Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 07:04 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,422,095 times

Advertisements

An identity-theft ring that catered to illegal immigrants seeking to establish themselves in the U.S. stole the personal data of 7,000 public school children in Puerto Rico, officials said Tuesday.
Members of the ring broke into about 50 schools across the U.S. island territory over the past two years to steal birth certificates and Social Security numbers to sell to the illegal immigrants, the FBI and other agencies announced at a news conference.
The victims were largely unaware their information had been stolen - and likely would not have learned of the thefts until they became adults and tried to buy something on credit, said assistant U.S. Attorney Julia Diaz Rex.

FBI: Thousands of PR children victims of ID theft - Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/451/story/1116146.html - broken link)

Is there anything they won't steal? Since they are Americans, I guess Puerto Ricans aren't considered part of the "Race".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 07:23 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,583,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Is there anything they won't steal? Since they are Americans, I guess Puerto Ricans aren't considered part of the "Race".
I’m not surprised, because no one is off-limits for illegals. They don’t care who they hurt, as long as they get what they want. Yet, we’re mean-spirited because we oppose their criminal behavior.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I’m not surprised, because no one is off-limits for illegals. They don’t care who they hurt, as long as they get what they want. Yet, we’re mean-spirited because we oppose their criminal behavior.

Bingo. Yet they wonder why we want nothing to do with them and the cultural crime wave that defines them.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:37 PM

608 posts, read 924,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I guess the Spanish sounding names from PR have more value to the illegals trying to pass themselves off as US citizens! It's sad though that by opposing this type of behavior makes you a racist, nativist, hater, etc. Go figure...Consider the sources! Illegals and their FEW remaining supporters beware! More people are becoming aware of this type of behavior from our illegal "friends." This isn't going to win many allies or popular support for the illegal's cause!

Old 03-31-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
I guess the Spanish sounding names from PR have more value to the illegals trying to pass themselves off as US citizens! It's sad though that by opposing this type of behavior makes you a racist, nativist, hater, etc. Go figure...Consider the sources! Illegals and their FEW remaining supporters beware! More people are becoming of this type of behavior from our illegal "friends." This isn't going to win many allies or popular support for the illegal's cause!
Bingo

Old 03-31-2009, 08:14 PM

50,481 posts, read 47,219,800 times
I'm Indian and at first it used to bother me the constant label of racist on my views. Now I don't even flinch as I know the Illegal Alien agenda is to use the race card when they have no proof or reason to belong to our Society.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:34 PM

608 posts, read 924,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm Indian and at first it used to bother me the constant label of racist on my views. Now I don't even flinch as I know the Illegal Alien agenda is to use the race card when they have no proof or reason to belong to our Society.
Bingo! Unfortunatly, as we've discussed countless time before, most pro-illegals can't make their arguement stick against the proven facts and documentation pertaining to the illegal immigration issue. To counter this, they like to often use the "racist label" scare tactic. Those of us that want to combat this issue need to overcome this fear as you have and realize that being called something by a complete stranger really means nothing at all.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:40 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,757,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
Bingo! Unfortunatly, as we've discussed countless time before, most pro-illegals can't make their arguement stick against the proven facts and documentation pertaining to the illegal immigration issue. To counter this, they like to often use the "racist label" scare tactic. Those of us that want to combat this issue need to overcome this fear as you have and realize that being called something by a complete stranger really means nothing at all.
The OP started the talk about "race".

Old 03-31-2009, 08:44 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,677,196 times
its a scam. they use any info. regardless of race.

why do you always have to inject race or ethnicity into it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
An identity-theft ring that catered to illegal immigrants seeking to establish themselves in the U.S. stole the personal data of 7,000 public school children in Puerto Rico, officials said Tuesday.
Members of the ring broke into about 50 schools across the U.S. island territory over the past two years to steal birth certificates and Social Security numbers to sell to the illegal immigrants, the FBI and other agencies announced at a news conference.
The victims were largely unaware their information had been stolen - and likely would not have learned of the thefts until they became adults and tried to buy something on credit, said assistant U.S. Attorney Julia Diaz Rex.

FBI: Thousands of PR children victims of ID theft - Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/451/story/1116146.html - broken link)

Old 03-31-2009, 09:56 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,248,185 times
So I guess stealing from children is acceptable. After all illegals are only looking for a better life. Hey they didn't need that SSN anyway right? Their just kids. Is there any level an illegal won't lower themselves too?
And yet some folks still believe they rate amnesty.
Oh I know the illegals didn't know they were stealing from children right? The point is they don't care who they steal from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration