Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2007, 11:38 PM

398 posts, read 1,410,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yes, that's exactly what I was about to post!! Did you know that most serial killers are Caucasian males? So I guess all White men need to "stand up" against serial murder, and say they don't tolerate it... get our point?

And they do. Most, if not all serial killers get the death penalty; and it is enforced. Example, Timothy McVeigh. And that's just an example. However, when we see thousands of illegal criminal immigrants protesting on the streets DEMANDING RIGHTS, DEMANDING BENEFITS, we never hear or read ONE word from Hispanic organizations rejecting that behavior from criminals free on the streets. EVEN MORE, these criminals are supported and well funded by HISPANIC RIGHTS organizations.

As I've said before, is not a matter of race, color, religion, country or origin, is about America. Everything "America" means. And one of the things that makes this great nation different from the rest of the crappy world, is that WE HAVE LAWS AND JUSTICE FOR ALL. We have a system created by the people for the people. That must be protected and enforced at all costs because is the foundation of our freedom. Hence, CROSSING THE BORDER INTO OUR COUNTRY IS A CRIMINAL ACT THAT MUST BE PROSECUTED. The government do not want to enforce it, ok, there's nothin' I can do about that. But that doesn't mean that I have to accept it, nor makes the crime a right thing to do. Americans Hispanics, Caucasians, Asians, whatever is the background, MUST stand against these type of acts and policies and say what is wrong, no matter who is listening. You have to protect your values, your identity. When you defend what you believe, what is proven is right, then you might be a true American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 11:39 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,473,104 times
Need Community Where I don't Feel Inferior.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:43 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,090,339 times
Default Compare "apples to apples"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yes, I agree, why is it easy for some countries to act on this, but our country is so lame about it?
Last time I checked, it's been since the days of Pangaea since Australia shared land with anyone. If Australia wasn't surrounded by oceans and instead shared a 2000-mile land border with a country of diminished economic means, say the Philippines, how would it be in Australia? I realize this is mostly academic, but we have to compare apples-to-apples. Australia (originally a British debtors prison) has neither the immigration challenges nor immigration legacy of the United States.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:08 PM

97 posts, read 372,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahluagal View Post
We moved to Kingsport from a town in Illinois that was 65% Hispanic...I could no longer read the signs in the stores. Now we may be moving to Nashville and am looking for areas that English is the primary language and that there isn't a taco stand on every corner. I know that this is not the Politically Correct stance but I've been there, done that, and have had enough. Could someone recommend communites within a 45 minute druive of Nashville that would my totally non-PC need?
I have had the same experience with illegal aliens invading a town in FL called Poinciana (which is east of Kissimmee, FL - home of Disney World and south of Orlando, FL). Poinciana/Kissimmee is like 90% hispnaic now, like El Paso, TX or NOgales, TX. All 3 cities are vilent, gang-ridden, and full of street thugs. It is horrible.

I am going to quote this one dude I saw on a post.... he is telling it all.

That is why Americans of non-Hispanic origin are paying the big bucks to live away from "mexicanized America".

Here is the post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
Do NOT move to Poinciana or Kissimmee, unless you:

1. Can speak FLUENT SPANISH. "Espanol de Gringo" will not work here.

2. Enjoy loud Spanish music at 3am every night.

3. Has work authorization to work in the "Republica de Poinciana" since your American Social Security card is not valid in the area. Americans are the "illegal aliens" in this area.

4. Enjoy robberies and murders on the street corners on a daily basis.

Otherwise, do NOT move to that area!!

Old 05-12-2007, 04:55 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,030,427 times
Quote:
I'm glad that my post has made so many of you feel warm, fuzzy, and politically correct. But until you have lived in a town of 100,00 that has had one hospital close, and the other on the verge of bankruptcy. churches moving out, school scores in the dumper, and property values plummeting, please don't lecture me.

hate to say it, but this guy is spot on. Many americans are somewhat insulated from this phenomenon of foreign cultures taking over a predominately "american" city. In socal, chinese have taken over parts of the san gabriel valley so much so that all business signage is in chinese. this has been repeated to many other cities like huntington park and surrounding cities by mexicans. Imagine living in an area for so long and then finding that your way of doing things has been taken over. i don't think that too many folks would like that.

Old 05-12-2007, 05:40 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,438,249 times
Go somewhere cold where fruit picking and grass cutting are not common jobs...stay away from major cities and look up stastics on city data maybe too, good luck, don't blame you!

Old 05-12-2007, 06:48 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,598,377 times
You'll find most of the 'un-invaded' areas of the country in the Northern Rockies. Folks there have always been self-reliant, so the urge to 'cheat' by hiring illegals is much less.

That, and most of those 'small-town' Americans still know what the hell a Constitution is...

Old 05-12-2007, 07:08 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,645,339 times
After reading the opening post and a few others I didn't want to waste my time reading the whole thing. Just a few comments. I live in the Phoenix area and of course we have a large population of hispanics. I'm completely opposed to the government's lack of protection on our southern border and I don't agree with the amnesty idea for millions of illegals. However, I see hispanics in my city as hard working people and they do some very difficult jobs. I wouldn't last fifteen minutes on a highway crew in August in Phoenix but these guys are adapted to it and they do a good job. I don't believe that we can allow more people into our nation than we can absorb. However a few of the posts I've read sound quite ignorant, to be honest. At one point in our history the Irish, who were my ancestors, were the group that was looked down upon by society. That was based on ignorance and so is the idea that hispanics are somehow below the standards that it takes to be an American.

Old 05-12-2007, 07:22 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,174,973 times
Quote:
I'm glad that my post has made so many of you feel warm, fuzzy, and politically correct. But until you have lived in a town of 100,00 that has had one hospital close, and the other on the verge of bankruptcy. churches moving out, school scores in the dumper, and property values plummeting, please don't lecture me.
I just want to add that our town is heading in the same direction, sad to say, but when the state patrol doesn't even send them back anymore, there is nothing that we can do. The only way they get shipped back where they came from is if they have more then ten in there car.
I think people need to wake up here, if you want to continue to pay to have them stay, well I will send you my bills and you can pay for them to stay. They don't have to pay taxes like you and I do, they live like they have in Mexico, and if they want to become legal and pay their own way, and keep our town clean, well then I will shut up, until then, this person has a right to his own opinion. I also think you need to stop and look around, because they maybe coming to your area next, just give them time.

Old 05-12-2007, 07:23 PM

430 posts, read 1,395,714 times
It's true MOST "Hispanic rights" organizations defend illegal immigration, but they hardly represent all Hispanics. There is a group called "you don't speak for us" that is an exception.

Those Hispanics who are opposed to illegal immigration (including the majority of the U.S. born, Puerto Ricans, and Cubans, for example), are often silent becuase so much of the anti-illegal sentiment in this country these days is really just a cover for inti-MEXICAN sentiment, or anti-Latino sentiment in general, regardless of their legal status or where they were born.

The majority of Latinos in the U.S. as a whole were born in the U.S. and DO speak English, -But that depends on what part of the country you are in.

Illegal immigration IS a big problem no matter where the illegals are from (something which to many "Liberals" are unwilling to admit) , and of course people are genuinely concerned about that. But much of the motivation for this anti-Mexican sentiment is clearly racism and ethnic bigotry . It does not help matters any that a lot of the illegal "advocates" claim ANY opposition toward illegal immigration is "racism" and are themselves bigoted against "White" (and black) Americans, especially of the working class. Unfortunately, far too many of the Nativists end up confirming what the other side says by their own racism. Both sides are pathetic, really.

To much immigration, especially of poorly educated people from different CULTURES (as opposed to "race"), legal or illegal, is a problem, period. Unfortunately, most party leaders of both republicans and democrats are Hippocrates or just plain dishonest about this issue. Mass deportation is not practical, but neither is an open border. Allow those here now to earn legal status and eventual citizenship, but only AFTER the border is controlled, and employers are truly held accountable.

There should be JAILTIME for employers who break the law. There must be mandatory background checks of potential employees to determine legal status and an efficient way to do this. There also needs to be an effective national I.D. card for everyone. The so called "real I.D. act" does not do this becuase it would leave to many U.S. citizens with no I.D. at all, and would contribute to identity theft.

Politicians have not done anything about this because they are beholden to big business and don't most don't really care about the people. But they are more then willing to pander to various groups with rhetoric and ineffective "solutions" just to maintain their power.

Last edited by bigtallredhead; 05-12-2007 at 07:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration