plans to offer them citizenship, they were no doubt willing to overlook his race.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I had an experience which lends some truth to your statement about Latinos being prejudiced against Blacks. I went shopping with a friend of mine from Nigeria. On the way home, we decided to stop at the cafeteria of the college where I teach to get some dinner. The woman who runs the cash register is an illegal, as is the man who manages the dining room. The woman looked at my friend as though she were an alien and said "No." I asked for the manager. They both stood there and stared at my friend, telling me over and over--while staring at her--"No. Sorry." Both of these people have seen me in the cafeteria on several occasions. I had my I.D. card, and faculty are certainly allowed to bring guests to the cafeteria. I couldn't believe it. We finally left. I don't know why I didn't call the campus police--their offices are only one floor down from the cafeteria. I think I was just so flabbergasted that I didn't have the presence of mind to do so.

A lot of Latinos voted for Obama--but since they know that he has plans to offer them citizenship, they were no doubt willing to overlook his race.
What is so damn weird is that many so-called 'Latinos' are clearly Black (dark skin, kinky hair, wide noses and big lips)---------Puerto Ricans and Dominicans both come to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration