Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support amnesty for illegal aliens?
Yes, let's roll out the red carpet 18 16.82%
No, get them back to Mexico ASAP! 89 83.18%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 02:03 PM

471 posts, read 587,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
I saw your poll. What makes you think all illegals are Mexican? it says send them back to Mexico? how about English, French, German, Russian, Iranians, Chinesse, koreans, and others should all be send to Mexico?
Maybe not all but check out the numbers

Illegal immigrants;

80% Latin 57 of that 80 from MEXICO and the other 23 from 'other' south American countries.
10% from Asia
5% from Canada and Europe
5% from Africa and "other"

I'm going to assume that when most people talk about illegal immigration they do mean Mexican and South American illegal immigration. And rightfully so. It is the overwhelming majority.

You do realize that HALF, 50%, of the immigration from south of the border is ILLEGAL. You do know that, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
Well, deportation is an option.. but as I wrote before... is it $$ viable?
Yes, it is.

If we build a wall, a real wall, not just chain link, and then enforce our current immigration laws.(after we repeal the immigration act of 1965 of course)

Then we can begin deporting illegals. Hell if we just cut our foreign military presence over seas that would free up 500 billion a year to help solve the problem. I think that would be plenty of money.

EDIT: I meant to state that if we cut our foreign presence by only HALF. It totals at a trillion annually now to keep our foreign interests afloat right now.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:29 PM

439 posts, read 616,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
Yes, it is.

If we build a wall, a real wall, not just chain link, and then enforce our current immigration laws.(after we repeal the immigration act of 1965 of course)

Then we can begin deporting illegals. Hell if we just cut our foreign military presence over seas that would free up 500 billion a year to help solve the problem. I think that would be plenty of money.

EDIT: I meant to state that if we cut our foreign presence by only HALF. It totals at a trillion annually now to keep our foreign interests afloat right now.

If you build a wall the Illegals will just build a bigger ladder.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:42 PM

549 posts, read 1,665,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It would be even more costly to grant them amnesty. Not only would 20+ million receive citizenship, but they would then bring millions of their relatives in. We wouldn’t need to spend a penny on deportation, if we would simply enforce ALL of our laws. If they couldn’t work here, and couldn’t receive ANY benefits, they would leave. Also, the 14th Amendment should be rescinded. All of the descendants of African slaves have already been granted citizenship.

The average U.S. citizen is multiracial, and the U.S. is not even considered a white homogenous country by Europeans and other nationals overseas.

If the 14th Amendment is rescinded that would mean that the offprings of foreigners (from Europe, The Americas, Asia, Africa, and Australasia) born in U.S. would not become U.S. Nationals as well...

Last time I checked our country was founded by worldwide immigrants who pursued a better quality of life. (Native red skinned/Cherokee are the only true Americans).

I think you should move to a white homogenous country like Australia, Argentina, or Uruguay (you probably won`t be able to live in Europe with only a U.S. passport)....

I really dislike your racial comments, and I am white.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:50 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
If you build a wall the Illegals will just build a bigger ladder.
It wouldn’t matter how "big" their ladders are, if we have moats brimming with alligators on the other side. Of course, we would have ample warning signs in Spanish. I think that would be a sufficient deterrent.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:52 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
The average U.S. citizen is multiracial, and the U.S. is not even considered a white homogenous country by Europeans and other nationals overseas.

If the 14th Amendment is rescinded that would mean that the offprings of foreigners (from Europe, The Americas, Asia, Africa, and Australasia) born in U.S. would not become U.S. Nationals as well...

Last time I checked our country was founded by worldwide immigrants who pursued a better quality of life. (Native red skinned/Cherokee are the only true Americans).

I think you should move to a white homogenous country like Australia, Argentina, or Uruguay (you probably won`t be able to live in Europe with only a U.S. passport)....

I really dislike your racial comments, and I am white.
Obviously, you don’t know the original intent of the 14th Amendment, or you wouldn’t have engaged in your rant. Do a little research, and then get back with me. I don’t care how “white†you are, I am black. So what?

Old 05-24-2009, 02:54 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar

Obviously, you don’t know the original intent of the 14th Amendment, or you wouldn’t have engaged in your rant. Do a little research, and then get back with me. I don’t care how “white” you are, I am black. So what?
As a descendant of slaves, I'm co-signing.

As usual what you stated is dead on

Old 05-24-2009, 02:54 PM

549 posts, read 1,665,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
Yes, it is.

Well, build the wall... if you want to live inside a prison.

We could live as Chinese people do sorrounded by a wall. Maybe we could call our wall the 8th world wonder.

There are millions of foreigners who come by plane (from Europe, Asia, the Americas, Africa, and Australasia) and become undocumented aliens BTW...

Let me guess... You would shut down the airports as well???

You need to be more logical about this immigration issue.

If we just punish $$$ the employers who hire undocumented aliens that will stop this problem.

With no jobs I doubt they will stay here.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:07 PM

256 posts, read 479,560 times
Absolutely no amnesty or any form of legalization of illegals aliens and their offspring. Once someone is proven to be illegal, they should be stripped of all legal rights and they and their children should be deported immediately back to their country of origin.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Well, build the wall... if you want to live inside a prison.

We could live as Chinese people do sorrounded by a wall. Maybe we could call our wall the 8th world wonder.

There are millions of foreigners who come by plane (from Europe, Asia, the Americas, Africa, and Australasia) and become undocumented aliens BTW...

Let me guess... You would shut down the airports as well???
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA.....right

You need to be more logical about this immigration issue.

If we just punish $$$ the employers who hire undocumented aliens that will stop this problem.

With no jobs I doubt they will stay here.
I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you have read very few of my post and that you dont know what I said before.

Apparently you didn't see that Asia, Canada, Europe, Africa and a few other countries account for a little less than 20% of illegal immigrants here.

Mexico accounts for 57%, other south of the border countries account for 23%. They are not coming here in drove by planes, boats, or submarines. The vast majority walk right across our southern border.

Funny thing about building a wall, like the one that Israel has, is that it has CHECK POINTS and GATES. Both of which you can easily cross thru with the proper ID and documentation.

Oh and if you want to see them go home in droves, make illegal entry a felony, stop anchor babies, and end ALL welfare services to immigrant and illegals. Quite a few would leave just after that simple move. We could put the saved money toward the wall idea too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration